PDA

View Full Version : british citizen

stevewool
13th October 2013, 09:47
we have the date and its this coming tuesday,
Just asking Ems have you read and taken in what you have to pledge to the queen, answer NO,
Do i have to sing the nation anthem she asked, YES YOU DO , i dont know it, and yes she is singing it none stop now, i shall give it a few hours until i tell her she does not have to do this :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::laugher:

andy222
13th October 2013, 10:53
Your looking for a slap from EM. :laugher:

Terpe
13th October 2013, 11:05
Just asking Ems have you read and taken in what you have to pledge to the queen, answer NO...

On a serious note, me and my wife discussed this oath taking issue.
It's quite some oath..............

One thing we both agreed and decided was to affirm the oath, rather than to swear the oath.

In our time swearing the oath involved having a bible and swearing to God. We both agreed that this ceremony, (well at least for us) had nothing at all to do with religion.
Affirming the oath has no religious context at all.

..Do i have to sing the nation anthem she asked, YES YOU DO , i dont know it, and yes she is singing it none stop now, i shall give it a few hours until i tell her she does not have to do this:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::laugher:

I don't know if this always happens these days, but it did in our time......I remember being the only one singing it.......no-one else had a clue.
Many folks say it's not always a part of the ceremony these days. It'll be stated in your invitation if it's in the 'order of the day'

So Steve, be sure it's not part of the ceremony before you set her up :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

We both enjoyed the day. It was done surprisingly well and was a great memory

Have the official photos' done Steve.......yes they're a bit expensive but it's a very nice momento

Michael Parnham
13th October 2013, 11:53
Have a nice day on Tuesday both of you, I just hope for your sake Steve that Emma will have to sing the national anthem! :76::76::76:

sars_notd_virus
13th October 2013, 16:24

Do i have to sing the nation anthem she asked, YES YOU DO , i dont know it, and yes she is singing it none stop now, i shall give it a few hours until i tell her she does not have to do this:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::laugher:

yes she can do, or she can just move her mouth , wobble her lips in time with the music(bit of lip sync!!) :biggrin: