any cheap flights to manila going out dec and back jan,
who do you use too

bigmarco
8th November 2013, 00:02
Try Skyscanner Steve

http://www.skyscanner.net/

grahamw48
8th November 2013, 00:08
I'm looking too, but more for January, when it's a bit cheaper.

China Southern seems dead cheap, but takes forever, and the reviews are horrendous ! :yikes:

Qatar don't seem too bad either.

I like to fly from Manchester.

Michael Parnham
8th November 2013, 08:18
Walking past Thomas Cook yesterday and noticed flights to Manila £617, went inside and enquired, flights from Manchester with Etihad Available from this month up to next June on certain dates. Hope its of use to someone!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
8th November 2013, 09:10
Try Skyscanner Steve

http://www.skyscanner.net/

I always use skyscanner and then compare with Kayak. The good thing about these sites is you can put in a whole month as a departure date and compare day by day prices.

andy222
8th November 2013, 10:07
why not try Philippines airlines direct. http://www1.philippineairlines.com/

grahamw48
8th November 2013, 10:32
Walking past Thomas Cook yesterday and noticed flights to Manila £617, went inside and enquired, flights from Manchester with Etihad Available from this month up to next June on certain dates. Hope its of use to someone!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll pop in there sometime. I used them (and Etihad) last year. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have Skyscanner giving me daily updates by email too.

Got my finger on the travel trigger now. :603785:

sars_notd_virus
8th November 2013, 18:42
try
http://www.opodo.com/

chino
8th November 2013, 21:17
joined a private group on facebook and they seem to have lots of offered with World connect travel or something like that... their number is 01765 535015... worth a go.. lots of flights for £500 ish

John.C
9th November 2013, 13:52
I'm looking too, but more for January, when it's a bit cheaper.

China Southern seems dead cheap, but takes forever, and the reviews are horrendous ! :yikes:

Qatar don't seem too bad either.

I like to fly from Manchester.

2 years ago my girlfriend was returning to the UK after her holiday in the Philippines. Her internal flight to Manila was delayed. I rang China Southern to have her flight from Manila to Manchester changed to a later flight. The conversation went something like this.

Me: I want to change this flight to a later one.

China Southern: You can't do that.

Me: Why not?

China Southern: Because you bought a very cheap ticket (£800 return). It can not be transferred.

Me: The travel agent who sold me the ticket says the flight can be changed. There is nothing to indicate otherwise.

China Southern. The flight cannot be changed. You have to buy another ticket.

Me: She does not have the money to buy another ticket. Are you telling me that she has to stay in the Philippines forever because you won't change the flight?

China Southern. You have to buy another ticket. Goodbye.

I had to buy another single ticket for the next flight. The cost was so painful that my brain has erased the memory.

Forum members Beware. :mad:

grahamw48
9th November 2013, 14:59
Thanks for the info' John. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What a set of :censored:s....and hardly a cheap ticket anyway. :NoNo:

I always read the reviews now. China Airways ones are rubbish too.

I'll pay the extra...although against my religion :biggrin:, and probably go with Qatar or Etihad. :smile:

Michael Parnham
9th November 2013, 15:06
Remember the video about dogs in china, wouldn't give them a penny of my money Graham!:NoNo:

irishman12
9th November 2013, 15:22
2 years ago my girlfriend was returning to the UK after her holiday in the Philippines. Her internal flight to Manila was delayed. I rang China Southern to have her flight from Manila to Manchester changed to a later flight. The conversation went something like this.

Me: I want to change this flight to a later one.

China Southern: You can't do that.

Me: Why not?

China Southern: Because you bought a very cheap ticket (£800 return). It can not be transferred.

Me: The travel agent who sold me the ticket says the flight can be changed. There is nothing to indicate otherwise.

China Southern. The flight cannot be changed. You have to buy another ticket.

Me: She does not have the money to buy another ticket. Are you telling me that she has to stay in the Philippines forever because you won't change the flight?

China Southern. You have to buy another ticket. Goodbye.

I had to buy another single ticket for the next flight. The cost was so painful that my brain has erased the memory.

Forum members Beware. :mad:

john -did you get in touch with he travel agent where you bought the ticket ?did you have travel insurance?

John.C
9th November 2013, 15:53
john -did you get in touch with he travel agent where you bought the ticket ?did you have travel insurance?

There was no travel insurance.
I spoke to the travel agent.
The travel agent said to me. "They can change the flight if they want to"
I said: Yes - but they don't want to. In fact they are insisting that they won't do anything. And there is a young woman stranded in Manila.

I think she found the travel agent in a tiny ad near the back of a tabloid newspaper.
Since then, I am always asking who are we dealing with and exactly who are they.

John.C
9th November 2013, 16:15
I agree with Graham about paying a bit more. In fact if it were just up to me I would only deal with a "high street" travel agent or at least a website which is part of a respectable organisation.

grahamw48
9th November 2013, 16:48
Well last year I just went along to Thomas Cook John.

They were no dearer than the online people I've never heard of. :smile:

stevewool
9th November 2013, 16:51
my first flight to the phils was with thomas cook, £615

grahamw48
9th November 2013, 16:55
£580 last year with them and Etihad Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm hoping for around the 600 mark this time...or less. :Erm:

stevewool
9th November 2013, 17:01
just called them the cheapest they say is £863 for flying out dec30 back jan 17 thats to much money

grahamw48
9th November 2013, 17:09
You need to go in there and make them earn their money Steve. Also they'll go through all the options with you. :smile:

Try STA travel too. We have one at York Uni, as well as in town....and of course they're online now also.

RickyR
9th November 2013, 17:36
You will find that Qatar, Etihad and Emirates offer some level of flexibility on most of their flights.
It is so important to read the 'fare rules' before buying a ticket. I won't buy a ticket unless it is changeable, even for a fee. Although I don't mind if it isn't cancelable.

irishman12
9th November 2013, 20:51
best found on skyscanner from london for those dates is 686 -flying with air china , i checked thomas cook and it said there were no direct flights between those airports:Erm:

stevewool
9th November 2013, 21:00
skyscanner is for me the best way to start looking , , i think we are of to dubai for a few weeks , but who knows ??? been all over the world so far looking

RickyR
10th November 2013, 07:22
Come and stay with us in Oman for a few days if you make it to Dubai Steve, only 45 mins on the plane or a few hours drive. Beaches, culture and mountains :-)

Michael Parnham
10th November 2013, 07:40
Come and stay with us in Oman for a few days if you make it to Dubai Steve, only 45 mins on the plane or a few hours drive. Beaches, culture and mountains :-)

Nice of you to offer Ricky!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
10th November 2013, 08:42
Nice of you to offer Ricky!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The same offer goes out to most of the regular members on here, we have a guest room ready and always good to meet people from the site.

SimonH
10th November 2013, 09:34
skyscanner is for me the best way to start looking , , i think we are of to dubai for a few weeks , but who knows ??? been all over the world so far looking

If you're flying with Emirates and you haven't already signed up to their skywards frequent flyer programme then let me know and you'll get bonus miles if I recommend you :xxgrinning--00xx3: