PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfest cooking......

LEAHnew
2nd October 2007, 09:37
Hi there wanna share these recipes, I sent already to my beb but I’m not sure if he can make it:NoNo:…i guess no beer stay long in his fridge…..:doh:D

Roast Pork Loin in Beer Sauce
For marinade:
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup honey
3 cups beer (not dark),
3 1/2−pound boneless pork loin, tied (3 to 3 1/2 inches wide)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
a beurre manié, made by rubbing together 1 tablespoon
softened unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon all−purpose flour

Make marinade:
In a large saucepan stir together marinade ingredients. Bring marinade just to a boil,
stirring (marinade will rise and foam), and remove pan from heat. In a blender purée
marinade in 2 batches, transferring it as puréed to bowl. Cool marinade to
room temperature and spoon off any remaining foam.
In a large heavy resealable plastic bag combine pork and marinade and seal bag,
pressing out any excess air. Put bag in a baking pan and marinate pork, chilled,
turning bag once or twice, at least 8 hours and up to 24. Let pork in marinade
come to room temperature, about 40 minutes. Transfer marinade to a saucepan
and bring just to a boil.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a flameproof
roasting pan heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and
brown pork on all sides. Roast pork in middle of oven, basting frequently with
some marinade, until a meat thermometer registers 155°F. for slightly pink meat, 1
to 1 1/2 hours. Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving juices in roasting pan
and discarding string, and let stand, covered loosely with foil, about 15 minutes.
While pork is standing, skim and discard fat from pan and add remaining marinade.
Deglaze roasting pan over moderately high heat, scraping up brown bits. Bring
sauce just to a boil and strain through a fine sieve into another
saucepan. Bring sauce to a simmer and whisk in beurre manié, bit by bit, whisking
until sauce is combined well and thickened slightly.
Serve pork, sliced, with sauce.

Beer Soup
1 1/2 tbsp. (heaping) flour
3 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 liter Beer
1 sm piece of cinnamon
sugar to taste
2 Egg yolks
1/2 c. plus 1/2 tbsp. milk
Toasted white (French) bread
Open the beer and let it get flat; at least two hours. Brown the flour in the butter,
then add beer. Add cinnamon and sugar and bring to a boil. Whisk together the
egg yolk and milk and stir into the hot (but no longer boiling) beer. Strain, and
serve with toasted slices of bread.

If anyone tried let me know your feedback….:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Reminder: Never cook with a beer you would not yourself drink:D

KeithD
2nd October 2007, 09:43
....and then smother it in tomato sauce.....:)

kimmi
2nd October 2007, 11:33
wow sis,it makes me feel hungry..i'll share it too with Clive,thanks..:)

silver13
2nd October 2007, 11:56
i'll see if i can make it that's a good one :-) as paul need to be contented with the food contains beer sauce already but if he still want to drink more, then that adds to his beer intake in a day :-)

LEAHnew
2nd October 2007, 11:57
:) Hi sis Kimmi I have lots of beer ingredients if u want more i'll send u:xxgrinning--00xx3:, but I'm not tried cooking yet i'm still learning the alternative ing. in our local market :doh
Wish ko lang maluto ni Chris yun:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: na hindi iniinom yung beer:NoNo:

LEAHnew
2nd October 2007, 12:08
i'll see if i can make it that's a good one :-) as paul need to be contented with the food contains beer sauce already but if he still want to drink more, then that adds to his beer intake in a day :-)

:omg: make it 1 cup only instead of 3 cups:D BTW to add Lyn they recommend German beer :Erm: they said it's not dark:Erm::Erm: maybe Paul knew what beer is not dark:rolleyes:

kimmi
2nd October 2007, 12:17
sure sis, I look forward to it..since he really loves cooking and i love eating and well thats our division of labor..he he he

empott
2nd October 2007, 17:27
Try beer marinated tenderloin with balsamic honey glaze sauce. It's easy to prepare and yummy!

kimmi
3rd October 2007, 03:41
can u share with me the recipe empott?pls..:)

thank u..

KeithD
3rd October 2007, 09:06
Recipe:
Go to the freezer section in Asda
Pay at the till
Go home
Put purchase in microwave
DING!!!

Lovely 'beer marinated tenderloin with balsamic honey glaze sauce'

kimmi
3rd October 2007, 10:56
:Erm::Erm::omg::NoNo::Brick::Help1:

empott
3rd October 2007, 22:08
Thats a nice variation of the recipe, Boss. :rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Kimmi, I'll send it to u soon.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
4th October 2007, 01:05
thanks Empott..thank u thank u..:)

I didn't realized Boss is a great cook..he he he

LEAHnew
4th October 2007, 08:11
Recipe:
Go to the freezer section in Asda
Pay at the till
Go home
Put purchase in microwave
DING!!!

Lovely 'beer marinated tenderloin with balsamic honey glaze sauce'

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Best chef:D

JOHN GRANT
5th October 2007, 12:16
Now it may seem strange but as a fellow European I have never yet experienced the fun of a German Oktoberfest , where busty ladies and men in shorts will dance around whilst the customers sing along to party music, dance badly and enjoy draught beer and food till the late into the night or morning.

So now having traveled 9000 miles and its amazing to know that I am now going to experience my very first Oktoberfest fest here in Feils seminar resort in Davao City on October 13th. I am even helping to arrange it and I am having to ask my German friends for good advise with regards to the food and music , to even what the live band will play.

We are even trying to make part of the resort into a German street along with bunting and Christmas lights to make it great for the kids to see, or if they get bored hey can use the swimming pool,,,,no BOOZE there.

What really amazes me is that the staff are so excited to do this, they are designing costumes and even trying to arrange entertainment sets and are telling all their friends to come too.

Now if you want to experience this event with expats and the locals and enjoy it as a family day from 3pm on SATURDAY OCTBER 13TH onwards and watch the merging of a German custom and the friendliness and pure magic of Philippine hospitality, if you are in the area come along, if you get a little too tired or too much beer we have rooms for you to stay over too.

Now if this seems like an advert , well it probably is as the owners of the resort are great personal friends and I want everyone to experience this great resort that has a view of the APO mountains that will take your breath away.

For any more details feel free to contact me on JGRANT8165@YAHOO.CO.UK, of contact the resort and ask for PIE on

Tel.# 297-0719 or 297-2470
Telefax # 298-2601
E-mail: felisresort_4@yahoo.com