PDA

View Full Version : C'mon England

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 19:54
Big,big game tonight:xxgrinning--00xx3:
For some strange reason I'm backing Frankie boy to get first goal,if he doesn't I'm blaming Dedworth:biggrin:

Dedworth
11th October 2013, 19:58
Fingers crossed Les, I'll be watching the 2nd half at the boozer with my JohnBarras Fan Club Card which gets you cheaper beer during and 2 hours after the game :biggrin:

Terpe
11th October 2013, 20:32
Fingers crossed Les, I'll be watching the 2nd half at the boozer with my JohnBarras Fan Club Card which gets you cheaper beer during and 2 hours after the game :biggrin:

Seems you're a man after my own heart :Beer:

andy222
11th October 2013, 20:46
Frustrating first half.

mendoza82
11th October 2013, 20:47
my husband is watching also,hes talking to himself,haha i dunno whats goin on,dont understand football:icon_lol:

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 20:48
Yes we looking so dull,oh for a in his peak Gascoine,Shearer,Lineker,Robson:doh

Terpe
11th October 2013, 20:48
Frustrating first half.

Which Channel ?

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 20:52
which channel ?

itv

Terpe
11th October 2013, 20:59
itv

Thanks Les :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Switching the TV on now to ITV ...

Wait a min it's adverts ..............
Blimey there's a lot of em ................

Ah yes here it comes..

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 21:09
Why did I not go with Rooney lol,cost me £10 :cwm23:
Never mind as long as we win:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th October 2013, 21:14
Why did I not go with Rooney lol,cost me £10 :cwm23:
Never mind as long as we win:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I switched on the TV at the right time

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 21:20
Ha ha nice own goal:laugher:

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 21:52
Better 2nd half,fingers crossed on Tuesday and with a win we will be in World cup finals:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
11th October 2013, 21:53
Easy in the end. Maybe the poles will be more of a match.

les_taxi
11th October 2013, 22:03
Easy in the end. Maybe the poles will be more of a match.

They will as they have a couple of decent strikers,but hopefully we can do the job and look forward to the world cup

bigmarco
11th October 2013, 23:38
Should be a walk in the park the Poles have got nothing to play for.

les_taxi
12th October 2013, 00:01
Should be a walk in the park the Poles have got nothing to play for.

No nerves either-not as easy as it looks

tone
12th October 2013, 00:10
Turned out being a good result in the end, as said I think Poland will be harder but if we cant beat them maybe we shouldnt be in the World Cup Finals?

Dedworth
12th October 2013, 00:50
Great atmosphere in the pub - plenty of mindless chanting and foul language. Not seen similar there since Euro 2004 when singing and air horns were the order of the day and the Croatian and Portuguese flags were burnt in the car park at half time :biggrin: Who are ya !

les_taxi
12th October 2013, 07:14
Great atmosphere in the pub - plenty of mindless chanting and foul language. Not seen similar there since Euro 2004 when singing and air horns were the order of the day and the Croatian and Portuguese flags were burnt in the car park at half time :biggrin: Who are ya !

The pub I go to for the football is great,when we are in an actual competition proper they put a huge england flag on the wall of the pub (it's massive) of course it was objected to but it remained.
A Brass band turns up,I even had an air horn last time:biggrin: (great sneaking up on your mates and having a blast)
Lots of 3 lions type songs before the game (it's actually better than the game sometimes):icon_lol:
So let's hope we qualify on Tuesday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
12th October 2013, 10:43
Whilst we're talking about England what's your thoughts on Jack Wilshere's comments "If you live in England for five years, it doesn't make you English,". He seems to be taking a bit of stick but in all honesty I agree with him. What they're effectively saying is if you arrive here as an 18yo by the time you're 23 you can play for England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24486246

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 10:45
In the circumstances this was a good performance and there's not many England matches that warrants this description. I didn't think the scoreline flattered us but the goal they scored flattered them, as this, plus the shot against the crossbar were their only worthwhile efforts.

Wish I went with my gut feeling and put a tenner on Townsend scoring. Probably would have got odds of around 12-1 too. Townsend deserved MOM and looks a better option than the predictable Walcott on the wing.

Hate to say it but I thought Gerrard was the worst England player. He's been a tremendous player over the years but sadly I think he's past it and that includes at club football.

Still not convinced about Kyle Walker and Phil Jagielka and that Lampard should be starting. Been quite impressed with Welbeck since he's began playing for England. Does look laborious but has good technique and get's in good goalscoring positions even though he's out wide.

And Sturridge :icon_sorry: Has more in his locker than any previous England striker I've seen in my time and that includes Lineker, Shearer, Rooney & Owen!

Dedworth
12th October 2013, 15:58
Whilst we're talking about England what's your thoughts on Jack Wilshere's comments "If you live in England for five years, it doesn't make you English,". He seems to be taking a bit of stick but in all honesty I agree with him. What they're effectively saying is if you arrive here as an 18yo by the time you're 23 you can play for England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24486246

I pretty much agree with him too but he's an obnoxious git trying to fill Gobby Gary Nevilles shoes as Englands Official rent-a-mouth

andy222
12th October 2013, 18:08
And Sturridge :icon_sorry: Has more in his locker than any previous England striker I've seen in my time and that includes Lineker, Shearer, Rooney & Owen!
I disagree about Lineker and shearer they were class finishers. Although I will say Sturridge has potential with experience.

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 19:12
I disagree about Lineker and shearer they were class finishers. Although I will say Sturridge has potential with experience.I'm not saying that Lineker and Shearer weren't class finishers. They were. At the moment Sturridge isn't as good at finishing as them but he has more strings to his bow as a striker so to speak. :smile:

andy222
12th October 2013, 19:21
We will have to wait and see Jamie he has only played a few Internationals.

les_taxi
13th October 2013, 01:33
I disagree about Lineker and shearer they were class finishers. Although I will say Sturridge has potential with experience.

Bloody hell me and Andy Agree,no way can Sturridge can be even mentioned in the same breath yet as those two,let's check back again after another 50 games.

andy222
13th October 2013, 08:23
Bloody hell me and Andy Agree,no way can Sturridge can be even mentioned in the same breath yet as those two,let's check back again after another 50 games.