PDA

View Full Version : Philippines to seek apology from 'Desperate Housewives' producer

Win2Win
3rd October 2007, 16:01
Manila, Oct 3 (Xinhua) The Philippine government said Wednesday it would ask for an apology from the producers of a US television series, 'Desperate Housewives', for an alleged 'racial slur' against Filipino medical practitioners in one of its episodes.

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=287510)

eula mackay
3rd October 2007, 17:06
that would be about the episode of teri hatcher then in a hospital. she was speaking to a doctor on the scene and was asking to see the medical certificate of the doctor who i suppose will conduct a surgery. she wanted to make sure that the doctor is not from the philippines. hmmm...not very nice, is it?

singkit
3rd October 2007, 22:33
Not very nice indeed:furious3: The Disney Enterprise, feeling guilty about the issue, removed their videos from many sites that offers free video uploading such as youtube. Obviously they are guilty and owe an apology to many professional filipino doctors and nurses all over the world.:CompBuster::Brick:

baboyako
3rd October 2007, 23:16
probably a reference to the june 2006 exam :doh I think the US have banned nurses who passed that now anyway :NoNo:

bigtombowski
3rd October 2007, 23:33
aha, having read the news article, it does seem pretty racist, although, i do think that on some levels, if done with a certain irony, a certain type of racism is actually funny . . . i must though offer the aforementioned caveat!

Hmmm, years and years and years and years of "irish jokes" ... and much of that symtomatic of a certain type of worldwide racism towards us?

Whatever . ..

we just laugh :D

i just suggest that the filipinos laugh AT the people who create this stuff . ..just make sure it's not laughing "with" such people :)

tom

andypaul
4th October 2007, 00:16
Well put if the english, british, Irish, french worried about every hollywood joke, there be non stop protests.

vbkelly
4th October 2007, 10:31
this is big insults to our filipino doctors and nurses

Tonet
4th October 2007, 10:51
http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14035
http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14035&page=2

You should also read comments from that news, some stupid people posted some really bad comments as if they know everything about Filipinos, and as if their country is the best and perfect,

gracia143
4th October 2007, 15:05
It is humiliating and yet it should serve as an eye-opener for us Filipinos too. One person said we can't handle the truth, of course we can but adding insult to injury, that's what we can't handle. Why single us out? They are no better than us, they know nothing about us really. Our government is corrupt but we aim to do better and we are fighting to make our lives better and the next generation. Still we are a breed of proud people and we should hold our heads up high because we deserve better treatment. Just one stupid Hollywood Actress can't bring down that Filipino Spirit, MABUHAY KA FILIPINO, MABUHAY TAYONG LAHAT!

vbkelly
5th October 2007, 12:26
Bato Bato Sa Langit Tamaan Huwag Magalit