5th October 2013, 08:53
£497 from the same site :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/select-by-airlines/flight/67.html

grahamw48
5th October 2013, 10:43
£497 from the same site :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/select-by-airlines/flight/67.html

...and from Manchester too. :Jump::Erm:

I just don't know if I can risk leaving the house in the care of my son and his girlfriend, otherwise I'd be getting my cheque book out. :NoNo:

chino
6th October 2013, 14:48
hopefully we could see more of this was pal flying from LHR - it should spark some competition in this route..

SimonH
6th October 2013, 14:51
Be interesting to see if the likes of BA start flying direct if PAL proves popular :Erm:

grahamw48
6th October 2013, 16:25
BA used to do, well almost... via HongKong.

When I 'commuted' between HK and Manila, they were often the cheapest flight on that section too.

SimonH
6th October 2013, 16:53

When I 'commuted' between HK and Manila, they were often the cheapest flight on that section too.

I have friends that work for BA, but their pricing structure is just plain :crazy:
When I used their online booking service last year an economy flight was working out in excess of £2000. Found out by using the flight numbers they had quoted me that they code share with Cathay, so went back in and priced the exact same flights separately, one the BA and the second leg with Cathay, came to about £750.
Booked with Emirates in the end :icon_lol:

stevewool
6th October 2013, 17:16
wow , great prices and for winter sun too, :Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm:, how much holiday have i left

joebloggs
6th October 2013, 19:02

:xxgrinning--00xx3: first time i went to the phils was with BA via HK, bit :yikes: as the plane prepares to land and flies low over the sea :biggrin:

KeithD
6th October 2013, 21:00
:xxgrinning--00xx3: first time i went to the phils was with BA via HK, bit :yikes: as the plane prepares to land and flies low over the sea :biggrin:

It's only San Francisco the Asian pilots mess up :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
6th October 2013, 22:26

When I went to Philippines my first time, it was with Cathay in 1989 and landing at Hong Kong was a little more tricky then at the old Airport!:cwm25:

grahamw48
6th October 2013, 22:36
I flew many times in and out of the the old Hong Kong 'Kai Tak' airport (while I was helping to build the new one over at Chek Lap Kok). Amazing experience, especially at night. Great for spectating too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If only I could have afforded to have flown in on this magnificent BA plane. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s7Q-Z2PGQw

Pretty hairy for passengers and residents: :cwm24:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-5GEExT8o

Pete/London
7th October 2013, 00:29
Flew a couple of times into old HG airport, always reminded me of James Bond films as I seem to remember the landings in one of his films.
I find the new airport just as bad as they flight path in seems really low over the surrounding mountains and hills.:yikes:

grahamw48
7th October 2013, 10:33
They discovered pretty quickly that 'wind shear' was going to be a problem at the new airport at Lantau, because of those mountains, after one of the first test flight planes flipped over on its back when coming in to land. :cwm24:

I wasn't there (working) that day, but my friend was, and told me all about it.

Julie-Tom
7th October 2013, 11:56
Hello :) I am just wondering if we should book for one way going to London this December since our visa just got approved, my husband was thinking of just one way, will this be fine? Or we should just book round trip ticket. Any thoughts? :Erm: please. Thank you.

Also, one more question my son has his visa too but my parents my sons grand mother in particular insist that he finish his school year here in the Philippines which I agreed, so I will go to London this December and come back for my son this march and we go to London together for good, will there be any problem with that? My visa and my sons visa validity is October 15, is there any rule that say we should fly to London not later than 3 months, my husband said he read it in a forum somewhere, any help? Thank you. :)

grahamw48
7th October 2013, 13:39
If you have settlement visas, yes, single tickets will be fine.

I would DEFINITELY bring your son with you when you travel. Much less complicated (and cheaper), plus, IMO the education standards are better here anyway, and the sooner he starts school here, the better.

(I have brought one wife and two school-age Filipino stepchildren here).

Ako Si Jamie
7th October 2013, 21:16
:yikes:

St Maartens, The Caribbean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTNj6IWey4

grahamw48
7th October 2013, 22:44
I love those youtube plane pages. Some amazing stuff (once you've sorted out the real ones from the CGI ones).

Michael Parnham
7th October 2013, 23:30
I love those youtube plane pages. Some amazing stuff (once you've sorted out the real ones from the CGI ones).

Check out Flightlevel350 Graham!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th October 2013, 23:32
Yes, I know the one Michael. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Julie-Tom
8th October 2013, 15:24
If you have settlement visas, yes, single tickets will be fine.

I would DEFINITELY bring your son with you when you travel. Much less complicated (and cheaper), plus, IMO the education standards are better here anyway, and the sooner he starts school here, the better.

(I have brought one wife and two school-age Filipino stepchildren here).

Thank you for the response :) we will book one way ticket then.

Is there any rule as to when we need to travel? The validity of the visa is oct 15 but we are planning to go this December, that's fine right?:Erm:

grahamw48
8th October 2013, 17:09
Yes, it's valid from October 15th, but of course you have a few months during which you can use the visa. (It should tell you somewhere).

I'm sure someone on the forum who's recently made the trip will be able to advise on travel date limitations, but December should be fine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th October 2013, 19:32
Have a pleasant journey, good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3: