PDA

View Full Version : Immature Cheddar

sars_notd_virus
21st October 2013, 08:41
Is there such thing as an ''Immature Cheddar''? As when I moaned about the mature cheese my husband buys, he said I should try an immature one as it would better suit my taste ...and attitude :cwm25:

ps:

I wasn't sure where to post this ... in culture, foods/humor/relationships or health issue sections????

Moderators, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section. tnx

Pete/London
21st October 2013, 09:39
he said I should try an immature one as it would better suit my taste ... and attitude :cwm25:

So funny! :biggrin:

Mature cheddar has more of a kick to it so just look for a cheddar without Mature in the description, it should be a milder taste and maybe help with your personality. :biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
21st October 2013, 11:52
Mature cheddar has more of a kick to it so just look for a cheddar without Mature in the description, it should be a milder taste and maybe help with your personality. :biggrin:

Wot you trying to say,...??!!! :cwm23::Brick:

... I am gonna tell my Mum on you :blahblah::blahblah: :icon_lol:

SimonH
21st October 2013, 12:05
Wot you trying to say,...??!!! :cwm23::Brick:

...I am gonna tell my Mum on you:blahblah::blahblah: :icon_lol:

Will you two stop arguing and just leave it Brie :cwm25:

Arthur Little
21st October 2013, 12:09
Mari ... the mature variety tends to be a bit too strong for my liking also. So - rather than getting :biggrin: "cheesed~off", - I usually go looking for packs marked 'Mild Cheddar'.

.............. :yeahthat: ... though, for some reason ... :anerikke: ... there seems to be fewer of those blends on display on supermarket shelves.

Maybe they're just simply less popular.

SimonH
21st October 2013, 12:10
Mari ... the mature variety tends to be a bit too strong for my liking also. So - rather than getting :biggrin: "cheesed~off", - I usually go looking for packs marked 'Mild Cheddar'.

Gouda one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
21st October 2013, 12:59
Gouda one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: ... 'e dam(mit) you've beaten me to it, Simon!

SimonH
21st October 2013, 13:06
Whey :Jump: someone else Curd always have a go though :Erm:

Pete/London
21st October 2013, 13:51
Its all crackers :wink:

grahamw48
21st October 2013, 14:17
Cheeeeesy. :smile:

Doc Alan
21st October 2013, 15:01
Halloumi friends :smile: !

I’m fondue this thread, even if it takes the biscuit :smile:!

Need to be Caerphil(ly) as I drew the short straw :doh.

Have to Gouda supermarket now :smile:.

At least I contributed, as a mature member, good From’age :biggrin:.

Feta ccomplished :xxgrinning--00xx3:!

fred
21st October 2013, 16:32
Immature Cheddar???

why Sars?? you wanted to cheddar few pounds?

fred
21st October 2013, 16:38
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/554049_600972646614656_135306003_n.jpg

Doc Alan
21st October 2013, 16:40
Immature Cheddar???

why sars?? you wanted to cheddar few pounds?

Cheddar Gorge ( an oxymoron ) :biggrin:

Still, Somerset in their ways :icon_lol:

SimonH
21st October 2013, 16:49
This is starting to grate now, please rennet by me before posting any more :Erm:

Jamesey
21st October 2013, 20:05
As the other posters have mentioned, just go for a "mild" cheddar.

But there's a whole world of cheese out there! My wife thought that cheese didn't go much beyond the flat slices and tubes that you get in the Philippines. But now she's into all sorts and really enjoys the Christmas cheese board. She's not really into "blue" cheese yet though.

Instead of mild cheddar, you could go for Red Leicester or Double Gloucester. Both are very nice! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st October 2013, 21:07
I love cheese.....all different cheese...I'm really fond of many French Cheeses, but do love an extra mature cheddar :hubbahubba:

Must be accompanied by a nice French red wine :wink:

Iani
21st October 2013, 22:42
I feel like writing in to the food standards about the disgusting state of the cheese in the local Tesco - the Stilton was mouldy for goodness sake :Erm:

Arthur Little
21st October 2013, 23:11
Feta ccomplished :xxgrinning--00xx3:!

Or :icon_rolleyes: ... there's even "cheesy" feet ... :omg:!

:readingpapers: ... don't half stink!

grahamw48
21st October 2013, 23:50
Hmm....trying to think of a Krafty comeback here. :Erm:

Arthur Little
22nd October 2013, 00:06
Hmm....trying to think of a Krafty comeback here. :Erm:

:laugher: ............................. :yeahthat:! ... :Erm: ... Mari hasn't come back!

:cwm24: ... maybe Sars' got d' virus! :yikes:!

SimonH
22nd October 2013, 06:07
You have my parmesan to stop with the puns now as mine are much feta than yours :wink: I'm the dairy best :Erm:

grahamw48
22nd October 2013, 08:22
Yoghurt to admit though, some of us have a whey with words.

...Only have to pasteurise on this thread. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
22nd October 2013, 09:05
This is starting to grate now ...

You should be grateful, this thread is driving some of Em mental :doh

SimonH
22nd October 2013, 09:16
You should be grateful, this thread is driving some of Em mental :doh

We have a winner :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I Camembert believe I've been out cheesed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
22nd October 2013, 09:18
Can't we milk a bit more from this ? :Erm:

SimonH
22nd October 2013, 09:35

Nope, I'm Ricotta puns :Erm:

SimonH
22nd October 2013, 09:36
Now, that is an oxymoron :laugher::laugher:

Dedworth
22nd October 2013, 10:16
I love cheese.....all different cheese...I'm really fond of many French Cheeses, but do love an extra mature cheddar :hubbahubba:

Must be accompanied by a nice French red wine :wink:

Just mature (not extra) :-

Mature English Cheddar with a strong but sweet flavour that has been typically matured for 15 months Made at Taw Valley Creamery, Devon and exclusively selected for Waitrose

£2.78 / 500g bargain

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Browse/Groceries/Dairy

Pete/London
22nd October 2013, 10:50
Don't be mouldy and stilt on the price :cwm25:

fred
22nd October 2013, 16:39

Yeah!!... Im sure there`ll be a lot Morbier.
Actually I reckon there might be a Tunworth!!
Most of it will be a dead schloss though.

Arthur Little
22nd October 2013, 17:01
Mari (Sars) started this thread :icon_rolleyes: ... but she hasn't returned to it to leerdammer!

Arthur Little
22nd October 2013, 17:09
leerdammer!

............ :yeahthat:'s probably "Double Dutch" :biggrin: to her anyway. :anerikke:

Pete/London
22nd October 2013, 17:28
I think she has tried all the supermarkets and is now busy visiting the Deli`s trying to find the immature cheddar :biggrin:

Terpe
22nd October 2013, 20:10
I think she has tried all the supermarkets and is now busy visiting the Deli`s trying to find the immature cheddar :biggrin:

Yep...It's a long Whey to go :biggrin:

andy222
22nd October 2013, 20:15
Just mature (not extra) :-

Mature English Cheddar with a strong but sweet flavour that has been typically matured for 15 months Made at Taw Valley Creamery, Devon and exclusively selected for Waitrose

£2.78 / 500g bargain

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Browse/Groceries/Dairy
I'M surprised that didnt come from the Daily snail. Now that is cheesy.:laugher:

Terpe
22nd October 2013, 20:18
............ :yeahthat:'s probably "Double Dutch" :biggrin: to her anyway. :anerikke:

It's clear if you read it Caerphilly :biggrin:

Terpe
22nd October 2013, 20:29
This could become a Munster :biggrin:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8z1oqgwVD2nbyvTOYxSM1l6KXUSF9hLv0Lt4SDPuX3Qh4nyAQ

SimonH
22nd October 2013, 21:14
IM surprised that didnt come from the Daily snail. Now that is cheesy.:laugher:

That's not even remotely punny, or mature, I camembert it anymore. I'm recotta here before I start having haluminations :cwm25:

sars_notd_virus
23rd October 2013, 00:11
Mari (Sars) started this thread :icon_rolleyes: ... but she hasn't returned to it to leerdammer!

I think she has tried all the supermarkets and is now busy visiting the Deli`s trying to find the immature cheddar:biggrin:

Think I might a -Banon this thread as it looks like it Curd get Pourly, There's an Abondance of Burgos jokes that as a Roule are not funny and have Mascares this thread.

It Greve me very much that I started this Saga which should of started Sirene's ringing, I'm surprised the cops 'ent been round with their Tronchon's out.

So Asiago before this Fetas any lower and gets mouldy. :biggrin:

Flower Marie

Pete/London
23rd October 2013, 01:01
:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd October 2013, 09:45
Think I might a -Banon this thread as it looks like it Curd get Pourly, There's an Abondance of Burgos jokes that as a Roule are not funny and have Mascares this thread.

It Greve me very much that I started this Saga which should of started Sirene's ringing, I'm surprised the cops 'ent been round with their Tronchon's out.
So Asiago before this Fetas any lower and gets mouldy. :biggrin:

Flower Marie

:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: