PDA

View Full Version : Online Shopping Philippines

KeithD
25th September 2013, 16:21
Do you make use of online shopping Philippines?

In the UK when we shop online, their are a number of laws to protect us, so in the event of the goods not turning up, or being not as described, we usually get our money back. However, when it come to online shopping Philippines would you trust it? I am well aware of the postal system with many things going missing, and when they do turn up, having to pay 'extra' fees to get the parcel. :cwm24:

So do people use online shopping Philippines, or do you stick to bricks and mortar shops?

Michael Parnham
25th September 2013, 19:57
Never bought anything online, don't trust internet!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
25th September 2013, 20:11

We buy almost everything online, except fresh food of course..it's very handy (at least here in the UK)! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

When it comes to online shopping in the Philippines, as long as the seller is local, they are pretty good. Items are usually sent via local courier companies like LBC, Xend, Air21, etc. But once you buy items from overseas (i.e from ebay), expect that it'll be tied up with problems.

Number one problem will be the delivery date. It will usually take at least 2 weeks for items to arrive to the Philippines, unless of course the buyer would prefer a fast track courier like FedEx, DHL, etc. If the buyer will opt for the regular post, items will pass the post office.

The 2nd problem will be the customs fee. Whether the items will pass through the post office or delivered by private courier companies, expect that items will have customs fee. And trust me, the way customs fee are calculated are absurd. You will have a headache! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
25th September 2013, 22:34
Never bought anything online, don't trust internet! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neither have I, Michael :nono-1-1: ... other than plane and train tickets. Oh ... and I once bought a couple of 364 ink cartridges for my printer at a special knock-down price.

fred
25th September 2013, 23:24
Do you make use of online shopping Philippines?

In the UK when we shop online, their are a number of laws to protect us, so in the event of the goods not turning up, or being not as described, we usually get our money back. However, when it come to online shopping Philippines would you trust it? I am well aware of the postal system with many things going missing, and when they do turn up, having to pay 'extra' fees to get the parcel. :cwm24:

So do people use online shopping Philippines, or do you stick to bricks and mortar shops?

Ali express seems quite good.. Get some really good prices from chinese suppliers without actually dealing with them directly.. Shipping price is quite often included in price.
Ali express don't ask for payment until goods are delivered and fit for purpose..
Customer reviews seem quite good..

http://www.aliexpress.com/

Terpe
26th September 2013, 19:43

I can understand exactly why you think that Michael..........so much negative stuff gets reported about identity theft, internet scams and rip-offs etc.

Having said that, we're more like Rayna in that we buy loads of goods and services via internet. Can't remember the last time we booked a holiday that wasn't an online transaction.
My wife orders lots of stuff from Amazon for example. In fact even today she bought some net laundry bags. Just so easy to find what you want...order it...pay and get it delivered.
Just so convenient.

Mind you clothes, shoes and handbags never online......she enjoy the shopping 'chase' and experience too much.

Never done any online Philippine shopping though.
Must say this....whenever we've bought something in Philippines, they almost always deliver it exactly when we want......no matter how short lead time.
Now, compare that to most UK shops :Erm:

raynaputi
26th September 2013, 20:12
I frequently order online when I was in the Philippines. These are usually from sellers/resellers of clothes, bags, etc. but nothing like the big shops here in the UK. The payment can either be via Paypal or bank transfer. I always get it on time unless no one is at home to receive it (then it will be redelivered or pickup from the courier branch). The sellers usually use LBC, Air21, Xend or 2Go courier and I haven't had any bad experience yet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th September 2013, 20:21
I frequently order online when I was in the Philippines. These are usually from sellers/resellers of clothes, bags, etc. but nothing like the big shops here in the UK. The payment can either be via Paypal or bank transfer. I always get it on time unless no one is at home to receive it (then it will be redelivered or pickup from the courier branch). The sellers usually use LBC, Air21, Xend or 2Go courier and I haven't had any bad experience yet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice info Rayna.....I think we'll give it go and see how it goes....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
26th September 2013, 20:41
used http://www.lazada.com.ph/ few months ago to buy computer tablet for relative, think it was delivered within 2 days, not sure about quality of product as never seen a tablet before but its been working since he got it :smile:

raynaputi
26th September 2013, 20:47
used http://www.lazada.com.ph/ few months ago to buy computer tablet for relative, think it was delivered within 2 days, not sure about quality of product as never seen a tablet before but its been working since he got it :smile:

Thanks for this site! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I have to tell my siblings about this in case they are looking for alternatives other than ebay. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2013, 07:59
Thanks Rayna And Peter for your comments, but I may be old fashioned because I like to be able to talk to someone or see who I'm giving my money to. When I book my flights I call the travel agent (STA) first, and then go to Sheffield to pay them and collect my E ticket, whilst in Sheffield have a day out to make it a nice experience!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
27th September 2013, 09:10
....whilst in Sheffield have a day out to make it a nice experience!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You're easily pleased :icon_lol: