PDA

View Full Version : Filipino tele-novelas

babytoad
23rd October 2013, 22:19
Hi there

I am a newbie to this site but have found it to be useful for a lot of things. Also, being a Malaysian, it kinda reminds me of home too, reading the threads.

I am from Sabah and used to watch on Malaysian TV all the tele-novelas (with subtitles). I have been trying to get DVDs of good series or movies here but alas, not an easy thing to do. Tried youtube as well, but kinda hard when it doesnt come with subtitles. However, I do have to add that the last movie I managed to watch on youtube has subtitles! and it was magnificent - aptly termed as the movie was called "Magnifico". Brilliant watch!

Can anyone recommend a site where I can safely watch tele-novelas or movies online? Salamat.

Michael Parnham
23rd October 2013, 23:11
Hello Babytoad, welcome to the forum, you need to type in 'Pinoy Tambayan' or 'Pinoy Channel' and its safe, hope this helps and happy viewing! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
24th October 2013, 00:15
Hi Babytoad, welcome to the forum. I've been to Sabah ...... Kota Kinabalu, I hope that you find what you are looking for :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bauble
24th October 2013, 16:28
Try pinoytube

babytoad
24th October 2013, 18:26
Great Michael! Thanks! will try that.

Regards
Serena

babytoad
24th October 2013, 18:28
Hi Rosie1958

Thanks for the welcome.

It is so good to meet someone who has been to KK.Did you enjoy your trip? We plan to visit home next year:smile:

babytoad
24th October 2013, 18:29
thanks, will do that.

Rosie1958
24th October 2013, 23:09
Hi Rosie1958

Thanks for the welcome.

It is so good to meet someone who has been to KK.Did you enjoy your trip? We plan to visit home next year:smile:

Hi babytoad, yes we really enjoyed our holiday in KK, it was an amazing trip! The scenery was so lush and we were lucky to see some orang-utans. We also had a wonderful view of KK and surrounding area from a helicopter and would love to go back again one day. The only aspect we didn't enjoy was being bitten so much by mosquito, despite wearing protection, but that's life near a rain forest! Lovely country :xxgrinning--00xx3:

babytoad
25th October 2013, 07:13
Morning Rosie1958

Malaysia is an amazing country. Sabah even more so! People are so laid back and friendly. Did you like the food? You should visit again. So many things have changed since. My parents were here this June. They loved it here too and cant wait to come back, though it was a tad too nippy for them.

Terpe
25th October 2013, 09:20
Hello babytoad, a belated welcome to Filipino UK :welcomex:

Hope you'll enjoy here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

babytoad
25th October 2013, 17:58
Thanks Terpe! Better late than never.

Arthur Little
25th October 2013, 18:19
:welcomex: to our friendly, online Filipino/UK community. I see you're called Serena (#5 refers).

:yeahthat:'s really nice ... the name instantly makes one think of calmness and tranquility. :smile:

babytoad
25th October 2013, 18:24
That's me - Serenity!

Thanks for the welcome Arthur Little!

Rosie1958
25th October 2013, 22:46
Morning Rosie1958

Malaysia is an amazing country. Sabah even more so! People are so laid back and friendly. Did you like the food? You should visit again. So many things have changed since. My parents were here this June. They loved it here too and cant wait to come back, though it was a tad too nippy for them.

Hi babytoad, I have also been to KL numerous times and also Langkawi in Malaysia. We always enjoyed our visits. We were in KK in 2007 but I honestly can't remember the local food, we stayed at the Shangri-La and had a wonderful view of the mountain and also ventured into the local town several times as well as doing an excursion to see the orang-utans. I can remember a colourful open walled restaurant in the town with plenty of local music and dancing, the fruit and vegetable market with it's hive of activity and the Filipino night market in particular :smile:

How wonderful that your parents have been able to visit you here in UK! June was fortunately much warmer than usual but I can understand how much cooler your parents must have felt. I hope that they can come back again before long :xxgrinning--00xx3:

babytoad
26th October 2013, 20:55
Hi Rosie 1958

How ironic - I have never been to see the orang-utans in Sepilok. I must do it when I am home next. The last time I was back was in 2010 with my then fiance (now hubby). I miss home and the colours and the people. The UK reminds me so much of home because of the mixed ethnicity and of course, you can still get so much local food here - always a bonus!

I lived in KL for 12 years before relocating to UK in 2011 and travelled to Langkawi numerous times for work. Langkawi is a really nice island, so much seafood - my fav! people are so nice too.

Very important question - did you try durian?

Speak soon.

Rosie1958
28th October 2013, 21:52
Before he became sick and had to return to UK, my brother and his family Filipino family lived in KL. I visited him over there several times and always really enjoyed it so you would have been living there whilst I was visiting too. I also have a very old friend who still lives in KL who owns a restaurant in Bintang Walk and works in KL in the Petronas Towers.

I have to admit to being a huge fan of fruit but I was a bit of a whimp when it came to durian :yikes:

Terpe
28th October 2013, 21:57
Did you ever get to the Hard Rock Cafe in KL Rosie :yikes:

First time I very nearly got caught out with a beautiful lady (boy) :yikes::yikes:

Rosie1958
29th October 2013, 23:29
Did you ever get to the Hard Rock Cafe in KL Rosie :yikes:

First time I very nearly got caught out with a beautiful lady (boy) :yikes::yikes:

Hahaha, what a shock that must have been, Terpe! ...... When my son was younger, we used to visit Hard Rock cafes when visiting different countries so that he could collect the tee-shirts. I remember going to the branch in Orchard Road, Singapore, Hong Kong and Makati but didn't visit the one in KL. I've seen many lady boys, especially in the perfume/ cosmetic counters of department stores wearing their visible trainer bras ...... each to their own! :icon_lol::icon_lol: