PDA

View Full Version : Posting a mobile to Fili.

Mikester
15th November 2013, 11:54
Hi All,

I want to send my girl (oh its the first time I've said that), my old mobile, its unlocked etc so it should work there. Will there be any problems her end to send that and requested choclate. I don't want her getting stung with customs charges etc her end.

Any tips or advice would be welcome. Delivery is to Cebu.

Thanks,

Mike.

Dedworth
15th November 2013, 12:02
A small balikbayan box would probably be your best option but it's probably too late for Christmas

http://www.forexcargouk.com/

KeithD
15th November 2013, 12:49
FedEx will get it there in about 3-5 days, but will cost about £50.

Mikester
15th November 2013, 15:20
I'm not sure either solution is practical to be honest. The phone probably isn't worth the £50 postage charge by courier, and would be to small and take to long for, the other system (which I had to look up on Wikipedia).

I was hoping for Royal mail, but I see there are problems sending batteries internationally, and customs charges.

Think I need to think of a plan B, any ideas for getting a reasonably decent phone in or to the Philippines? Philippines Ebay?? Direct from a Philippine mobile site???

Mike

Dedworth
15th November 2013, 15:35
All you need do with the BB box Mike is bulk it out with all sorts of cheap other stuff eg coffee, corned beef, canned foods, kids clothes etc. You'll be amazed at what overseas Filipinos send to their family's

KeithD
15th November 2013, 16:08
Fill the box with sardines and spam... they'll love you for it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th November 2013, 18:36
I'm not sure either solution is practical to be honest. The phone probably isn't worth the £50 postage charge by courier, and would be to small and take to long for, the other system (which I had to look up on Wikipedia).

I was hoping for Royal mail, but I see there are problems sending batteries internationally, and customs charges.

Think I need to think of a plan B, any ideas for getting a reasonably decent phone in or to the Philippines? Philippines Ebay?? Direct from a Philippine mobile site???

Mike

There are issues with any shipments containing Lithium Batteries.
The cost involved often outweighs the value.

You may find it better to fund the purchase of a phone locally. Either new or used.
Alternatively send without any battery.....still a cost / benefit issue....but anyway an alternative.

tiger31
16th November 2013, 02:59
BTW their favorite chocolate is toblerone they just love the stuff :smile: mobile phones are very cheap here try to get her a smart phone with wifi because then she can keep in touch with you by visiting malls most of them have free wifi in them.if you go on sullit.com that site will give you an idea on what the costs are for the model phone you want her to have .

Mikester
18th November 2013, 05:40
Thanks for that, I have now been looking on ebay.ph to see whats available, although there don't seem to be many sellers that use Paypal on there. I will look at your suggested site as well. Ironically Toblerone used to be manufactured in my home town many (probably 20+) years ago.

tiger31
18th November 2013, 09:29
Thanks for that, I have now been looking on ebay.ph to see whats available, although there don't seem to be many sellers that use Paypal on there. I will look at your suggested site as well. Ironically Toblerone used to be manufactured in my home town many (probably 20+) years ago.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:well thats the chocolate that makes them happy the most the bigger the better lol

cheekee
18th November 2013, 17:43
When I sent a mobile phone to my fiance using DHL she had to pay tax on it :(

Dedworth
18th November 2013, 17:57
When I sent a mobile phone to my fiance using DHL she had to pay tax on it :(

That's why BB boxes are the best

irishman12
18th November 2013, 23:26
hi ,try this website http://www.lazada.com.ph/ they accept cash on delivery or paypal is also accepted bought a tablet on there few months a go