PDA

View Full Version : Shocking !

grahamw48
11th October 2013, 12:04
...that I've just felt obliged to put the central heating on, because I have guests who don't seem to be able to keep warm with six layers of clothes. :NoNo:

Moy
11th October 2013, 13:00
...that I've just felt obliged to put the central heating on, because I have guests who don't seem to be able to keep warm with six layers of clothes. :NoNo:

good you recognize me now graham :biggrin::icon_lol::Rasp::action-smiley-081:

joebloggs
11th October 2013, 13:11
good you recognize me now graham:biggrin::icon_lol::Rasp::action-smiley-081:

:yikes: he only recognizes you with your clothes on :omg:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:laugher:

grahamw48
11th October 2013, 13:32
Dammit...just wasted a whole morning's gas ! :bigcry:

The radiator in their room was set to 'off'. :doh

Moy
11th October 2013, 14:15
:yikes: he only recognizes you with your clothes on :omg:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:laugher:

oh yes :xxaction-smiley-047 :biggrin: my leopard skirt :cwm24: :action-smiley-081: :laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 09:49
I have guests who don't seem to be able to keep warm with six layers of clothes. :NoNo:They don't happen to be young beautiful Filipina's do they Graham? :Erm::wink:

I can think of a way to get round that wee problem which doesn't involve cranking up the heating. :biggrin:

stevewool
12th October 2013, 10:15
well no heating on yet and i am still in my shorts too, keep busy and keep the gloves and hat on at all times

grahamw48
12th October 2013, 10:18
They don't happen to be young beautiful Filipina's do they Graham? :Erm::wink:

I can think of a way to get round that wee problem which doesn't involve cranking up the heating. :biggrin:

Nope....my son and his Finnish girlfriend.

Don't think he'd appreciate me making a pass at her. :biggrin:

Trefor
12th October 2013, 10:28
Its not cool to come across as a tight git you know :NoNo: The heating is set to 19.5 in our house and it comes on whenever it needs to. It has certainly been on the past few mornings and evenings. I would much prefer to be comfortable and pay a few quid a day.

I pay around £100 a month for electricity and gas, so around £3.30 a day. This is split 70% gas, 30% electricity = £2.30 of gas a day on average (obviously more in winter, minimal in summer with water and cooker heating). Well worth it IMO.

gWaPito
12th October 2013, 10:36
I wish mine was that...Heating £100 per month....electric £45... although my heating has been on for the last month or so:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanp
12th October 2013, 10:40
My heating is broken should be fixed today if the bloke comes with the right part.
But to keep my wife and stepdaughter warm I make them chop the logs for the fire

Michael Parnham
12th October 2013, 11:02
I wish mine was that...Heating £100 per month....electric £45...although my heating has been on for the last month or so:xxgrinning--00xx3:

With respect Mark, that seems rather a lot!:Erm:

Michael Parnham
12th October 2013, 11:05
They don't happen to be young beautiful Filipina's do they Graham? :Erm::wink:

Naughty Jamie! :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 11:13
Naughty Jamie! :wink:I was referring to jogging :biggrin:

grahamw48
12th October 2013, 11:19
Its not cool to come across as a tight git you know :NoNo: The heating is set to 19.5 in our house and it comes on whenever it needs to. It has certainly been on the past few mornings and evenings. I would much prefer to be comfortable and pay a few quid a day.

I pay around £100 a month for electricity and gas, so around £3.30 a day. This is split 70% gas, 30% electricity = £2.30 of gas a day on average (obviously more in winter, minimal in summer with water and cooker heating). Well worth it IMO.

I couldn't give a :censored: whether people think I'm cool or not, even though a lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and obviously meant in humour.

It's my money and I'll spend it wisely.

Probably why I don't owe anybody a penny, and everything I own is paid for.

Been there done that with all the flashy impress the friends and neighbours stuff.

It's 21C in my house, and we're all happy and comfy.

SimonH
12th October 2013, 11:38
£207 a month here, and I haven't even put the heating on yet :NoNo:

Arthur Little
12th October 2013, 12:29
Ours finally went on yesterday for the first time since (I think) April ... such, has the mercury dropped :36_1_26[1]: over the course of the past week.

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 12:33
I couldn't give a :censored: whether people think I'm cool or not, even though a lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and obviously meant in humour.

It's my money and I'll spend it wisely.

Probably why I don't owe anybody a penny, and everything I own is paid for.

Been there done that with all the flashy impress the friends and neighbours stuff.

I can relate to that. Totally agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
12th October 2013, 12:36
With respect Mark, that seems rather a lot!:Erm:
I didn't mention Michael. ..that was when my good lady was here. ...like in the Philippines, she didn't wear clothes in the house, no matter what time of year. ...still, that's all a distant memory now

Yes I know, I spoilt her rotten.

Btw. .I'm not moaning here :-). ..I didn't have a problem paying that amount or her walking about near naked :-). .although she did put a top on while frying...as long as she was happy, that's all what mattered :-)

Arthur Little
12th October 2013, 12:52
I can relate to that. Totally agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yup ... me too :icon_rolleyes: ... we currently pay £112 pcm by direct debit to 'Scottish Power'.

................................................... :yeahthat: ... which I feel ought to be adjusted to make allowances for not using the gas central heating at all for the whole summer. :doh

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 13:20
Yup ... me too :icon_rolleyes: ... we currently pay £112 pcm by direct debit to 'Scottish Power'.

................................................... :yeahthat: ... which I feel ought to be adjusted to make allowances for not using the gas central heating at all for the whole summer. :dohThat does seem a lot Arthur. I paid just over £50 for my gas from mid May to mid August this year but that's for a flat. During the main winter months it was about £150.

joebloggs
12th October 2013, 13:26
That does seem a lot Arthur. I paid just over £50 for my gas from mid May to mid August this year but that's for a flat. During the main winter months it was about £150.

older people feel the cold more, also remember Arthur is at home nearly 24/7 while me and you work and are out of the house for 8hrs+ a day :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2013, 14:29
and you work and are out of the house for 8hrs+ a day :wink:
And the rest. :bigcry:

Valid point though. Wasn't aware Arthur had retired. Thought he was only about 53. :smile:

imagine
12th October 2013, 14:37
no heating on here :biggrin:

gWaPito
12th October 2013, 14:50
no heating on here :biggrin:

You wait until you get billed for your electricity. ..air conditioning doesn't come cheap over there. ..A reason why electricity won't be privatised any time soon. .

Dedworth
12th October 2013, 15:11
£160 per month NPower only been with them since I booted Scottish Power into touch in Feb. Looking at our readings / consumption paying ahead of the game I expect it to pan out at about £120 per month - fixed till Feb2015

Michael Parnham
12th October 2013, 17:35
I pay £40 for gas & £30 for electric per month and at the moment am £257 in credit, but having said that we only moved into this house beginning of April this year, I'm hoping the credit I've accumulated plus the £200 fuel allowance will suffice us through the winter, will keep you posted. I will point out we do wear appropriate clothing for indoor winter months and we have never felt cold indoors, also last winter I introduced Maritess to the famous Hot water bottle and to my surprise after about one week she never wanted it again.! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
12th October 2013, 17:55
You wait until you get billed for your electricity. ..air conditioning doesn't come cheap over there. ..A reason why electricity won't be privatised any time soon. .
And look at our privatised energy companies. Very CHEAP? :crazy:

gWaPito
12th October 2013, 18:58
And look at our privatised energy companies. Very CHEAP?:crazy:

You may think the Philippines comparison isn't anything to do with this discussion but I think it is :smile:.....look at the endless brown outs lasting hours and sometimes days on end. ...and the extortionate charges. ...We had the same poor service in the 70s. ..I definitely wouldn't want to go back to those days :NoNo:....folks forget those times. ..Some weren't born then but let me tell you. .It was a lot tougher then. ..you just didn't have the money to pay. ...nowadays folks just got to sacrifice a packet of fags to pay for that rise. .....as Ded already pointed out, Miliband was going to put the squeeze on us as well with his green policies :NoNo: ....so to say he would of capped the rises is a complete lie :NoNo:

grahamw48
12th October 2013, 19:08
You were lucky... :cwm3:

andy222
12th October 2013, 19:09
The reason for the brownouts in the philippines is because there is not enough power sources, Private companies here have already warned us there might be blackouts here. I cant see it though because they have hiked the prices up that much people wont be able to afford to use it.

grahamw48
12th October 2013, 19:13
There's only going to be a 5% supply safety net this winter. :cwm25:

Glad I kept my Calor fire, gas rings, and plenty of candles. :smile:

Michael Parnham
13th October 2013, 11:36
There's only going to be a 5% supply safety net this winter. :cwm25:

Glad I kept my Calor fire, gas rings, and plenty of candles. :smile:

Do you remember paraffin heaters Graham? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th October 2013, 12:34
...but of course .:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRbmfLVoWo

gWaPito
13th October 2013, 19:07
Do you remember paraffin heaters Graham?:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I do and mum's still got her's, be it stationed in the garage. ...''just in case'' ..haha in case of what I ask. ..I said the days of being held to ransom by these greedy grabbing Union barons are long gone. .straight up haha. ..We had this conversation when I was selling dad's golf buggy back in May. ...definitely brought back memories of being choked to death. ..didn't know what was worst. .dad's fags or the paraffin fumes. ..:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
13th October 2013, 19:14
The reason for the brownouts in the philippines is because there is not enough power sources

Oh?:Erm:.....would you care to expand on that because that isn't my understanding :cwm25:

stevewool
13th October 2013, 19:20
and plenty of candles. :smile:

i have four

gWaPito
13th October 2013, 19:30
Oh?:Erm:.....would you care to expand on that because that isn't my understanding:cwm25:

I'll answer it for you :cwm25:....The Government are charging top dollar for a 3rd rate service. ..there's no incentive to bring the system upto speed like their modern neighbours ...They can just keep on shafting their own people without a care in the world.

If it were privatised, sold off to numerous outfits, that nonsense situation would all change overnight.

grahamw48
13th October 2013, 22:55
i have four

:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th October 2013, 22:57
I'll answer it for you :cwm25:....The Government are charging top dollar for a 3rd rate service. ..there's no incentive to bring the system upto speed like their modern neighbours ...They can just keep on shafting their own people without a care in the world.

If it were privatised, sold off to numerous outfits, that nonsense situation would all change overnight.

They (Phils govt.) also fell out with Westinghouse, who were building them a shiny new power station back in the 90s. I believe that never came to fruition. :Erm:

Dedworth
14th October 2013, 14:56
From yesterdays Sun

When Ed Miliband was Energy Minister in the last Labour government he led the charge for legislation to build 10,000 wind turbines by 2020. Figures released while he was in charge show that each turbine is subsidised to the tune of £80 for each hour it generates
electricity. Even though experts estimate turbines only spin 25 per cent of the time, that still adds up to £1.79billion a year or some £69 on every household bill. Remember to thank the Labour leader for that next time he talks about freezing soaring energy bills.

andy222
14th October 2013, 16:32
From yesterdays Sun

When Ed Miliband was Energy Minister in the last Labour government he led the charge for legislation to build 10,000 wind turbines by 2020. Figures released while he was in charge show that each turbine is subsidised to the tune of £80 for each hour it generates
electricity. Even though experts estimate turbines only spin 25 per cent of the time, that still adds up to £1.79billion a year or some £69 on every household bill. Remember to thank the Labour leader for that next time he talks about freezing soaring energy bills.
I will still vote for him if it means keeping the tories out. That way we might get a pay increase in the NHS.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
14th October 2013, 16:35

If they did privatise it they would be paying more just like we are now.:crazy:

gWaPito
15th October 2013, 13:18
If they did privatise it they would be paying more just like we are now.:crazy:

They are already paying UK rates!!!:crazy::crazy::doh:doh:Brick::Brick: for a service what isn't worth a bean...Jeez man!

These people can't pay any more:NoNo: ....Their daily wage is to put food on the table, that's it...no spare cash for their Government to extract. You wanna know about living on the edge, you going to the right place

grahamw48
15th October 2013, 13:24
Are they still employing illegal immigrants who either rob the mail, or post it back into a post box or kick it under the sorting table because they can't be bothered to deliver it ? :mad:

gWaPito
15th October 2013, 13:40
Are they still employing illegal immigrants who either rob the mail, or post it back into a post box or kick it under the sorting table because they can't be bothered to deliver it ? :mad:

They had their fair share of those working at Las Pinas City Hall..all bent as 9 bob notes

les_taxi
15th October 2013, 18:12
I'm out working most of the day,my gas for the last 3 months has been about £6 a month and my leccy £33
Not had heating on til now,just hot water for baths etc
Will expect bills to reach about £80 a month to £90 through winter-still only £3 a day can't complain at that