PDA

View Full Version : Metro Manila

Trefor
20th September 2013, 13:24
This movie is released today. However I cannot find anywhere outside of London where it is playing. Anyone else?

jake
20th September 2013, 14:14
It will be shown from October 9th onwards in Philippine cinemas.
British director with filipino actors. Definitely worth going to watch.

Dedworth
20th September 2013, 14:26
This movie is released today. However I cannot find anywhere outside of London where it is playing. Anyone else?

It will be shown from October 9th onwards in Philippine cinemas.
British director with filipino actors. Definitely worth going to watch.

That's a long way outside of London just to watch a film :biggrin:

jake
20th September 2013, 15:09

:icon_lol:

Much safer than watching it in Stratford :biggrin:

bigmarco
20th September 2013, 17:03
According to this site it's currently on in 7 cinemas although 5 of them are in London. Not sure if Sheffield or Manchester help you out that much.
http://www.filmdates.co.uk/films/6039-metro-manila/

Not sure that it will go on general release as it is in Tagalog. I did hear Mark Kermode give it a pretty good review today so you never know it could take off. Best keep an eye for the next few weeks and you may be lucky. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
20th September 2013, 17:49

Apparently..Well worth it though!
I might give it a miss..Nearly an hours flight..
I`ll wait till its on HBO nalang.

Dedworth
20th September 2013, 19:10
Googling Metro Manila Torrents brings up some results

Ako Si Jamie
20th September 2013, 20:29
Here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONsGD5Kzo7E

Ako Si Jamie
20th September 2013, 20:37
Showing at

Curzon Soho, London
Hackney Picturehouse, London
Ritzy Picturehouse, London
Vue Islington, London
Vue Shepherds Bush, London
Cornerhouse, Manchester
Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle
The Showroom, Sheffield

No Birmingham though :mad:

Terpe
21st September 2013, 08:32
That trailer looked gripping......I'd better find out more.
Seems to be the kind of movie I'd really enjoy.

Hope it doesn't have a sad ending...............Don't tell me!!!

Terpe
21st September 2013, 08:36
This film is without doubt a thriller, although the action scenes are kept to a minimum in terms of length (they do remain quite violent).

But what's shocking about it is that it's for most people the first time they're actually going to see or hear about Manila, and in this case they'll be seeing it from the bottom looking up. This film paints a rather dark picture, but a picture worth seeing: the developing world isn't a bed of roses, and things like violence and corruption do make up the everyday lives of its poorer inhabitants.

Therefore, this story is a story of struggle, and is definitively worth seeing, if only to get away from the postcard image that we may have seen of the Philippines.

Source:-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1845838/combined

No mention of any sub-titles...........yet.

chino
23rd September 2013, 18:41
Spoken to a friend in Paris and they loved it...

Also spoken to the marketing team via twitter and they will be releasing this film into more cinemas shortly :)

sars_notd_virus
23rd September 2013, 21:48
The trailer looks very interesting..I will wait till I can watch this online:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
24th September 2013, 00:14
That trailer looked gripping......I'd better find out more.
Seems to be the kind of movie I'd really enjoy.

Hope it doesn't have a sad ending...............Don't tell me!!!

Definitely gripping material Peter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Trefor
13th October 2013, 10:08
Metro Manila will be showing at the Phoenix cinema in Leicester this weekend. We will be going.

http://phoenix.org.uk/

Anyone else local want meet for drinks before?

Dave and Jhing
27th November 2013, 14:34
Hi, Here is a extract from a email from Vue cinemas for anybody that didn't already know:

The charity screenings will take place at Vue cinemas on Thursday 28th November, tickets are priced at £10 with all proceeds going to DEC's Philippines Typhoon appeal. The UN estimate that 11 million people are in urgent need of food, water and emergency shelter. Funds raised by the screenings will help the DEC and it's member agencies to provide immediate assistance to those affected by Typhoon Haiyan.

Hope you all enjoy the film :smile:

Dave and Jhing
28th November 2013, 10:32
Hi Guy, I tried posting this yesterday but being a newbie I obviously did something wrong :doh

Here an extract from an email from Vue cinemas:

The charity screenings will take place at Vue cinemas on Thursday 28th November, tickets are priced at £10 with all proceeds going to DEC's Philippines Typhoon appeal. The UN estimate that 11 million people are in urgent need of food, water and emergency shelter. Funds raised by the screenings will help the DEC and it's member agencies to provide immediate assistance to those affected by Typhoon Haiyan

Enjoy to movie