PDA

View Full Version : new here

mats
25th September 2013, 14:12
hi everyone.
I'm just new here, just actually joined today. I just wanted to ask if there's anybody who can help or advise me on starting a cargo shipping business, i'm planning to start a CARGO Business (sending cargo boxes to Phils from UK - door to door) but really don't know where to start, and what are the things do I have to do, if there's anyone who knows about this kind of stuff I will greatly appreciate your advise and answers. thank you very much in advance!

Terpe
25th September 2013, 14:40
Hello mats, welcome here.

So you've no knowledge or experience at all about this business??
I feel that's just too big an ask...... no offence.

Perhaps you'd be best advised to seek out opportunities as an agent (collections/deliveries) for one of the major players (eg Forex LBC etc) At least that way you'd be best placed to fully understand how the business works, the legislation and certification involved and how to build reliable contacts both in UK and Philippines.

It's too serious a business to start out 'half-cocked' IMHO

gWaPito
25th September 2013, 14:47
Welcome to the forum Mats :Hellooo:

Good luck

Cheers
Gwapito

Arthur Little
25th September 2013, 16:16
Mats ... :welcomex:!

:iagree: with my friend and co-Moderator, Terpe; to even try and advise anyone on a business venture of the type you've described would be a MAMMOTH task - beyond our remit - and best~handled by one or other of the key players mentioned.

We wish you good luck with your quest. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th September 2013, 20:05
Welcome to the forum Mat, Good luck, it wont be an easy ride! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

highlander01
26th September 2013, 22:23
Good luck Mats. From what I've heard , the best way to build a small business in the Phils is to start with a large business (!) but maybe you have found a niche there.