PDA

View Full Version : Tea Towels

SimonH
2nd October 2013, 22:35
As I'm sure everyone is getting a bit bored with the political bickering going on, I thought I'd asked for some advise :smile:
Now, I need some new tea towels and really can't make up my mind whether to go for a checked pattern or just plain :Erm::Erm::Erm:
The plain would go with the dog, but the cat is sort of a mishmash of colours so I was thinking of checked. Anyone got any thoughts :biggrin:

grahamw48
2nd October 2013, 23:30
What budget have you in mind ?

I actually make my own. :biggrin:

tone
2nd October 2013, 23:45
Checked - terry towelling are the best IMHO (red and white checks!)

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 06:25
What budget have you in mind ?

I actually make my own. :biggrin:

Now there's an idea :Erm:
As far as budget is concerned, I really don't know, how much is a tea towel these days, not a value one mind you :Rasp:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 06:26
Checked - terry towelling are the best IMHO (red and white checks!)

Thanks Tone, that's one vote for checks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
3rd October 2013, 09:03
Now there's an idea :Erm:
As far as budget is concerned, I really don't know, how much is a tea towel these days, not a value one mind you :Rasp:

Well, I do have four tea towels, but I bought two of them in 1996 and the other two in 2003 (value ones), so I can't be of much help. I use one for covering up my printer, one as a damp cloth for ironing, and two for drying the dishes.

I would think they (all 4) are probably only worth a pound or so now...so maybe £2 new. Still not a bad investment. :smile:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 09:09
Cheers Graham, very useful information there :xxgrinning--00xx3:
So, on average about 25 years use at 50p each, so about 2p a year :smile:
You really are a canny Yorhshireman, can I ask what colour are yours and do you find that plain or checked last longer :Erm:

grahamw48
3rd October 2013, 09:16
I'm proud to say that they are all of the checked variety, two being yellow and white (chosen by my ex-wife), and two being pale blue and white. I think the colours would have originally been darker though.

However, one of the blue and white ones is considerably 'heavier duty' than the others, so it occasionally doubles as a car-cleaning cloth. :smile:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 09:19
Hmmmmm :Erm:

So, in essence Graham what you're saying is that the blue variety is more versatile and lasts considerably longer.
Excellent advise there, keep it up and a rep could be coming your way :laugher:

imagine
3rd October 2013, 10:07
Just bought 2 tea towels this morning, 39 peso each at Robinson's Mall :biggrin:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 10:50
Just bought 2 tea towels this morning, 39 peso each at Robinson's Mall :biggrin:

:NoNo: Just the excuse I needed for another trip :icon_lol:

So with flights and accommodation that works out at a bargain of about £3,000 for 2 tea towels :Erm: Do they sell bread makers there :cwm25:
What colour were they?

stevewool
3rd October 2013, 11:00
I still use potato sacks, yes a little thin now but the good thing is they are still a little course so if you have not washed the pots very good the hessian removes it brilliant, just another way to save for the future from kuripot Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
3rd October 2013, 11:01
Do they sell bread makers there :cwm25:
What colour were they?

:doh Like the majority of Filipino's have the dough to buy one :doh

stevewool
3rd October 2013, 11:02
As I'm sure everyone is getting a bit bored with the political bickering going on, I thought I'd asked for some advice :smile:

Indeed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 11:25
:doh Like the majority of Filipino's have the dough to buy one :doh

No knead for that attitude, cheer up and see the light hearted side of it my flour :wink:

Dedworth
3rd October 2013, 11:36
They were selling off some Northern Irish linen ones in Waitrose the other week I expect they're gone now

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 11:43
They were selling off some Northern Irish linen ones in Waitrose the other week I expect they're gone now

:omg: Waitrose, oh look at the extravagance.
Don't you realise that the average council claimant can't even afford to look in Waitrose.

Anyway toodle pip I'm off to Harrods to get a new smoking jacket and then to Fortnum and Mason for some foie gras :Wave:

imagine
3rd October 2013, 12:13
:NoNo: Just the excuse I needed for another trip :icon_lol:

So with flights and accommodation that works out at a bargain of about £3000 for 2 tea towels :Erm: Do they sell bread makers there :cwm25:
What colour were they?

red and white and brown and white, they also had orange and white and blue and white, all checked, and just like ours in uk, label says made in india, oh the luxury of finding something the same as uk even if it is only a tea towel :icon_lol:

grahamw48
3rd October 2013, 12:25
Quick tip...I do find that old underpants make very good dishcloths, and in emergencies, can be pressed back into service. :smile:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 12:39
red and white and brown and white, they also had orange and white and blue and white, all checked, and just like ours in uk, label says made in india, oh the luxury of finding something the same as uk even if it is only a tea towel :icon_lol:

:Erm: Blue and white eh, I suppose I could always dye the dog so he'll match :wink:

SimonH
3rd October 2013, 12:41
Quick tip...I do find that old underpants make very good dishcloths, and in emergencies, can be pressed back into service. :smile:

And they get washed at the same time, great tip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd October 2013, 13:26
However, one of the blue and white ones is considerably 'heavier duty' than the others, so it occasionally doubles as a car-cleaning cloth. :smile:

:smile: Ha! Funnily enough ... I'd been wondering which of those you'd used to clean your assortment of :transam-front-ramais with over the years.:biggrin:

grahamw48
3rd October 2013, 14:09
Even the old MG comes up shiny. :smile:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9765/mkb6.jpg