PDA

View Full Version : VAF2 Form, advice pls

rands
6th December 2005, 16:57
Hey guys,

1. What is the best way to answer this, taken from VAF2 6.14-- DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN UK?

Yes it is a straightforward question on the form but how to best answer this without giving ECOs a doubt that one only intends to work rather than marrying a fiance. What is the safest way do you think, is it yes or no???

2. My fiance and i met on internet and we personally met too...how should i answer the following:

When did you first meet your sponsor?

-is it the date when we first met online or personally? If i take the latter, it will turn out that the length of the relationship will be short... will there be any problem with that?

When did your relationship begin?

-Our relationship began online so should i say it is or should i put when we met personally?

Where did your relationship begin?

Hoping for your advice and support. Many thanks!!!

Rands

ginapeterb
6th December 2005, 20:50
Originally posted by rands@Dec 6 2005, 03:57 PM
Hey guys,

1. What is the best way to answer this, taken from VAF2 6.14-- DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN UK?

Yes it is a straightforward question on the form but how to best answer this without giving ECOs a doubt that one only intends to work rather than marrying a fiance. What is the safest way do you think, is it yes or no???

2. My fiance and i met on internet and we personally met too...how should i answer the following:

When did you first meet your sponsor?

-is it the date when we first met online or personally? If i take the latter, it will turn out that the length of the relationship will be short... will there be any problem with that?

When did your relationship begin?

-Our relationship began online so should i say it is or should i put when we met personally?

Where did your relationship begin?

Hoping for your advice and support. Many thanks!!!

Rands

Quoted post

Rands,

The question should be answered as a resounding'NO' Since your fiancee' is not allowed to work on a 6mth fiancee visa, I thought we have always made this clear on this forum, and I seem to recall having answered this to a Filipina recently who e mailed me, is it your fiancee ?

Secondly, the relationship would have began around the time you first made contact via internet, the first meeting is the time when you first met of course.

The question is a red herring to see whether the Filipina applicant is attempting to gain entry to the UK for the purposes of working, and since the sponsor is required to supply evidence of his ability to support the applicant, the question has no value other than to catch out, economic migrants, who should be applying for work visas, and not relationship visas.

I hope that helps, your fiancee may apply to adjust status to 24 Mths further leave to remain once the marriage has taken place, then she will be eligible to take up paid employment in the UK.

Pete

Admin
7th December 2005, 09:48
Obviosuly NO, as Pete says......anyway, she'll be too busy cleaning, decorating & rebuilding the house to begin with :lol:

rands
7th December 2005, 14:54
Hello Pete & Keith,

Thanks for this info. About this question if it was my fiancee who emailed, no, it was not. Probably coincidental.

Considering your answers to my questions, I will then aswer the question, where the relationship began? So i should say, "internet"? or the place where we personally met?

I am sorry for asking many questions and clarifications. I just need to make sure all are well answered.

Thank you!

Rands

ginapeterb
7th December 2005, 16:28
Originally posted by rands@Dec 7 2005, 01:54 PM
Hello Pete & Keith,

Thanks for this info. About this question if it was my fiancee who emailed, no, it was not. Probably coincidental.

Considering your answers to my questions, I will then aswer the question, where the relationship began? So i should say, "internet"? or the place where we personally met?

I am sorry for asking many questions and clarifications. I just need to make sure all are well answered.

Thank you!

Rands

Quoted post

ok Rands, no problem with this one, the question "Where did you relationship begin ?" assumes that you personally met the applicant and started a relationship, in your case and mine and many others, you simply would state

"via freindster, yahoo chatroom, FH or AE or other site" dont worry too much about Internet meetings, its common now, and they expect it, they do have a a slight downer on internet based meetings, but as long as you have met the applicant at least once, its not a major issue, they just tend to comment on it, in their summing up, when granting a visa, you should not be handicapped by it.

Simply be truthful about where you met the applicant, if it was on Yahoo chat, or Filipinaheart.com or some other site, be truthful about it.

Pete

Admin
7th December 2005, 22:43
As long as it wasn't www.filipinoanalvirgins.com :o I wouldn't mention that :rolleyes:

rands
16th December 2005, 14:34
Hi Pete, Keith, Rob, Paul and all!

Advance merry Christmas to all!!! I hope you enjoy this season with your loved ones!!! :)

Something slipped into my mind one time, a possible question that i need some clarification of. My fiance has an existing immigration application in Australia. It is now ongoing. It was filed before we met. I am thinking that if there would be question for her by the ECO like, DID YOU EVER APPLY TO SETTLE OR IMMIGRATE IN OTHER COUNTRY BEFORE?

It gives me the idea that if she would be honest to say yes, it might go against her giving the ECO the idea to doubt her intention. If she says NO, which i think would be ok so as not to complicate the questioning and explanation, i am worried that they might have done background investigation with other embassies and they may have knowledge about her application in Australia. Do you, guys, think that is even taken or done by the embassy?

Thanks for yor help in advance!

Rands

ginapeterb
16th December 2005, 20:50
Originally posted by rands@Dec 16 2005, 01:34 PM
Hi Pete, Keith, Rob, Paul and all!

Advance merry Christmas to all!!! I hope you enjoy this season with your loved ones!!! :)

Something slipped into my mind one time, a possible question that i need some clarification of. My fiance has an existing immigration application in Australia. It is now ongoing. It was filed before we met. I am thinking that if there would be question for her by the ECO like, DID YOU EVER APPLY TO SETTLE OR IMMIGRATE IN OTHER COUNTRY BEFORE?

It gives me the idea that if she would be honest to say yes, it might go against her giving the ECO the idea to doubt her intention. If she says NO, which i think would be ok so as not to complicate the questioning and explanation, i am worried that they might have done background investigation with other embassies and they may have knowledge about her application in Australia. Do you, guys, think that is even taken or done by the embassy?

Thanks for yor help in advance!

Rands

Quoted post

You need to tell us more about this Rands for an opinion, you are quite right of course, why would your fiancee have an ongoing application with the Australian Embassy, what is that regarding ? its not for a fiancee visa with them is it ? probably not, but she would need answer on the VAF2 that this is her first application, and that she has not applied for a visa to go to any other country, you need to sort that out quick, or get her to terminate that application, or it might be picked up ?? let us know what that is about before we can give an opinion, but reading between the lines, I presume its not for a fiancee visa ???

rands
17th December 2005, 15:39
Hi Pete,

Her application to Australia is skilled worker type, not related with fiance visa. It is completely different. There are two thoughts lurking into my mind. It could be thought of as an intention to simply go out of her country or on a positive side, it could show she is not desperate to go to the UK. OMG, i don't know what to think hahaha

Anyway, what do you, guys, think about it?

THanks!

Rands

ginapeterb
17th December 2005, 22:09
Originally posted by rands@Dec 17 2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Pete,

Her application to Australia is skilled worker type, not related with fiance visa. It is completely different. There are two thoughts lurking into my mind. It could be thought of as an intention to simply go out of her country or on a positive side, it could show she is not desperate to go to the UK. OMG, i don't know what to think hahaha

Anyway, what do you, guys, think about it?

THanks!

Rands

Quoted post

I see your point, however I would dump it, if I were you, if your fiancee is asked on the form, is she applying for a visa with another Embassy, I think it does mention something like that, I would tell her to put NO.

They wont check it anyway, but as you say if its for a skilled worker, then it shouldnt impact on her application, but I can see why you might be concerned, thats good, best to check all these things out, but I wouldnt give it any weight if I were you.

Ignore it.

Pete

rands
22nd December 2005, 04:54
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Dec 17 2005, 10:09 PM
I see your point, however I would dump it, if I were you, if your fiancee is asked on the form, is she applying for a visa with another Embassy, I think it does mention something like that, I would tell her to put NO.

They wont check it anyway, but as you say if its for a skilled worker, then it shouldnt impact on her application, but I can see why you might be concerned, thats good, best to check all these things out, but I wouldnt give it any weight if I were you.

Ignore it.

Pete

Quoted post

Hi Pete,

Merry Christmas to you and Gina!!! Thanks for your advice.

Rands :)

Mrs Daddy
25th September 2006, 10:21
hi pete,
wat abt same question of rands,1. What is the best way to answer this, taken from VAF2 6.14-- DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN UK?
but applying as a spouse visa.
need help pls.tnx

IainBusby
25th September 2006, 11:04
Oops

Mrs Daddy
25th September 2006, 11:12
iain,
i was expecting for an info from you:bigcry:

jhaz
8th October 2006, 07:40
hello Peter!
David told me about this site that if ever i have question regarding my Visa just log on to this site and ask help to this people. My husband David know u cause he always ask u some advises regarding Visa and other matters. By the way we just married last September 24, 2006. So we were already preparing the requirements for my visa.
I have question regarding the documents were supposed to submit. Like for instance my passport, marriage certificate from NSO and other docs. do i need to authenticate it b4 submitting it to the embassy because they are photo copy? and i know that this is very important docs.

Another Peter..
VAF2 6.14 Do u intend to work in UK but as spouse VISA? I was trying to look for an answer to wheeladano's question but unfortunately i cant find ur answer. i hope u can help me to this matter.
Thank u in advance Peter!

jasmine

Jay&Zobel
8th October 2006, 14:00
I have question regarding the documents were supposed to submit. Like for instance my passport, marriage certificate from NSO and other docs. do i need to authenticate it b4 submitting it to the embassy because they are photo copy? and i know that this is very important docs.

PHOTOCOPY IS OK.. AUTHENTICATED COPY NOT NECESSARY

VAF2 6.14 Do u intend to work in UK but as spouse VISA? I was trying to look for an answer to wheeladano's question but unfortunately i cant find ur

jasmine

I PUT YES (I STATED MY QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK OFFERINGS IN UK)
i also enclosed my transcript of records, h/s & college diploma & other certificates of employment and STATEMENT OF WORK OFFERINGS in the UK

hope this will help

zobel

jhaz
18th October 2006, 10:56
Thank u very much Zobel for that informative statement u share. I'll just follow what u say. Actually b4, i was really confused and worried on what will i do to this docs coz i dont have knowledge on this thing and specially that this will be submitted to the Embassy and i want that all my papers will be ok.

Again thank u so much!:)

jasmine

IainBusby
18th October 2006, 16:12
iain,
i was expecting for an info from you:bigcry:

If it's a spousal visa then its ok, you can say "yes" because you are allowed to work.
Iain.

ginapeterb
18th October 2006, 20:08
hello Peter!
David told me about this site that if ever i have question regarding my Visa just log on to this site and ask help to this people. My husband David know u cause he always ask u some advises regarding Visa and other matters. By the way we just married last September 24, 2006. So we were already preparing the requirements for my visa.

Another Peter..
VAF2 6.14 Do u intend to work in UK but as spouse VISA? I was trying to look for an answer to wheeladano's question but unfortunately i cant find ur answer. i hope u can help me to this matter.
Thank u in advance Peter!

jasmine

Jhaz

Yes David has spoken to me, congratulations on your recent marriage, David mentioned about your visa application, as far as your NSO Marriage certified contract is concerned, the British Embassy will not accept a photo copy so there is little point in having a photocopy certified, you should really wait until the NSO in QC sends back your NSO Contract, once having received it, hang on to it, its an important document which cannot easily be replaced without aggravation.

If you intend to work in the UK, thats fine, answer in the affirmative, and be truthful, the visa you will be issued with is for 24 months, so there is no reason in my mind why you cannot state truthfully that you intend to work.

Hope that helps.

Peter

KeithD
18th October 2006, 20:39
Why is no one giving Pete REP for his excellent helpful posts? We do it for free you know!!!

REP: Scales Icon....top right of post :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jhaz
20th October 2006, 12:58
Good day Peter!
Thank u very much for the information u give to me. I know its not only for my benefit but also for others who still dont know what to do. Im still waiting for my Marriage Certificate in Manila and they said that i can get it next week. Anyway, again thank u very much Peter.

God Bless to u and Gina!

jasmine