PDA

View Full Version : Free Eye Test

Dedworth
6th December 2013, 21:06
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I think it's important to get your eyes checked regularly

You can book a free test here, no obligation to buy but they'll also give you £30.00 off their no doubt expensive glasses.

http://www.opticalexpress.co.uk/landingpage/lp/eye-test/7/?

No experience myself of this outfit. For the last few years I've used Specsavers and for my annual test a month or so back they charged me a fiver (I had some sort of voucher). I was quite impressed with all the computerised kit they used but less so when it came to trying to flog me the glasses.

My vision has slightly improved but Mrs Woman took me over to the display and ran through all the patter of coated lenses this and "free" pair that, told me to have a look at them and she'd see me later.

I had no intention of buying on the day but browsed all the same, sat down on a chair , checked my email and the latest football scores. Saw Mrs Woman go out and come back with her lunch and after 20 minutes no-one had dealt with me so I walked out still owing £5.00. Not long afterwards they were on the phone to me at home saying I'd left without paying so I told 'em why and coughed up by credit card.

I'm either not going to bother or see what their competitors are after for reglazing my existing 1 year old Tommy Hilfiger frames (as selected by the wife I'd have gone for some £10 NHS ones !)

Doc Alan
6th December 2013, 22:01
Thanks for posting, Ded, you're right about having an eye test regularly ( http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39481-Look-Out-for-Healthy-Eyes ).

Like you, I have no experience of the " Optical express outfit " but don't blame you for walking out on Specsavers with that sort of treatment ( or lack of it ) :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Dedworth
6th December 2013, 22:07
Thanks Doc I just scanned through your other post from 2012 - I wonder how many of those who said " I must get my eyes tested" actually did ? :smile:

PS - It was Specsavers I walked out on

stevewool
6th December 2013, 22:09
a free pye test, what flavor are they

Doc Alan
6th December 2013, 22:11
Thanks Doc I just scanned through your other post from 2012 - I wonder how many of those who said " I must get my eyes tested" actually did ? :smile:

PS - It was Specsavers I walked out on

It would be interesting to know how many did go for an eye test. I re-read your first post wearing MY glasses :biggrin:.

bigmarco
7th December 2013, 11:09
Being a diabetic I always get the eyes tested every year. I need to have 2 pairs of specs as well for work. I always look for the BOGOF and like Ded I went a bit upmarket last time because the Mrs picked them. Mind you it helps because work contribute £87 towards the bill :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
7th December 2013, 13:30
Always look after your eyes, you only get one pair! :xxgrinning--00xx3: