PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Autumn

Arthur Little
9th October 2013, 13:57
Autumn has long been my favourite among the four seasons we in :Britain: experience annually. Nothing to do with the fact that I just happened to be born in September ... nor that, some six weeks' down the line, we Brits can turn back the clock to enjoy an extra hour in bed for one day of the year ... :nono-1-1: ... but because it's a time to pause for reflection :icon_rolleyes: on the wonders of nature ... to harvest and enjoy the rich benefits of the abundant fruits of creation ... a time when our bountiful countryside is truly at its most beautiful. :smile:

Moy
9th October 2013, 18:32
i had loved the four :biggrin: season before i :Cuckoo::yawn::mad::action-smiley-081::NoNo:i:Erm::icon_lol: came here :xxaction-smiley-047:laugher:

stevewool
9th October 2013, 18:49
the 4 seasons are wonderful, as long as you wear the right clothes

Michael Parnham
9th October 2013, 18:53
Too true Arthur, Britain is unique when it comes to the four seasons, each season has it's appeal to someone, with ref to myself I enjoy every season and with regards to the rest of our planet we are the most fortunate when it comes to the weather. I feel so lucky to be living here! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

han
9th October 2013, 19:46
I :heartshape1: :xxgrinning--00xx3: autumn, :biggrin:
Just today when my husband picked me up from work, we were just talking about the color changes of the leaves around the peaceful road of the Scottish Borders. Very pretty :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3: . I came here in the country month of October two years ago and that's the first season I witnessed.

Ako Si Jamie
9th October 2013, 19:47
It's the least favourite time of year for me because it's getting colder and darker. I would say November is the worst month out of them all although not this year as I won't be here :biggrin:

Moy
9th October 2013, 20:52
the 4 seasons are wonderful, as long as you wear the right cloths

clothes are right :Cuckoo::xxaction-smiley-047:action-smiley-081::blahblah::olddude:temperatures arent :cwm24::icon_lol:

Moy
9th October 2013, 20:53
I :heartshape1: :xxgrinning--00xx3: autumn, :biggrin:
Just today when my husband picked me up from work, we were just talking about the color changes of the leaves around the peaceful road of the Scottish Borders. Very pretty :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3: . I came here in the country month of October two years ago and that's the first season I witnessed.

:cwm24::thumbsdown::biggrin:

stevewool
9th October 2013, 20:56
clothes are right :Cuckoo::xxaction-smiley-047:action-smiley-081::blahblah::olddude:temperature arent :cwm24::icon_lol:

depends on if you are wearing short shorts still :hubbahubba:

Moy
9th October 2013, 21:06
depends on if you are still wearing short shorts still:hubbahubba:

emmm yeah hehehe :Cuckoo::bigcry::yikes::action-smiley-081::biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
9th October 2013, 21:07
Moy will be back wearing her leopard gear now I expect :smile:

Moy
9th October 2013, 21:16
Moy will be back wearing her leopard gear now I expect :smile:

:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: my leopard shorts skirt :Cuckoo::xxaction-smiley-047:laugher::yikes:

raynaputi
9th October 2013, 21:18
It's the least favourite time of year for me because it's getting colder and darker. I would say November is the worst month out of them all although not this year as I won't be here :biggrin:

Same here! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Spring and Summer are my fave seasons! I hate the cold seasons..:thumbsdown:

sars_notd_virus
10th October 2013, 08:31
Autumn has long been my favourite among the four seasons we in :Britain: experience annually. Nothing to do with the fact that I just happened to be born in September ... nor that, some six weeks' down the line, we Brits can turn back the clock to enjoy an extra hour in bed for one day of the year ... :nono-1-1: ... but because it's a time to pause for reflection :icon_rolleyes: on the wonders of nature ... to harvest and enjoy the rich benefits of the abundant fruits of creation ... a time when our bountiful countryside is truly at its most beautiful. :smile:

very beautiful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
10th October 2013, 11:24
Autumn has long been my favourite among the four seasons we in :Britain: experience annually.

Also my favourite time of year growing up in Bonnie :Kilt: Scotland :xxgrinning--00xx3: Just a pity it never lasted very long, unlike the 4th season :cwm3:

We used to have so much fun playing in the leaves. Also the smell of burning leaves which is probably :nono-1-1: these days.

Thanks Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th October 2013, 12:12
:smile: Pleasure's mine, Jake ... I knew that you - as a fellow Scot - would appreciate the scenic beauty of the bountiful natural resources our Scottish heritage, in particular, yields each year during Autumn.

Thank you so much for the rep, my friend. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
13th October 2013, 22:00
Scarborough ( north east coast of England ) today :smile:.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/DocAlan/23_zps43ba9df6.jpg (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/DocAlan/media/23_zps43ba9df6.jpg.html)

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/DocAlan/19_zpsccae5c6d.jpg (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/DocAlan/media/19_zpsccae5c6d.jpg.html)

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/DocAlan/18_zps89ede93d.jpg (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/DocAlan/media/18_zps89ede93d.jpg.html)

gWaPito
14th October 2013, 12:56

I agree Jamie...The start of the long cold dark winter :NoNo:

gWaPito
14th October 2013, 13:03
:cwm24::thumbsdown::biggrin:

I remember my wife loving the cold and the snow when she first arrived here, that was when we had -9 in the south and the worst snowfall in 40 odd years...the novelty didn't last long :NoNo:

Terpe
14th October 2013, 14:10
There's a great series of 4 programmes on BBC called 'The Great British Year'
Each programme is based around our seasons.
Top quality documentaries using state of the art technology and methods.

I caught up on the 'Spring' episode last night. Just happens to be my favourite British season.
During the many years I spent living overseas I always really missed our wonderful May.

Anyway, during last nights episode it was stated that over 50% of the Bluebells that flower in the world are here in UK....... I really didn't imagine that.

Here in Northamptonshire we are blessed with a multitude of woods that are home to millions and millions of springtime Bluebells. A genuine blue carpet of blooms and what a sight to see too.
Magic :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th October 2013, 16:16
I remember my wife loving the cold and the snow when she first arrived here, that was when we had -9 in the south and the worst snowfall in 40 odd years... the novelty didn't last long :NoNo:

:icon_rolleyes: ... bet it didn't!