PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines £527

Ako Si Jamie
13th October 2013, 09:34
Another one for November.

Inward/outward between 1st to 30th Nov. Book by 17th October.

Heathrow to Manila.

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/flight-search/flight/31.html

stevewool
13th October 2013, 09:35
anything yet for dec/ jan, also that cheap too :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
13th October 2013, 09:37
Are you going over for Xmas Steve?

stevewool
13th October 2013, 09:40
if the price is right i am sure we could try , but i have seen nothing that would make us say lets go,
What we are looking at is the sales for next xmas, we paid just £555 last time, thats being there for xmas and coming back mid jan too,

Ako Si Jamie
13th October 2013, 09:46
You'd be lucky to get a flight for that price now going over Xmas I would have thought at this stage.

stevewool
13th October 2013, 09:50
thats why we shall wait for the sales for the next xmas , but like anything in life, things could change

DaveW
14th October 2013, 19:46
those prices just don't exist. When you try to enquire further or book the price goes up.

That's why when you check skyscanner you know the only genuine prices are those from netflights, ebookers and the like.

I want to go back end of november and the best I'm seeing is with China Southern, which I won't choose. I think Cathay has around £570 but with the dodgy websites.

Lyonresh
14th October 2013, 19:53
KLM is £805 in January. Just a tip, sometimes its wise to clear your cookies as the price can be affected by this.

Terpe
14th October 2013, 19:59
those prices just don't exist. When you try to enquire further or book the price goes up.

That's why when you check skyscanner you know the only genuine prices are those from netflights, ebookers and the like.

I want to go back end of november and the best I'm seeing is with China Southern, which i won't choose. I think Cathay has around £570 but with the dodgy websites.

Try the airlines direct. Oftentimes some great deals
Have you checked with Philippine Airline?

DaveW
14th October 2013, 19:59
Just put the dates for 25th of november until 17th december and the cheapest now is emirates at £530 then Cathay now at £596.

Can be such a headache booking flights, its not always just the price but the times leaving london for me, and then leaving manila.

I paid £475 to travel in September with Cathay which was a special offer, because i missed my flight back to London, I then had to pay £550 just one way back home. I was sick by the way so hopefully the travel insurance will pick up most of that.
Flights do seem slightly cheaper right now than in March. I paid over £600 with Ethiad at that time. But it's how long you can hang on for a good price before you really need to book

DaveW
14th October 2013, 20:03
Yes tried Philippine Airlines website this morning. For every date I put in, they only had the flight from Heathrow to Manila, but it said there was no flight available from Manila to London.
I tried every date for a week in November and all said no flight available. Really odd unless the London bound flights are fully booked

Terpe
14th October 2013, 21:12
Yes tried Philippine Airlines website this morning. For every date I put in, they only had the flight from Heathrow to Manila, but it said there was no flight available from Manila to London.
I tried every date for a week in November and all said no flight available. Really odd unless the London bound flights are fully booked

It might be the case.......they've really been plugging it in Phils and loads of celebs and VIPS as well as media will be using the flights from Manila. Still going to be quite a thing during November as it's a new venture........

DaveW
15th October 2013, 20:41
It might be the case.......they've really been plugging it in Phils and loads of celebs and VIPS as well as media will be using the flights from Manila. Still going to be quite a thing during November as it's a new venture........

I can imagine, the only flight in Philippines flying direct to London/Europe.
Cebu Pacific made a huge deal about flying to Dubai

Ako Si Jamie
16th October 2013, 19:46
There were flights at around £560 with Cathay Pacific arriving on Xmas Day evening and returning on various dates in mid January. Saw this on Saturday morning on Skyscanner but when I looked later they had been sold. Not surprisingly really.

DaveyWallis
17th October 2013, 16:00
23rd December to 13th Jan £557.75 per person with PAL if anyone is looking for Xmas and New Year over there on the cheap. Lands in Manila 14.45 on Xmas Eve.

stevewool
17th October 2013, 17:33
if only:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

gWaPito
17th October 2013, 22:22
I'd take it Steve if I were you...Tell Emma to go sick....They are hardly going to sack her..Tis the season of influenza after all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
17th October 2013, 22:48
23rd December to 13th Jan £557.75 per person with PAL if anyone is looking for Xmas and New Year over there on the cheap. Lands in Manila 14.45 on Xmas Eve.

Don't forget to add on the cost of all the Xmas pressies. :D

I'm tempted though, if I can shove my boy off to Sweden with his mum, and lock the house up. :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
19th October 2013, 11:57
23rd December to 13th Jan £557.75 per person with PAL if anyone is looking for Xmas and New Year over there on the cheap. Lands in Manila 14.45 on Xmas Eve.That's a fantastic price for Xmas. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
19th October 2013, 11:58
I'd take it Steve if I were you...Tell Emma to go sick....They are hardly going to sack her..Tis the season of influenza after all :xxgrinning--00xx3:Will she be illegible for man flu though? :biggrin:

Iani
20th October 2013, 08:44
Will she be illegible for man flu though? :biggrin:

Pah, man flu exists though.

It's women with their "oh so pmt" excuse for just being miserable. As for childbirth - if men gave birth, it'd be like taking a huge dump.........then back to work.
None of this post natal care appointments stuff, 6 months maternity leave, having other mothers round to chat about baby blues nonsense

gWaPito
21st October 2013, 05:43
Another one for November.

Inward/outward between 1st to 30th Nov. Book by 17th October.

Heathrow to Manila.

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/flight-search/flight/31.html

We flew Malaysia last October on the strength of dialaflight telling me the plane was 9 seats wide as opposed to the normal 10 seats wide on their competitors.
It's surprising what an extra few inches feels like over the course of a 13 hour leg of 2 flights

grahamw48
21st October 2013, 09:37
Malaysia are the only company I've EVER been moved to send a letter of thanks to, after the way they took care of my son on his unaccompanied flight back from Manila when he was 9 years old. :smile:

Terpe
21st October 2013, 16:29
I have story about Malaysia Airlines from years back.
I was taking a last minute flight from Narita to Kuala Lumpur. I was a bit late for check-in and was told that I must have an allocated seat in 'smoking'.
(I did say it was long ago)
Anyway, I did complain and ask to be changed. Seems the flight was just completely full and no alternative seat.
As a last resort I mentioned that this had happened once before to me and how disappointing to put me in a smokey atmosphere again, especially being a regular flyer to KL

I must have looked a bit forlorn (or the check-in lady took a 'shine' to me) as after she made a phone call I got upgraded to first class
Not many airlines upgrade from Economy to First Class. I've not experienced one like that ever since.
Needless to say I took full advantage and had a wonderful flight.

gWaPito
21st October 2013, 23:21
I have story about Malaysia Airlines from years back.
I was taking a last minute flight from Narita to Kuala Lumpur. I was a bit late for check-in and was told that I must have an allocated seat in 'smoking'.
(I did say it was long ago)
Anyway, I did complain and ask to be changed. Seems the flight was just completely full and no alternative seat.
As a last resort I mentioned that this had happened once before to me and how disappointing to put me in a smokey atmosphere again, especially being a regular flyer to KL

I must have looked a bit forlorn (or the check-in lady took a 'shine' to me) as after she made a phone call I got upgraded to first class
Not many airlines upgrade from Economy to First Class. I've not experienced one like that ever since.
Needless to say I took full advantage and had a wonderful flight.

Nice read Peter, thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:....And your's Graham:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:...all very heartwarming:heartshape1:

grahamw48
21st October 2013, 23:45
That's where they put my boy too...First Class. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Of course he probaby flashed those big eyelashes at them. :biggrin:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/161/chns.jpg