PDA

View Full Version : Beckham is backing Pacman

Dedworth
22nd November 2013, 18:35
Beckham backing 'inspirational' Pacquiao as former England captain touches down in Macau to watch Rios bout

David Beckham has declared himself ‘a huge fan’ of boxer Manny Pacquiao and says he will support him against Brandon Rios in their hotly anticipated fight on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2511887/David-Beckham-supporting-Manny-Pacquiao-Brandon-Rios-fight-Macau.html#ixzz2lOf9yOeh

gWaPito
22nd November 2013, 18:58
Let's hope this bout puts Manny back in the frame to fight Mayweather...I can't see it though :NoNo:
Neither him or Khan will fight him yet these 2 are going to fight to claim the prize of being called the greatest pound for pound boxer. :NoNo:

Terpe
22nd November 2013, 19:54
Agree, I also seriously doubt Pacman will ever fight Mayweather.

I too hope that Manny contributes his 'all' to make for a great spectacle and that he achieves a well earned victory. I'm sure it will lift the hearts of Filipino's around the whole world and especially at home where it's most needed at this time.

The Mayweather team have become experts at selecting the 'right' opponents at the right price.
The Pacman team have not.

gWaPito
22nd November 2013, 22:28
Agree, I also seriously doubt Pacman will ever fight Mayweather.

I too hope that Manny contributes his 'all' to make for a great spectacle and that he achieves a well earned victory. I'm sure it will lift the hearts of Filipino's around the whole world and especially at home where it's most needed at this time.

The Mayweather team have become experts at selecting the 'right' opponents at the right price.
The Pacman team have not.

I'm sure Manny will rise to the occasion. He's your archetypical proud Filipino.

I still say his advisors lead him up the garden path on the standing for Government nonsense...The guy lost his focus. ..If he hadn't he wouldn't of been knocked out at a time he was miles ahead in the points.

Perhaps the public could shame Mayweather into fighting Manny. ..especially after resent events. ....let's hope Manny puts on a good show on Sunday.

DaveyWallis
23rd November 2013, 00:47
If he hadn't he wouldn't of been knocked out at a time he was miles ahead in the points.

Another boxing history revisionist. He was ahead on all three judges cards by 1 point at the time he was KTFO.

This will be an interesting fight Rios is no mug and should be a reasonable challenge. It will tell us whether the Pacman still has it. Lose and he may as well retire. Win and a re-match with Bradley may be on the cards. Marquez doesn't want a 5th fight, he's got his win and that's how he wants to end it.

Mayweather is on a different level now. He just gets better and better. Manny peaked a few years ago. Some good young boxers coming through and better he quits soon before they catch him up and overtake him.

The Froch v Groves fight looks like a more exciting one. Hoping the Cobra knocks him out in the last round.