PDA

View Full Version : Gina goes back to RP

ginapeterb
11th December 2005, 20:44
Hi Guys

This time....its my turn to watch the big bird depart, Gina is up and away this morning on your freindly Cathay Pacific CX252 to Hong Kong, this time, its my turn to sob and sulk.....
she is back to RP for a well earned months holiday with Nanay and Family, so its no cooked breakfast, no nicely pressed clothes layed out, and no tea at my bedside in the mornings, geeeeeze what ever did I do before.....

Admin
11th December 2005, 21:32
Just get to used having her around...and of she goes.....The question is....has she left the pressy under the tree :)

Now you can return everything back to the way it was before she arrived just to annoy her :lol:

ginapeterb
11th December 2005, 23:24
Originally posted by admin@Dec 11 2005, 08:32 PM
Just get to used having her around...and of she goes.....The question is....has she left the pressy under the tree :)

Now you can return everything back to the way it was before she arrived just to annoy her :lol:

Quoted post

I am about as happy as a pig in s......leave me alone and let me sulk please....I am spitting out my dummy...and throwing all of my toys out of the pram.

Admin
12th December 2005, 10:15
My missus wouldn't go back the Phil if I paid her, more like it'll be kicking & screaming to airport......not cos she'd miss me, she just hates her homeland

Pauldo
12th December 2005, 14:45
Originally posted by admin@Dec 12 2005, 10:15 AM
My missus wouldn't go back the Phil if I paid her, more like it'll be kicking & screaming to airport......not cos she'd miss me, she just hates her homeland

Quoted post

I offered to let my missus go over to collect the mom in law, see the relatives, say goodbyes yada yada, but she'd rather I went as she's worried about flying that far on her own.

Still, it proves there must be an element of marital trust there: sending her husband to the land of the LBFM on his own, for a week :o :D

walesrob
12th December 2005, 15:37
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Dec 11 2005, 10:24 PM
I am about as happy as a pig in s......leave me alone and let me sulk please....I am spitting out my dummy...and throwing all of my toys out of the pram.

Quoted post

Aww Pete, shes only been in UK for a few months and shes gone back already?!

I was looking up the price of flights to Philippines at this time of year, and Expedia only had Gulf Air for £2400 return :blink: Even direct to Hong Kong was £750 return...Xmas is a very expensive time of the year!

ginapeterb
12th December 2005, 16:07
Originally posted by walesrob@Dec 12 2005, 02:37 PM
Aww Pete, shes only been in UK for a few months and shes gone back already?!

I was looking up the price of flights to Philippines at this time of year, and Expedia only had Gulf Air for £2400 return :blink: Even direct to Hong Kong was £750 return...Xmas is a very expensive time of the year!

Quoted post

I will let you all into a secret !!!!

Rob you must be reading my mind, yesterday morning, I took my passport, packed a bag, after all Gina had all the things in her case anyway, and the holiday money, went to Cathay Rob, and tried to get a seat to Manila, while Gina was checking in, hahahah, she didnt see the bag, in the back of the car, nor the passport, Cathay could get me to Hong Kong no problem, but they couldnt get me on the Manila flight, the cost Rob was £769.00 plus taxes, so it worked out at £880.00.

Sadly, there are no flights back until 10th January, so my little blag didnt work, never mind, Gina was no the wiser, but I had this great idea, to take her to passport control, and then she would have said..where are you going ? I would have said.....WITH YOU !!!.....HEHEHEHEHE

Oh Well....it could have worked....

Keith....whats wrong with the Philippines mate ????

Admin
12th December 2005, 22:06
The wife thinks the Philippines is a worse place than I do :blink: Doesn't say much for it does it....prefer toilet paper, those banana leaves are a little rough!!

The airport alone puts you off, getting in and out, legal theft off the authorities, no help, look and treat you like dirt, and if your disabled...hard luck!! Ignorant bunch of losers. Great way to set the tone for the rest of the country :)

walesrob
12th December 2005, 23:17
Originally posted by admin@Dec 12 2005, 09:06 PM
.prefer toilet paper,

Quoted post

Thats another thing....why do ALL airports in the Philippines have no toilet paper in their toilets? :lol: :lol:

ginapeterb
13th December 2005, 00:30
Originally posted by walesrob@Dec 12 2005, 10:17 PM
Thats another thing....why do ALL airports in the Philippines have no toilet paper in their toilets? :lol: :lol:

Quoted post

simple Rob...the Filipinos will take it home.

PETE

ginapeterb
13th December 2005, 00:31
Originally posted by admin@Dec 12 2005, 09:06 PM
The wife thinks the Philippines is a worse place than I do :blink: Doesn't say much for it does it....prefer toilet paper, those banana leaves are a little rough!!

The airport alone puts you off, getting in and out, legal theft off the authorities, no help, look and treat you like dirt, and if your disabled...hard luck!! Ignorant bunch of losers. Great way to set the tone for the rest of the country :)

Quoted post

Otherwise ok Kieth ??

Admin
13th December 2005, 10:16
...apart from the groping before you enter the mall, having to leave what you've bought already with some shifty looking person at the door, being followed by a huddle of workers when walking around a store, having everyone staring at you just because you've got a Kentucky bucket and they are disgusted that you've left the bones! Trying to be ripped off in every taxi, new high rise building that are already full of cracks, fumes, everything is bloody brown...I hate brown.......dangerous crossing roads........Am I selling it as a holiday vacation spot yet? :lol:

Gary
13th December 2005, 10:55
At least there is the bonus of avisibly corrupt government instead of pretending to not be corrupt like every other.....

deepete
13th December 2005, 13:23
One time at Manila airport there was a enterprising guy showing you the way to the toilet cubicle and tearing you off some toilet paper from his own supply, all for a tip of course.

He was probably responsible for nicking the rolls in the first place.

Last year there was a lounge area upstairs with sandwiches and coffee, tv and games for i think about 750 pesos a person, kids were free. Nice view of the airport where we watched a wild electrical storm sweep across, just the thing to calm the nerves.August is not the best time to visit.

Peter

walesrob
13th December 2005, 14:02
Originally posted by deepete@Dec 13 2005, 12:23 PM
One time at Manila airport there was a enterprising guy showing you the way to the toilet cubicle and tearing you off some toilet paper from his own supply, all for a tip of course.

Quoted post

Still happens.....twice it happened to me...when they asked for a tip I just walked away :lol: :lol:

Seems they want a tip for a lot of things in Philippines....the worst was getting a taxi from domestic airport to Makati....as I got into the car, a hand appeared in front of me and a voice said "tip, tip, tip" :angry: :angry: :angry: I almost "by accident" shut the door on the 'hand' grrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry: :angry: :rolleyes: luckily Elsa was there to calm things down :D

ginapeterb
13th December 2005, 21:25
Last year there was a lounge area upstairs with sandwiches and coffee, tv and games for i think about 750 pesos a person, kids were free. Nice view of the airport where we watched a wild electrical storm sweep across, just the thing to calm the nerves.August is not the best time to visit.

I wanted to go in the lounge and pay the 750...they gave us a voucher each..for P450.00 as a promo...but my wife would not pay it...so I ended up having to sit with her in the cheap seats..she says... "Ang Mahal di ba "

I rest my case

Admin
13th December 2005, 23:32
At least you don't have to put up with the fumes you get in the Phil........open your window........take a nice deep breath of the fresh air..........burnt oil....carbon dioxide...carbon monoxide...... :lol:

deepete
14th December 2005, 00:13
How comes your posts show up as yesterday when i`m reading it at 23.15 the same day

walesrob
14th December 2005, 00:27
Originally posted by deepete@Dec 13 2005, 11:13 PM
How comes your posts show up as yesterday when i`m reading it at 23.15 the same day

Quoted post

Check your PC is on the correct time, or if not, I think this forum has a daylight saving time/British Summer Time option - it can be changed in My Controls.

I build computers and whenever I load windows, even though I specify UK as default region, language and keyboard layout, I'm still asked what time zone I'm in, and would you know, it defaults to USA time. :rolleyes:

deepete
14th December 2005, 00:35
Its the site, if you look at our time of postings its showing an hour in front, i`m posting this at 23.36

Peter

walesrob
14th December 2005, 02:11
Originally posted by deepete@Dec 13 2005, 11:35 PM
Its the site, if you look at our time of postings its showing an hour in front, i`m posting this at 23.36

Peter

Quoted post

Hmm, I think Keith needs to change some settings :)

Admin
14th December 2005, 15:33
Never have that problem when I build computers, always have it set correctly during the installation.

deepete
14th December 2005, 18:03
If you can tell me the winner of a race at 2.30 your time I could put a bet on here at 1.30

Admin
14th December 2005, 18:42
I can tell them in advance anyway, just ask my members :)

ginapeterb
15th December 2005, 23:02
Originally posted by admin@Dec 14 2005, 05:42 PM
I can tell them in advance anyway, just ask my members :)

Quoted post

Just to let everyone know I did have my first P2P Video Conference with Gina today, it was fantastic, we are using Apple I chat with the I-sight webcam/audio at both ends, speeds were 1mb at both ends, full screen digitized frames, no distortion, excellent sound, she was in McDonalds, Bacolod, i was at home, perfect, Apple certainly has it right.

Yahoo...web cam chatting and typing is redundant with this baby !

Admin
16th December 2005, 00:34
Apple!!! Traitor.....consider yourself of Mr Gates' Xmas list :lol:

ginapeterb
16th December 2005, 00:41
Originally posted by admin@Dec 15 2005, 11:34 PM
Apple!!! Traitor.....consider yourself of Mr Gates' Xmas list :lol:

Quoted post

I hear you Keith, but you get what you pay for hehehehe, honestly it was amazing, Apple is just light years ahead of yahoo video chat...

walesrob
16th December 2005, 06:00
Blimey Pete, you must be on a good wage if you can afford i- this and i-that. :)

ginapeterb
16th December 2005, 09:05
Originally posted by walesrob@Dec 16 2005, 05:00 AM
Blimey Pete, you must be on a good wage if you can afford i- this and i-that. :)

Quoted post

A reasonable living Rob, I wouldnt say...anything other than that, were not talking Bill Gates here hehehehe, but I did invest alot in Apple gear this year, as I had seen the demo of I-chat and its superb, http://www.apple.com/macosx/

MAC OSX Tiger is really superb, but you have to learn to love Apple, it is a bit strange getting used to, after windows, but trust me when I tell you there is life after windows, I purchased the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, and they are just simply amazing, no wires across the desktop, and the IMAC G5 is out of this world in terms of features, I can play music from any part of my lounge, just use the remote, view photo slide shows from anywhere, watch videos, its all remote, have a web cam chat from the lounger, no keyboard, no wires, yep ok it costs money, a Imac G5 20 inch is £1199.00 and the I-sight integrated webcam is £99.00 Keyboard is £39.00 and Mouse is £39.00 soundsticks with woofer is £129.00 thats about £1500.00 for a superb system, but when you see it in your living room, there is nothing like it, there is no mini tower under the desk or hanging around, the DVD/CD Slot drive is just painlessly located on the side of the screen, no flick out drive and then pushing it back in, all controls on your keyboard, or remote, I sound impressed and I am, just use it...and you will see the difference.
Take a look at it...http://www.apple.com/imac/

You have to agree its worth the money,

Pete

Admin
16th December 2005, 10:21
It's strange that after all these years, the next version of Windows out next year will be more Apple like, but without infringing copyright, tells you who got the best marks in class :)

ginapeterb
16th December 2005, 20:45
Originally posted by admin@Dec 16 2005, 09:21 AM
It's strange that after all these years, the next version of Windows out next year will be more Apple like, but without infringing copyright, tells you who got the best marks in class :)

Quoted post

Keith there is more truth in what you have said, than many have realized, during the 70's early 80's when Bill Gates was demonstrating Worstar and windows 3.1 it didnt work, but he managed to convince IBM that it would in six months, they were so frightened that they would loose their market share, that they went along with it, Steve Jobs at Apple, were more interested in the science and the quality at that time, they didnt have the vision that Gates had, but just look at Apples market share in terms of I-pod sales, and its I-tunes, I just downloaded and upgraded to I-tunes 6 and Quicktime 7, look at the difference, boy its good, also, I have the Video I-pod on my wish list, Gina has the I-pod Nano, but I want her to drool when she shows up next year, and I have the I-pod Video, I went to Apple Store in London to see it, and I have to have one, hehehehehe, stop ranting Pete,.....

Admin
16th December 2005, 23:09
Apple are great for document proccessing and such, but they have never kept up with the power if PC's to be able to do video editing the same.

I can render 2 at once on mine, while downloading a torrent, burning a CD, and surfing the Net, all without a flicker, I know that even the latest Apple would melt under that load.

I like the upgradeability of the PC, and I haven't heard when Apple are going to 64bit dual cores yet.

They have very pretty graphics though :)

love8888
17th December 2005, 12:26
Keith said

"The wife thinks the Philippines is a worse place than I do blink.gif Doesn't say much for it does it....prefer toilet paper, those banana leaves are a little rough!!"

Well, I am not thinking that the Phillipines is the worse nor the British as far as I am concerned all countries are good but only the people make it worst.

I still love my counrty and being hospitality of the other Pilipino the only thing I hate most is the TAXI Driver's that they are abusing the foriegners as well as me when we had a hoilday there and even in HongKong we experienced it the chinese driver never gave us our change sometimes it happens in anywhere else place :angry:

Admin
17th December 2005, 16:21
I usually find the words 'Can I have my change please....or I'll break your ****** neck' :D Works a treat..... :unsure:

ginapeterb
17th December 2005, 22:06
Originally posted by love8888@Dec 17 2005, 11:26 AM
Keith said

"The wife thinks the Philippines is a worse place than I do blink.gif Doesn't say much for it does it....prefer toilet paper, those banana leaves are a little rough!!"

Well, I am not thinking that the Phillipines is the worse nor the British as far as I am concerned all countries are good but only the people make it worst.

I still love my counrty and being hospitality of the other Pilipino the only thing I hate most is the TAXI Driver's that they are abusing the foriegners as well as me when we had a hoilday there and even in HongKong we experienced it the chinese driver never gave us our change sometimes it happens in anywhere else place :angry:

Quoted post

Youre right of course Elsa, they rip us all off, youre quite right to love your country, and it has certain good points, there is good and bad everywhere, its a simple fact of "We are rich and they are not" or "its mind over matter, they dont mind and we dont matter" but I would rather have my lifestyle, than theirs, if they rip me off for a few pesos, here and there, who gives a s.....I can afford it..I just laugh at them"

Like the time the taxi driver wouldnt take me and Gina to the Makati Palace, he wanted another 100 pesos, he made such a big fuss about it, like it was life or death or something, I just said to Ginee give him the damn P100 will you, I am hot...tired after a 15 hour flight, I need a shower and a pizza...but that should not deflect us from some of the great people of the Philippines, who are decent law abiding citizens, like most of my adopted family, my cousins, all over the Philippines, who are decent people you made a good point Elsa.

Pete

Admin
18th December 2005, 10:35
Just a pity Elsa is stuck in the Welsh outback, and hasn't seen much of how real Briatin operates......take for a week in Moss Side Rob :lol:

ginapeterb
18th December 2005, 13:02
Originally posted by admin@Dec 18 2005, 09:35 AM
Just a pity Elsa is stuck in the Welsh outback, and hasn't seen much of how real Briatin operates......take for a week in Moss Side Rob :lol:

Quoted post

or to Stockwell South London, or to Stoke Newington North London, or to Tower Hamlets, Docklands, shall I go on ?

Elsa would love Tower Hamlets, but the do have toilet paper

Eljohno
18th December 2005, 14:17
Hi just thought i would add to the subject.I have been to the Philippines twice now which added up to about 13 weeks and i do agree that some things can be annoying like taxi drivers trying to rip you off and shopkeepers when they see that you are white many times put the price up.But i must admit i loved being there and met many wonderful people who i am still in contact with.I am not sure if its the same all over the Philippines but one of the biggest differences i noticed between there and the UK is how the children behave.The many children i met and alot of them were orphans were so well behaved and had a lot of respect for adults and especially older people which i thought was a welcome change considering how badly children here can be.There is a good chance after my wife comes over here and we are here for a while that i will be going back over to the Philippines to live so i suppose if i learn to speak my wifes language i can argue back with the taxi men :)

On another separate note can you tell me how and when is it possible to get a photo put on the website...Thanks

ginapeterb
18th December 2005, 21:51
Originally posted by Eljohno@Dec 18 2005, 01:17 PM
Hi just thought i would add to the subject.I have been to the Philippines twice now which added up to about 13 weeks and i do agree that some things can be annoying like taxi drivers trying to rip you off and shopkeepers when they see that you are white many times put the price up.But i must admit i loved being there and met many wonderful people who i am still in contact with.I am not sure if its the same all over the Philippines but one of the biggest differences i noticed between there and the UK is how the children behave.The many children i met and alot of them were orphans were so well behaved and had a lot of respect for adults and especially older people which i thought was a welcome change considering how badly children here can be.There is a good chance after my wife comes over here and we are here for a while that i will be going back over to the Philippines to live so i suppose if i learn to speak my wifes language i can argue back with the taxi men :)

On another separate note can you tell me how and when is it possible to get a photo put on the website...Thanks

Quoted post

you can go to the gallery, up to the top right hand corner of your screen, above "my controls" and then upload your photos.

Hope that helps

Admin
19th December 2005, 09:49
Did I not make the Gallery thread STICKY? :o :unsure:

I'll do it later then, off to Liverpool today to see my lovely thicko kids. :)

ginapeterb
19th December 2005, 21:45
Originally posted by admin@Dec 19 2005, 08:49 AM
Did I not make the Gallery thread STICKY? :o :unsure:

I'll do it later then, off to Liverpool today to see my lovely thicko kids. :)

Quoted post

I think you did make it a sticky...so whats the problem ? anyway, I had a nice video conference with Gina today, not much happening except she is bored, wants to come home, hahaha, we talked about a range of things, she has gone back to work for a couple of weeks, to keep the boredom rate down, well she might as well, all her freinds work, so if she wants to see them, she might as well work....thats all I have to say about that, as long as my honey is home in Jan, I dont care

Admin
20th December 2005, 11:06
Don't forget to tell her to bring loads of dried fish back to be cooked in vinegar :huh:

Pauldo
21st December 2005, 09:17
Originally posted by admin@Dec 20 2005, 11:06 AM
Don't forget to tell her to bring loads of dried fish back to be cooked in vinegar :huh:

Quoted post

MMMmmmm, sarap :D

I love the smell of a burnt out abbatoir in the kitchen in the morning :D :unsure:

Admin
21st December 2005, 10:00
We're getting an extractor fan fitted in the kitchen in the next few weeks, she can then close the door and wait for all the fumes to be removed before joining me for lunch :lol: