PDA

View Full Version : The Indian Grand Prix

Terpe
27th October 2013, 19:25
Well...credit where credit's due I suppose.

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel who wins a fourth F1 title.

He did make a good drive...sometimes too good. Gets me wondering how good he really is or are the rest just mediocre. I refer to a man / machine combination of course. Vettel does have a car that's streets ahead of others.

Yes, I know.....just can't take to him ..

So he now joins the 'hall of Fame' with the likes of Fangio, Prost and Schumacher as the only drivers in history to have won four F1 titles

Anyone to take him on next year ?.............pleeeeease

That's all folks..

tone
27th October 2013, 19:41
I hear for next year the new engines may prove to make RBR's cars a little mediocre.
But until the season starts we don't really have too much evidence.
Vettel did well, 4 times in a row proves beyond doubt he knows what he's doing and congrats to him.
Thought after the initial 10 laps it got somewhat dull again though..

grahamw48
27th October 2013, 19:45
Yes, he does seem to be in a class of his own...and so young still.

I think the racing has been pretty good this season though, what with the up and coming new teams mixing it with the established ones. It has the made for a lot of exciting tussles further down the order, and produced races that haven't been quite as processional.

Next years new rules and car specifications will be really interesting.

Nice to see that Britain still has one 'industry' that is world-leading and something that we can be justifiably proud of. :xxgrinning--00xx3: (Particularly people from the Northants area :biggrin:).

Terpe
27th October 2013, 20:00
....Nice to see that Britain still has one 'industry' that is world-leading and something that we can be justifiably proud of. :xxgrinning--00xx3: (Particularly people from the Northants area :biggrin:).

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The newest Uni -
The Silverstone University Technical College (http://www.silverstone.co.uk/about/education/silverstone-utc/)

Hugely oversubscribed

grahamw48
27th October 2013, 20:18
Wow ! Fantastic ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th October 2013, 20:24
Personally I think it's a really great education concept to offer such courses for 14-19 year olds.
It's something that needs to be spread around the country

grahamw48
27th October 2013, 21:06
Absolutely. There are so many 21st century skills involved. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
28th October 2013, 13:04
I love F1 when it's competitive, but the second half of the season has gone back to boring again, and a lot of the races are decided on tyres, rather than driver and car. What was the point in India to use tyres that lasted a maximum of 5 laps? :crazy: Where is the common sense? :doh

I still prefer Indycar. This season we had the constant battle between Power and Dixon, kind of like the Senna v Mansell days. The season championship also went down to the last few laps in the last race. :biggrin:

Plus you get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjA8k5WeGk

Luckily Franchitti was fine, and his shattered ankle and broken spine will be heeled in time for 2014.

Terpe
28th October 2013, 14:28
....Luckily Franchitti was fine, and his shattered ankle and broken spine will be heeled in time for 2014.

Very lucky I'd have thought seeing that......
Did they have a safety car process just like F1 ?

KeithD
28th October 2013, 14:42
F1 got the safety car idea from Indycar :wink:

Terpe
28th October 2013, 14:55
F1 got the safety car idea from Indycar :wink:

Ah... thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
28th October 2013, 16:42
Nearest I can get to it is on the Xbox now. :cwm3:

I recently sorted myself an online profile out (instead of using my son's), but it means I have to go through the whole career thing again...which is a long-winded bind :NoNo:, until I can get some decent cars to race online with. Not doing too bad so far...

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7464/hbip.jpg

Arthur Little
28th October 2013, 17:48
So he now joins the 'hall of Fame' with the likes of Fangio, Prost and Schumacher as the only drivers in history to have won four F1 titles

So ... :cwm24: ... what d'schumake'r that?

KeithD
28th October 2013, 18:52
So ... :cwm24: ... what d'schumake'r that?

The driver in that crash in the video above is Scottish :Hellooo: ... with an Italian name :Erm: