PDA

View Full Version : Passed the Life in the UK Test, however...

manilabong
29th September 2013, 20:51
Hi, everyone! Last Monday, I took the the Life in the UK test in Lewisham. I was scheduled to have it at 11 AM so I left the house 2 hours before since I still had to look for the place. I live in Croydon, by the way. I got there at 10, thanks to Google maps I just had to follow its lead and there I was standing in front of the testing center. Anyway, the test started at exactly 11 AM; I didn't consume the whole 45 minutes as I wanted to get over it right away but I did check my answers many, many times. Luckily, I passed. Yay! The questions were all based on the 3rd edition of the Life in the UK guide book. I got a wrong answer on the question about what kind of films was Nick Park famous for. I chose detective films when it should have been animated lol

After the exam, I strolled around the town center a bit then took a bus to the big Tesco in Elmers End to do a bit of groceries. I was extremely happy the whole time because I was relieved that I was done with the exam. I left Tesco at about 3:30 PM and took the tram towards Croydon and still I had that happy feeling but little did I know that it would only last just a few minutes more.

The tram stopped at Arena to load/unload passengers. I was seated in front just a few steps behind the driver. I was doing some calculations on my phone and then there it was, a man from behind snatched my phone and ran out towards the alley. I just sat there, stunned. I saw the driver talking over the phone then he called me and asked where I was headed then told me to get off at East Croydon Station as the police where there waiting for me.

I spent 2 hours in the police station giving my statement, describing the guy, etc etc. They said they would be getting the CCTV the next day although I have already quite accepted that I won't be getting my phone back. I just hope the guy who took it would be recognizable on the camera. They asked me if I was willing to go to court and I answered, "is it scary?" They said no so I just agreed. They told me to call if I wanted to know what has happened or if there was any progress but I just didn't call anymore.

I just didn't expect it. I was on the tram so I thought I was safe but obviously I was wrong.

raynaputi
29th September 2013, 21:01
Congrats with passing the test Bong :xxgrinning--00xx3:..but I'm so sorry about your phone. You really can't trust anyone anywhere now. :NoNo: I hope they catch him.

joebloggs
29th September 2013, 21:09
:xxgrinning--00xx3: news on passing, pity about your phone :NoNo:

marksroomspain
29th September 2013, 21:13
Just plain scum :cwm23: but what goes around comes around anyway congrats on passing LIUK test :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
29th September 2013, 22:10
These :censored: vermin are everywhere. Well done passing the test

Michael Parnham
30th September 2013, 09:47
Pleased you passed the test, Congratulations, sorry to hear of your dilemma and better luck with your next cellphone! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
30th September 2013, 10:29
Congrats on passing the test. I can't believe they actually ask a question on Nick Parks films. Is this really part of Life in the UK?

Maybe they should ask questions on how careful you need to be these days using a phone in public as Theft seems to have become a major feature of life in the UK. Certainly more of a feature than Nick parks films!

Sorry you had to experience losing your phone.

tone
2nd October 2013, 22:56
Well done for passing the test - my wife is taking it tomorrow - we too will arrive early!

Sorry to hear about the phone!

Did you take the online tests? Just wondering how different the questions were?

Tone

sars_notd_virus
2nd October 2013, 23:02
lessons learned!! ...don't bring out your fone again especially on crowded places ..Congrats on passing the test:xxgrinning--00xx3: