PDA

View Full Version : England manager in race row

raynaputi
17th October 2013, 23:08
England manager in race row: Roy Hodgson forced to make bizarre apology after 'monkey' jibe during half-time team talk at Wembley

Hodgson told joke about Nasa sending a monkey into space
Gaffe came as he was telling defender to pass to mixed-race player Andros Townsend during World Cup qualifier at Wembley
Manager has apologised for the joke but insists he meant no harm
Anti-racism campaigners demand an investigation into the incident
But Townsend and other players stand up for the England manager

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2464152/Roy-Hodgson-apologises-monkey-gaffe-Wembley.html#ixzz2i1H2YnUG (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2464152/Roy-Hodgson-apologises-monkey-gaffe-Wembley.html#ixzz2i1H2YnUG)

---

PC gone MAD :crazy:

Dedworth
18th October 2013, 00:10
Ridiculous - I'd like to know who the Judas player was

les_taxi
18th October 2013, 06:45
As usual (this has happened before) we qualify for a Major tournament and the press get hold of a nothing story and spoil the moment:mad:

Terpe
18th October 2013, 07:58

Absolutely Dedworth, that to me is the key issue.

Someone in that dressing room is surely determined to be a 'hit-man'. Only way that the media could have known.....

Can't tell me that players at that level don't understand the huge trouble caused by such
action. :cwm23:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 10:09
No wonder half of the population of this country are supposedly suffering from depression. :NoNo:

KeithD
18th October 2013, 10:11
The humourless idiot in the dressing room needs to grow up and get a life, it's people with that attitude that is ruining this country.

SimonH
18th October 2013, 10:20
The most relevant part of the article is this:-

Townsend, a promising 22-year-old winger for Tottenham Hotspur, told the FA he was not offended by the joke when officials spoke to him about the incident.
He tweeted today: 'I don't know what all this fuss is about. No offence was meant and none was taken! It's not even newsworthy!'

The whole incident wouldn't even be in the gutter press if England had lost, the tabloids would have something else to moan about then :cwm23:

grahamw48
18th October 2013, 10:21
Too true Keith.

Feels like we're all living in a damned pc strait jacket these days. :mad:

Ako Si Jamie
19th October 2013, 01:58
There are conflicting reports to what he actually said which seems to suggest this story has been contorted somewhat. Typical media, always have to rock the boat when the England team is concerned. :mad:

Jamesey
19th October 2013, 11:37
Ridiculous. I blame the idiot that leaked this and the press for trying to make an issue out of it. :cwm23:

bigmarco
19th October 2013, 11:46

Well I think the FA should be using all their energies to find out who released this and end their international career :cwm23:

Arthur Little
19th October 2013, 13:56
:biggrin: ... surely the only *"race" issue that realistically concerns England Manager, Roy Hodgson, is the *one :Bolt: involving his team's bid for next year's World Cup! :icon_win:

grahamw48
19th October 2013, 14:21
Typical meddling :censored: -stirring press. Scum of the earth....who should be done for 'inciting racial hatred' ! :mad:

andy222
19th October 2013, 15:47
Typical meddling :censored: -stirring press. Scum of the earth....who should be done for 'inciting racial hatred' ! :mad:
Not the Daily snail again?:icon_lol: