PDA

View Full Version : old post

stevewool
20th September 2013, 07:25
well i am bored and nothing to do for a few hours, so what better thing to do other then wash the pots, hover the house and clean the windows, is to look at all my old threads and messages on here :NoNo::NoNo:
I wonder where have all the people gone who have come on here asking for advice then you never hear from them again, also old so called friends where are they now,
Time does fly and people do change and with over 3 years on here i must have changed too,
Right back to the washing before Ems catches me out :hoovering: :ironing::laundry::caddy:

joebloggs
20th September 2013, 07:49
I wonder where have all the people gone who have come on here asking for advice then you never hear from them again, also old so called friends where are they now,

hit and runners, take what they need and go :biggrin: then reappear when they need help again :NoNo:

SimonH
20th September 2013, 08:04
well i am bored and nothing to do for a few hours, so what better thing to do other than wash the pots, hover the house and clean the windows, is to look at all my old threads and messages on here :NoNo::NoNo:
Time does fly and people do change and with over 3 years on here i must have changed too,
Right back to the washing before Ems catches me out :hoovering::ironing::laundry::caddy:

Hey, where do you get one of these new fangled hover houses from :Erm:
I want one :wink:

jake
20th September 2013, 08:40
Time does fly and people do change and with over 3 years on here i must have changed too

Yep, you have heard every debate and realized that no one has managed to change another persons way of thinking :wink:

grahamw48
20th September 2013, 09:12
I still had some black hair when I started posting. :icon_lol:

Terpe
20th September 2013, 09:16

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I still had some hair :biggrin:

Terpe
20th September 2013, 09:24
Some folks are just searching the internet for any kind of help with their own issues. They land up here, join and ask for information to help resolve their problem and that's it. Maybe just not 'forum folks' or just feel they have nothing to contribute.
At least they always find sensible and accurate advice.

Sad in a way when people feel they have nothing to contribute, we all have experiences, ideas, values and opinions worth sharing.

Joe, you're right there are those who join and pop in from time to time solely to take.
They never update or mention that the forum helped, then pop up again for more help some time later. Not much to do about that.

joebloggs
20th September 2013, 10:50
everyone should 'pay it back' or like the film 'pay it forward' :biggrin:

if not there wouldn't be a forum, if not for the stalwarts on here keeping it going for those now and in the future need advice and help :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
20th September 2013, 12:11
everyone should 'pay it back' or like the film 'pay it forward' :biggrin:

if not there wouldn't be a forum, if not for the stalwarts on here keeping it going for those now and in the future need advice and help :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I fully agree Joe - you and Terpe hand out a vast amount of invaluable advice

Michael Parnham
20th September 2013, 12:21
Well, one thing's for sure, I won't disappear from the forum because to me, you are all my friends! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
20th September 2013, 13:24
I often wonder what became of HopeUK - flew out to Manila, met the girl for a couple of hours then changed his ticket and came back. A year or so later he was on his way again to see another one. Bit of a love & peace character IIRC

Then there was another one - posted a few instalments of his story then left us hanging in the air as the train supposedly carrying the Pinay nurse he'd met online pulled into Belfast Victoria St Station. I think he'd travelled there from Eseex/Kent or suchlike

grahamw48
20th September 2013, 13:42
I fully agree Joe - you and Terpe hand out a vast amount of invaluable advice

I'll second that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
20th September 2013, 13:58
Steve, YOU are appreciated, and you’re also a good friend :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

I agree with what has been said here, and would just like to add that I appreciate what EACH of you have contributed – not just on this thread but also to our Forum :smile:.

There are indeed a good number of “ transient posters “ who take information from the Forum. Some also contribute and show promise … only to disappear :doh. But FAR outweighing them are the loyal regular contributors to whom many of us are grateful.

When I joined 4 years ago I never expected to contribute on so many health topics – it’s certainly kept me up to date, and to my knowledge I’m not on any ignore lists, nor received “ negative rep “ :biggrin: ! I’ve also gained a great deal from the range of expertise freely available. Long may the Forum be successful :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

lordna
20th September 2013, 14:18
Hmmm!..well it seems i have been on here since October 2009!

No plans on leaving the forum at all. Maybe i don't start that many threads but do try to contribute what i can even if others don't like my opinion. Its a good friendly place on here and i seem to find myself looking on here everyday.

Perhaps i will make an effort to contribute more. well done steve for reminding us all.

Ako Si Jamie
20th September 2013, 19:31
I've always wondered what happened to the members who have racked up several thousand posts and then seem to disappear off the face of the earth. Englishman was a great poster, what happened to him? - and bornatbirth, he was a mod too, and most recently StevieC. He went off to the Phils and hasn't been seen for several months.

I did get a message from Scott, a long standing member who goes by the name of Scott & Ligaya this week. I've met him several times in Birmingham and he's busy working abroad at the moment.

stevewool
20th September 2013, 19:47

you mean strands:biggrin:

stevewool
20th September 2013, 19:50
Hmmm!..well it seems i have been on here since October 2009!

No plans on leaving the forum at all. Maybe i don't start that many threads but do try to contribute what i can even if others don't like my opinion. Its a good friendly place on here and i seem to find myself looking on here everyday.

Perhaps i will make an effort to contribute more. well done steve for reminding us all.

we all cant be great thread starters but we all can listen and read and sometimes give advice, that is all we need someone to listen sometimes

stevewool
20th September 2013, 19:52
I've always wondered what happened to the members who have racked up several thousand posts and then seem to disappear off the face of the earth. Englishman was a great poster, what happened to him? - and bornatbirth, he was a mod too, and most recently StevieC. He went off to the Phils and hasn't been seen for several months.

I did get a message from Scott, a long standing member who goes by the name of Scott & Ligaya this week. I've met him several times in Birmingham and he's busy working abroad at the moment.

englishman is on facebook , he is a very busy chap, steve c well i have spoken to him and florsel and again just busy, just like scott,

grahamw48
20th September 2013, 19:52
I have feelings ! :cwm3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYMID5qCdE

stevewool
20th September 2013, 19:53
I'll second that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i too second that, so is that a third now:Erm:

Terpe
20th September 2013, 20:10
Without regular posters a forum will wither and die.
Respect to all you regular posters out there.

Of course we can't always agree on the wide range of discussion topics, that's normal. But we can give support to each other and to the forum by keeping it active and relevant.
We can be proud of the levels of activity we have and of the help we provide to all who ask.
Forums like this still have a benefit and closeness despite the rise of other social media.
I for one would love to think I can count of many folks here as friends. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks and respect to all those who stay around and contribute. Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th September 2013, 20:20
Steve, YOU are appreciated, and you’re also a good friend :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

I agree with what has been said here, and would just like to add that I appreciate what EACH of you have contributed – not just on this thread but also to our Forum :smile:.

There are indeed a good number of “ transient posters “ who take information from the Forum. Some also contribute and show promise … only to disappear :doh. But FAR outweighing them are the loyal regular contributors to whom many of us are grateful.

When I joined 4 years ago I never expected to contribute on so many health topics – it’s certainly kept me up to date, and to my knowledge I’m not on any ignore lists, nor received “ negative rep “ :biggrin: ! I’ve also gained a great deal from the range of expertise freely available. Long may the Forum be successful :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

as you say Alan i count you too as a good friend, someone who will give good advice and be there just to listen too,
A must for all members if they can is to meet up with one another, that does make such a difference

stevewool
20th September 2013, 20:22
I have feelings ! :cwm3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYMID5qCdE

this and the guinness adverts are the best

raynaputi
21st September 2013, 10:21
People come and go, we can't change that fact. I'm a member of other forums (different genres) too but after posting a few to those forums, I leave and stop posting when I get my answer or when it's already boring. But this forum will always be grateful to all the regular posters here. :xxgrinning--00xx3: