PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived back today from Philippines

DaveW
4th October 2013, 12:40
Arrived home this morning from a slightly extended stay. Was meant to be back last week but got sick so couldn't fly, had to re-book which hopefuly travel insurance will pick up.
Never realised untill last week that we now are allowed 30 days stay instead of 21. Saved me some cash as i was prepared to go to immigration to pay for extension.
Had a great time in Puerto Galera and then Surigao del Sur.
Was nice to have to exchange rate up a bit compared to my last trip. Got 69 pesos in Manila and 64 in Butuan.
Was my first time in Puerto and was supprised at some lovely empty beaches we went to by scooter that had really good snorkelling for corals and fish and we were the only people there. It was crazy but made it more special.

chino
4th October 2013, 15:39
get to the enchanted river ?

sounds like a good trip... :)

sars_notd_virus
4th October 2013, 16:36
Arrived home this morning from a slightly extended stay. Was meant to be back last week but got sick so couldn't fly, had to re-book which hopefuly travel insurance will pick up.
Never realised untill last week that we now are allowed 30 days stay instead of 21. Saved me some cash as i was prepared to go to immigration to pay for extension.
Had a great time in Puerto Galera and then Surigao del Sur.
Was nice to have to exchange rate up a bit compared to my last trip. Got 69 pesos in Manila and 64 in Butuan.
Was my first time in Puerto and was supprised at some lovely empty beaches we went to by scooter that had really good snorkelling for corals and fish and we were the only people there. It was crazy but made it more special.

Woow sounds like u had a nice holiday in the PH..welcome back:smile:

DaveW
7th October 2013, 19:11
No never went there. Hired a bike and went to the waterfall which was ok for 30 minutes. Really jut did alot of snorkelling.

andy222
7th October 2013, 19:27
I went to surigao 3 weeks ago very nice thinking of buying some land there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
7th October 2013, 21:21
We'll be staying at a resort on Aninuan Beach in Puerto Galera end of November. Our first time in Mindoro as well.

stevewool
7th October 2013, 21:41
i too was looking at Puerto Galera next time we go to the phils, but who knows where we may end up, its all good to me

DaveW
8th October 2013, 21:18
We visited Aninuan Beach for the day and had a great time. At times we were the only people there. the sand is ok the water nice but honestly i don't think i could stay there for more than a night. As romantic as it is being with just your parnter, the place is a bit too quiet with nothing else nearby to help.
There was one place called Tamaraw beach resort which seemed nice. It had no guests visible and the outside bar refused to serve non-guests. So it was totally empty. There was another resort open but still under construction which was also very nice.
We stayed in Sabang which isn't really nice but has more going on and travelled out during the day.