PDA

View Full Version : Emirates negotiates big deal with Boeing

Terpe
28th October 2013, 19:28
http://static.rappler.com/images/Emirates%20aircraft.jpg
The fast-growing airline needed between 100-175 aircraft of the 777x type

Emirates Airline is negotiating over a potentially "substantive" order for US Boeing's B777 new-generation airliner, the airline's chief executive Tim Clark said on Monday, October 28.

Clark told the Financial Times newspaper: "We are in a relatively advanced stage of commercial negotiations... I think whatever happens there will be a substantive order for the new 777."

The newspaper estimated that the fast-growing airline needed between 100-175 aircraft of the 777x type which would represent an order exceeding $30 billion (21.7 billion euros).

The 777x is to replace the current Boeing 777 model

Source:-
http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/171-aviation-tourism/42401-emirates-negotiates-big-deal-with-boeing-airline

Michael Parnham
28th October 2013, 20:58
Beautiful aircraft Peter!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
28th October 2013, 21:04
Flew on a 777-300ER on my way out this year, then flew back on the 380. Have to say I prefer the configuration on the 777-300 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
28th October 2013, 21:06
Thanks for sharing this information, Terpe. Emirates are my favourite airline at the moment, especially since receiving a free upgrade to business class (without even asking) on our way to Maldives this year! :Jump: I'm a big fan and look forward to flying in their new aircraft :airline:

SimonH
28th October 2013, 21:16
http://filipinaroses.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

The only advantage the 380 has over the 777

Terpe
28th October 2013, 21:39
Flew on a 777-300ER on my way out this year, then flew back on the 380. Have to say I prefer the configuration on the 777-300 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Funny how we can have different views on our flying experiences Simon.

We actually prefered the A380-800. We selected a pair of seats on the upper deck and found them to be roomy and comfortable.
The service was brilliant as economy section upstairs is quite small.
The 2 x 4 x 2 seating configuation appeals to us as it seems more private than the 3 x 4 x 3 configuation.
We'd definitely choose that again. Would even pay a little extra too.

We've been on the 777-300 with premium 2 x 4 x 2 seating configuation, but couldn't get the seat for two reasons, one is there's very few of them and secondly they're costed at a too significant premium

I know the actually economy seating space is probably the same but being on the upper deck with just a pair of seats seemed more spacious.

Just my opinion :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th October 2013, 21:45
Thanks for sharing this information, Terpe. Emirates are my favourite airline at the moment, especially since receiving a free upgrade to business class (without even asking) on our way to Maldives this year! :Jump: I'm a big fan and look forward to flying in their new aircraft :airline:

It's always nice to get upgraded :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You must have a very special smile :wink:

Been offered an upgrade on a couple of flights but didn't include my wife so declined.

We often get upgraded on European flights and my wife loves that and is very quick to order a couple of bottles of champers. :icon_lol: