PDA

View Full Version : The end of Summer Time !

Doc Alan
26th October 2013, 07:38
Remember clocks will go back by one hour on Sunday 27 October ( at 2 am ) marking the end of British Summer Time :bigcry: as the UK reverts to Greenwich Mean Time.

It means slightly lighter mornings for a while, but darkness falls earlier in the afternoon … and Philippines time will be 8 hours ahead of ours :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

stevewool
26th October 2013, 07:45
8 hours ahead i use to hate that time , waiting to finish work and rushing home to try and talk to Ems before she went to bed, but thats a distant memory now,

Rosie1958
26th October 2013, 07:54
Thanks for the reminder, Doc Alan! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
26th October 2013, 08:38
No idea why we still do this-I would rather leave it as it is myself:smile:

stevewool
26th October 2013, 08:58
yes it should stop now, you wait till sunday night when all the cars that has not used there lights for months , they find there is only one working :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

les_taxi
26th October 2013, 09:10
Funnily enough that's so true and I had to get a new bulb fitted yesterday :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
26th October 2013, 09:48
Just found some useful information about the clocks going back from our local Police Constabulary that I'd like to share:-

"With the clocks going back this weekend, burglary is a crime which tends to increase so we are reminding you to take security precautions as the evenings draw in. Burglary is mostly an opportunist offence so you can remove temptation by keeping possessions out of sight and making your home look like someone's in. Security alarms and lights can be a worthwhile investment to deter offenders and could save you a lot of time and inconvenience in the long run.

These simple steps can help keep homes and the possessions they contain more secure.

*Invest in a security light and alarm to deter burglars. Burglar alarms are shown to be the number one deterrent.

*Use a timer switch for lights when you are not in so your home looks occupied.

*Make sure you lock your front and back doors and secure all windows, including upstairs, before leaving.

*Beware of bogus callers. If somebody knocks at your door, be wary. Most utility companies do not cold call. Ask to see photo ID and call the company for confirmation. Genuine callers do not mind calling back another time or for you to make an arranged appointment with the company.

For more information about security contact your local community safety team on 101 or visit the force website."

stevewool
26th October 2013, 09:57
Just found some useful information about the clocks going back from our local Police Constabulary that I'd like to share:-

"With the clocks going back this weekend, burglary is a crime which tends to increase so we are reminding you to take security precautions as the evenings draw in. Burglary is mostly an opportunist offence so you can remove temptation by keeping possessions out of sight and making your home look like someone's in. Security alarms and lights can be a worthwhile investment to deter offenders and could save you a lot of time and inconvenience in the long run.

These simple steps can help keep homes and the possessions they contain more secure.

*Invest in a security light and alarm to deter burglars. Burglar alarms are shown to be the number one deterrent.

*Use a timer switch for lights when you are not in so your home looks occupied.

*Make sure you lock your front and back doors and secure all windows, including upstairs, before leaving.

*Beware of bogus callers. If somebody knocks at your door, be wary. Most utility companies do not cold call. Ask to see photo ID and call the company for confirmation. Genuine callers do not mind calling back another time or for you to make an arranged appointment with the company.

For more information about security contact your local community safety team on 101 or visit the force website."

all great advice , also a big dog helps too

SimonH
26th October 2013, 10:10
You called :wink:

stevewool
26th October 2013, 10:14
You called :wink:

now thats a big dog

Arthur Little
26th October 2013, 11:00
Remember clocks will go back by one hour on Sunday 27 October ( at 2 am ) marking the end of British Summer Time :bigcry: as the UK reverts to Greenwich Mean Time.

It means slightly lighter mornings for a while, but darkness falls earlier in the afternoon … and Philippines time will be 8 hours ahead of ours :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

Timely alert, ... Alan ... thanks for posting it here. :xxgrinning--00xx3: