PDA

View Full Version : typhoon yolanda

mendoza82
8th November 2013, 21:56
please help me pray for all filipino people who are affected to the typhoon,particularly people in daanbantayan cebu my hometown,cant help but to worry.havent heard my family since last night.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Terpe
8th November 2013, 22:05
I can't say for sure.......but most reports indicate that Cebu has escaped the worst of the storm.
Our prayers are with your family and all those who have suffered.

Sometimes it's hard for many folks to understand just what it's like to lose absolutely everything with no 'social safety net' to help getting back on your feet.

A lot of power and communications networks have been 'powered down' to minimise risk.
Hope you'll manage to make contact soon.

Stay positive

gWaPito
8th November 2013, 23:14
My Facebook friends from Philippines haven't been online since last night. ..that's folks living in Manila across to Bicol down to Gensan..it's as if all power is off

tone
8th November 2013, 23:21
Listening to the radio this morning and during an interview you could initially hear the wind- sounded awful.
I agree and hope it passes without too much devastation and loss to life.

mendoza82
9th November 2013, 11:14
havent heard from my family until now:bigcry:breaks my heart.i heard in the news my hometown is one of the isolated area.no vehicles can passes through bcoz of all falling trees,debris,no food and electricity..one of my friend in facebook also from daanbantayan but in different barangay,he said only 3 houses remained stand in thier area but roofless..im so sad right now.i dont know whats happening my family.

chrisincebu
9th November 2013, 11:39
My fiance here is also waiting to hear from her Sister and Brother from Malapascua.
There is no power in Bogo and alot of the surrounding area, hopefully you can hear something soon, God Bless.

alesypalsy
9th November 2013, 11:44
Also awaiting news here from biliran leyte, our family there, wifes mum and dad, sisters and the kids/young kids,,

worrying times, no signal for the phone, it looks like leyte has had it really bad, our thoughts and prayers are also with all the people

bhem_bhem
9th November 2013, 11:45
haven't heard from my family as well.. they live in kananga, it's between ormoc and tacloban leyte.. last time i spoke to them was thursday 1am their time. it's really frustrating.. :bigcry:

Michael Parnham
9th November 2013, 12:35
I sincerely hope everyone is ok Bhem bhem, also to any other forum members who cannot contact relatives hope you hear something soon!

mendoza82
9th November 2013, 12:57
haven't heard from my family as well.. they live in kananga, it's between ormoc and tacloban leyte.. last time i spoke to them was thursday 1am their time. it's really frustrating.. :bigcry:
im hoping ang praying that your family are ok coz based on the news covered by mr ted failon how devastated the whole tacloban if u can watch it via tv patrol news.when he describe about the storm surge,it was goosebumps.cant help but to cry:bigcry:i think the video he was cover is in san jose tacloban.

mendoza82
9th November 2013, 13:00
My fiance here is also waiting to hear from her Sister and Brother from Malapascua.
There is no power in Bogo and alot of the surrounding area, hopefully you can hear something soon, God Bless.
my friend said also from malapascua 90 percent are washed out even thier 3 storey house been destroyed,because they just near in the sea.let just hope and pray.

mendoza82
9th November 2013, 13:02
Also awaiting news here from biliran leyte, our family there, wifes mum and dad, sisters and the kids/young kids,,

worrying times, no signal for the phone, it looks like leyte has had it really bad, our thoughts and prayers are also with all the people
yes base on the news leyte is the most affected particularly in tacloban,i hope all your loved ones are all fine.

bhem_bhem
9th November 2013, 13:13
im hoping ang praying that your family are ok coz based on the news covered by mr ted failon how devastated the whole tacloban if u can watch it via tv patrol news.when he describe about the storm surge,it was goosebumps.cant help but to cry:bigcry:i think the video he was cover is in san jose tacloban.

the last time i spoke to my mum, my dad is in tacloban attending a seminar.

if i'm not heavily pregnant, i will go to philippines asap. it's so sad i'm not fit to travel now. :bigcry:

Terpe
9th November 2013, 13:15

Check out this Malapascua Facebook link (https://www.facebook.com/malapascua.island?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline)

The good news is there's no casualties despite a significant amount of storm damage.
Looks like the site gets updated quite often

alesypalsy
9th November 2013, 14:17
Heres one for Biliran also but we are yet to find out any news

https://www.facebook.com/biliranisland

cheekee
9th November 2013, 14:33
My Fiancée lives in central Cebu. Power is back on there now and the worst of the weather seems to have gone now. I'm not sure how much damage there is there.

Hoping you all get in touch with you're loved ones soon.

chrisincebu
10th November 2013, 05:35
Check out this Malapascua Facebook link (https://www.facebook.com/malapascua.island?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline)

The good news is there's no casualties despite a significant amount of storm damage.
Looks like the site gets updated quite often

Good link thanks. Looks like a few more of the resorts are giving the news more frequently now.

Rosie1958
10th November 2013, 12:24
Thinking of you both Mendoza82 and Bhem_Bhem and praying that you hear from your families soon :grouphug:

mendoza82
10th November 2013, 12:34
just finished talking to my brother he just get back to cebu city from our hometown in daanbantayan,very painful,sad how he described our barangay,nothing left,our house is one of the houses stand still but its roofless,the kitchen area and living area gone,all the things gone,no food,water,,clothes and they have to travel to the city to buy food more or less 3 hours travel..very sad cant help but to cry.but still thankful that everyone is safe.my dad said first time ever happened in his existence..:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Michael Parnham
10th November 2013, 12:43
just finished talking to my brother he just get back to cebu city from our hometown in daanbantayan,very painful,sad how he described our barangay,nothing left,our house is one of the houses stand still but its roofless,the kitchen area and living area gone,all the things gone,no food,water,,clothes and they have to travel to the city to buy food more or less 3 hours travel..very sad cant help but to cry.but still thankful that everyone is safe.my dad said first time ever happened in his existence..:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Pleased for you that your family are ok Mendoza!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
10th November 2013, 12:50
Our thoughts are with you all.

Not only that, but surely this Forum is proving helpful in providing updates and links, and as a means for those members who have internet to keep in touch.

Of all its useful functions this must rank among the most important.

Terpe
10th November 2013, 13:47

Very sad, so sorry about the house but very relieved to learn that your family are safe.
Thanks for the update mendoza :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I really understand the feelings when everything is lost and just gone. So many things that can never be replaced. I've experienced it both personally here in UK and quite a few times with the extended family back in the Philippines.

Be strong and give whatever support you can whenever you can.

mendoza82
10th November 2013, 14:29
thank you sir terpe,it just so hard when you know how they are suffering and yet i can do nothing but just to support them with money to buy thier needs.but the feeling that i want to see and hug them that break my heart into pieces..my brother said he wanted to cry when he saw my other siblings and parents who experienced the typhoon,but he hold back coz he knows everyone will cry,what he did he pretend to go to neighbors to see what happened but he just walked away to cry and didnt let my family see.PAINFUL

tiger31
10th November 2013, 14:57
one thing that I hate to see is looting ive just watched hundreds of people walking out of the gasiano with t.v,s alsorts of stuff now you can understand food getting looted but electricals come on thats just dam criminal .I suppose others will say everyone for themselves but its not my opinion thats for sure most people have morals .to see people take advantage during a calamity gives the rest of the world a bad impression of the philippino people its just plain wrong.but then again there own goverments dip their hands into goverment coffers they don,t set a very good example do they ?

steve monty
10th November 2013, 15:02
Mendoza82, I'm glad to your family are safe and well. I hope everyone else receives good news soon and are able together in contact soon.

I hope the relief effort manages to get food and water soon to residents in the affected area. As this tragedy could get worse if this doesn't happen.

steve monty
10th November 2013, 15:17
one thing that I hate to see is looting ive just watched hundreds of people walking out of the gasiano with t.v,s alsorts of stuff now you can understand food getting looted but electricals come on thats just dam criminal .I suppose others will say everyone for themselves but its not my opinion thats for sure most people have morals .to see people take advantage during a calamity gives the rest of the world a bad impression of the philippino people its just plain wrong.but then again there own goverments dip their hands into goverment coffers they don,t set a very good example do they ?

I agree, not a good sight to see. I can understand food and water being looted, but not electrical equipment. Though these people have just lost everything they own, they don't have home insurance to claim these items back. We could buy most of these things in a months pay, whereas they work for years to buy material things which were snatched away from them in 24 hours by this storm. These people are in a desperate situation.

mendoza82
10th November 2013, 15:18
Mendoza82, I'm glad to your family are safe and well. I hope everyone else receives good news soon and are able together in contact soon.

I hope the relief effort manages to get food and water soon to residents in the affected area. As this tragedy could get worse if this doesn't happen.thank you steve..in my area in daanbantayan have no relief goods come yet.

mendoza82
10th November 2013, 15:23
i agree with you,i dont know maybe people are so desperate after what happened some lose members of the family,houses,everything actually,but then again lotting is not the answer.in my hometown no casualties thanks god to that but the damage in tacloban same as our town people there beg for rice,money,clothes BUT not lotting

mendoza82
10th November 2013, 15:25
Looting i mean

Terpe
10th November 2013, 17:21

Totally understand and agree Brian. It's upsetting to see. It's not a cultural thing it's human nature. It happens everywhere.
Although I never heard of it happening in Japan at anytime.

Beats me what they're going to do with a tv......where they going to put it?

Criminality never ends....even in the face of such human devastation.

gWaPito
10th November 2013, 19:46

Hi Mendoza. ..so sorry to read of your family's predicament but the main thing is they are alive and you have a strong brother holding fort. That must comforting with the thought of that.
I never forgot your kindness when I was spilling out my troubles.
You had my prayers the night you started this thread. ...In fact it was for the proud nation of The Philippines.
I'll be so glad when this typhoon season is over. ..there's another 6 or 7 weeks of it to go.

chrisincebu
12th November 2013, 11:29

Glad to hear you got contact!