PDA

View Full Version : Cold UK

mendoza82
20th September 2013, 08:02
brr cold,for almost 3 weeks been here in the uk,i would say the more days passes by the colder it gets,i cant go out without wearing jackets,with 2 top under :biggrin:socks and rubber shoes,jeans.wow where my summer dress and shorts gone??well in the closet..lol
the other night it was :freezin:cold for me,8 degrees wow..brrr.
Everytime we go out meet friends or family the usual question they ask ''HOW ARE YOU?''and my answer is alwayS ''IM COLD''..
And the funny thing about it they replied ''This is nothing yet,:omg:wait for the winter'':yikes:..and i replied back ''I;LL BE DEAD BY THEN..:icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
20th September 2013, 09:15
Cold ? :cwm25:

Wait til it's warmer to sit in the fridge than to sit outside. :icon_lol:

Terpe
20th September 2013, 09:29
I'm sure you'll feel excited when we get those hoary frosty mornings at minus 5 C but a sun smiling down from beautiful blue sky making our breath look like steam.

Take a camera out and get some great shots :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I won't mention the dark cold damp days that last forever, it'll just get me down and force to search for cheap flights to the Philippines.

Enjoy UK weather:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
20th September 2013, 12:37
Just dress accordingly and enjoy, you'll be fine Mendoza! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
20th September 2013, 13:45
hahaha she makes me laugh wait til the real winter comes if you think its cold now lol

Moy
20th September 2013, 14:26
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin: brrrr

les_taxi
20th September 2013, 14:59
going to be 22c this sunday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
20th September 2013, 15:05
going to be 22c this sunday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Great BBQ then

Mrs.smart
20th September 2013, 18:21
Everytime i complain about weather, my husband's answer is always the same... " Welcome to Uk"

Ako Si Jamie
20th September 2013, 19:15
Wait till the clocks go back at the end of next month and then it gets really depressing.

stevewool
20th September 2013, 21:15
its the damp i hate, just give me a crisp winters morning with sun, you cant beat it, well walking along alona beach, now thats very very close, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa its better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
21st September 2013, 05:14
brr cold,for almost 3 weeks been here in the uk,i would say the more days passes by the colder it gets,i cant go out without wearing jackets,with 2 top under :biggrin:socks and rubber shoes,jeans.wow where my summer dress and shorts gone??well in the closet..lol
Everytime we go out meet friends or family the usual question they ask ''HOW ARE YOU?''and my answer is alwayS ''IM COLD''..
And the funny thing about it they replied ''This is nothing yet,:omg:wait for the winter'':yikes:..and i replied back ''I;LL BE DEAD BY THEN..:icon_lol::icon_lol:

When my wife arrived here in December 2009 it was plus 7...by New Years Day it was minus 9:omg:.

BTW Thank you for complimenting my boys :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:....You left the message in a chat window...I've got into the habit of leaving pc on and leaving myself signed on..I tried to PM you but, yours isn't turn't on:smile:...Anyway mendoza82, Thanks again :smile:

raynaputi
21st September 2013, 10:27
You'll get use to it. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I can wear my summer clothes inside the house. I'm lucky that it's always around 22-25 C inside the house everyday! :biggrin: The only advantage of Keith having an arthritis, he can't have a cold house or else his joints would be swollen! :icon_lol:

mendoza82
11th October 2013, 20:50
Another :freezin::freezin::freezin:night

elve_page
11th October 2013, 21:15

Same here...:36_1_26[1]:

stevewool
11th October 2013, 21:43

no night should be cold when you have a partner :do_it:

gWaPito
11th October 2013, 21:49

well, you'll be comforted to know, you won't get used to the cold :xxgrinning--00xx3:....you'll just have to get used to wearing clothes, both in and out the house. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
11th October 2013, 21:57
I keep telling mine the warmest place is in bed.:icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
11th October 2013, 22:01
no night should be cold when you have a partner :do_it:

I'll agree with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
12th October 2013, 09:47
I'll agree with that!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lol but my husband works at night, poor me

Michael Parnham
12th October 2013, 10:51
Don't worry Mendoza, you will adapt given time, Maritess has been here approx 16 months now and has adjusted to our climate quite well, she has always worn the correct clothing as and when required and it's worked well for her. My tip for you would be to wear loose clothing in order to become warm and comfortable, also when in bed wear some bed socks and use a hot water bottle, just trying to help you, good luck and keep warm! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
12th October 2013, 12:25
Don't worry Mendoza, you will adapt given time, Maritess has been here approx 16 months now and has adjusted to our climate quite well

I spotted my first filipina wife walking in town a while back. ..she was wearing one of the many coats and pairs of boots I bought her before she left 7 years ago ( goes to show quality clothing lasts :icon_lol:). ..nothing strange in that. ..except it was in July.

Many other Asian nationalities here in Swindon apart from Filipino. They too, feel the cold. .nothing wrong in that, so do I. ..I've had my heating on for over a month. . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You are right though Michael. .They adapt. .just like we do in The Philippines :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
12th October 2013, 14:39
:bigcry: cold indeed:Brick:

han
12th October 2013, 16:18
I'm currently working in a factory here in the Borders so as you can imagine the environment it's like a huge freezer :freezin:
I'm quite happy that the task is not that difficult so I disregard the temperature, for me still the same temp inside and outside. Just wear proper clothing, :xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin: Eventually you will get use to it mendoza82.

Michael Parnham
12th October 2013, 17:18
I'm currently working in a factory here in the Borders so as you can imagine the environment it's like a huge freezer :freezin:
I'm quite happy that the task is not that difficult so I disregard the temperature, for me still the same temp inside and outside. Just wear proper clothing, :xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin: Eventually you will get use to it mendoza82.

Spot on Han! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
12th October 2013, 19:47
Don't worry Mendoza, you will adapt given time, Maritess has been here approx 16 months now and has adjusted to our climate quite well, she has always worn the correct clothing as and when required and it's worked well for her. My tip for you would be to wear loose clothing in order to become warm and comfortable, also when in bed wear some bed socks and use a hot water bottle, just trying to help you, good luck and keep warm!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thank u so much michael very much appreciated

mendoza82
12th October 2013, 19:49

thank you han,yeah i know that,but i know u understand me as well right?since i been here just more than a month ago,i am happy that everyone here u know trying to make me feel used the weather which is thats im trying to do..thank u han :smile: :smile:

mendoza82
12th October 2013, 19:50
:bigcry: cold indeed:Brick:

we gonna have to used it isnt it moy lol

grahamw48
12th October 2013, 21:59
Had to strip off walking home from Tesco tonight...in a sweat. http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4530/ku2.gif

Leen
13th October 2013, 02:53
cold for me outside but inside the house i just wear t-shirts :biggrin:you'll get used to it :smile:

Moy
13th October 2013, 11:30
we gonna have to used it isnt it moy lol

dont think so:xxaction-smiley-047:cwm3::olddude:

mendoza82
13th October 2013, 11:36
]dont think so:xxaction-smiley-047:cwm3::olddude:[/QUOTE]

i like you moy u making me laugh,wether u like it or not we have to get used to it:smile::smile:

Moy
13th October 2013, 11:53
]dont think so:xxaction-smiley-047:cwm3::olddude:

i like you moy u making me laugh,wether u like it or not we have to get used to it:smile::smile:[/QUOTE]

To truly laugh:wink:, you must be able to take your pain:wink:, and play with :wink: