PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo?

SimonH
8th November 2013, 10:46
Not really sure how I should be feeling :Erm:

My much better half showed me a little digital stick with 'positive +3' on it, yep she's pregnant. I know I should be over the moon but I really don't think it has sunk in yet and I don't want to get my hopes up without a proper confirmation (these tests aren't 100% accurate).
I haven't told anyone yet so you lot are the first to know. The thing is, having not had any children before, is this normal :cwm25:
Should I be jumping up and down and telling the world the fantastic news, or is it normal to be more pragmatic and have the attitude of lets not get our hopes up just yet and wait till the scan gives us a definitive answer :Erm:
I'm feeling like a :censored: at the moment for not jumping with joy when she told me, but instead saying that's great news, but let's wait till it's confirmed, not the reaction she wanted :doh

grahamw48
8th November 2013, 12:00
Assuming the good news does turn out to be good news...congratulations to you both ! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

I can only say that before the birth of my son, I wasn't bothered about being a dad really, but since that day, he has brought me nothing but joy. :smile:

Arthur Little
8th November 2013, 12:04
:woohoo: ... Advance congratulations! Is it really that simple, Simon?

Michael Parnham
8th November 2013, 12:26
When the tummy becomes bigger, I think you can be more certain then Simon, good luck:baby1::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bhem_bhem
8th November 2013, 12:39
Congrats simon..:smile::xxgrinning--00xx3: same reaction when i told my hubby i'm pregnant.. i was over the moon while my hubby looks :Erm:, he doesn't know how to react.. made me :icon_lol: when he asked me if he should jump for joy.. i think it just started to sink in when he saw the scan.. :smile:

Terpe
8th November 2013, 12:49
Advance congrats to both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Children do bring joy and life changing perspectives

SimonH
8th November 2013, 12:55
Thanks all, keeping fingers crossed now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
8th November 2013, 12:55
Assuming the good news does turn out to be good news...congratulations to you both ! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

I can only say that before the birth of my son, I wasn't bothered about being a dad really, but since that day, he has brought me nothing but joy. :smile:

Thanks Graham, I've no doubt this will be the case :biggrin:

SimonH
8th November 2013, 12:58
congrats simon..:smile::xxgrinning--00xx3: same reaction when i told my hubby i'm pregnant.. i was over the moon while my hubby looks :Erm:, he doesn't know how to react.. made me :icon_lol: when he asked me if he should jump for joy.. i think it just started to sink in when he saw the scan.. :smile:

I think this will be the same with me, at the moment it's just some digital read out, but once I see a scan I'm sure reality will strike :smile:

bhem_bhem
8th November 2013, 13:04
I think this will be the same with me, at the moment it's just some digital read out, but once I see a scan I'm sure reality will strike :smile:

yeah,, especially when u hear the heart beats..:smile:

Dedworth
8th November 2013, 13:49

Well done, looks like both sets of equipment are working :smile:

cheekee
8th November 2013, 17:32
Many congratulations to you :)

sars_notd_virus
8th November 2013, 18:06
Congratulations to both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
8th November 2013, 18:36
Congrats, we men just carry on as norm, its the stiff upper lip thing i am sure

Doc Alan
8th November 2013, 18:41
Congratulations to you both :Hellooo: ! If a pregnancy test has been properly carried out, a positive result is almost certainly correct ( and no need for fertility test ! ).

As you say, the next step will be for your “ better half “ to contact her GP or a midwife to start her antenatal care. Best wishes for the future :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

bigmarco
8th November 2013, 19:22
Congratulations to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
8th November 2013, 22:38
Is it really that simple, Simon?

:cwm25: ... placing reliance upon the accuracy - or (God forbid!) otherwise - of self~testing kits, I meant.

Rosie1958
8th November 2013, 23:40
Many congratulations, you are probably in shock at the moment so please don't worry. :xxgrinning--00xx3: When my ex husband and I found out about my pregnancy, we were both so shocked, we went out of the house together and forgot where we were going so had to return home! :doh :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Being a parent is VERY rewarding and a gift that some are never able to experience, I hope everything goes well for you both

gWaPito
9th November 2013, 00:16
Congratulations Simon. .brilliant! !....when we did the test together, watching it turn positive we both cried with happiness. It's the best feeling. Enjoy the peace. .In 9 months your lives will change forever. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
9th November 2013, 03:30
Congratulations to you and your better half :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your initial reaction seems perfectly normal. At least you didn't say 'how much is this going to cost me' :biggrin:

gWaPito
9th November 2013, 03:37
Congratulations to you and your better half :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your initial reaction seems perfectly normal. At least you didn't say 'how much is this going to cost me' :biggrin:

Although he may of thought it :icon_lol:

Good to see you back Jake :xxgrinning--00xx3: Would be nice if Brian and Fred could join you soon as well

jake
9th November 2013, 05:58
Although he may of thought it :icon_lol:

Shh :icon_lol:

Thanks Mark :xxgrinning--00xx3: I am sure Brian and Fred will join us again soon.