PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea 1 Basle 2

Dedworth
19th September 2013, 00:45
This was not in the brochure. This was not in the “Welcome Home Jose’’ script. This was embarrassing. Basle are a decent side with an outstanding individual in Mohamed Salah but Chelsea expected to enjoy a smooth, winning start to their Group E campaign.
Instead, as the final whistle signalled Chelsea’s first group-stage home defeat since 2003, Mourinho marched straight down the tunnel while Roman Abramovich, peering down from the emperor’s box, smiled wanly and shook his head.
Ten minutes later, Abramovich strolled across the pitch, accompanied by his minders, and headed towards the dressing-room. This was not what Abramovich and the Chelsea faithful had expected when Mourinho returned. This was more like the limp end to his first reign exactly six years ago.
After Mourinho’s pre-match talk, the headlines inevitably noted that Chelsea were left with egg on their faces. Mourinho could not point to inexperience or an over-reliance on “beautiful young eggs” as the average age was 27. Chelsea had enough possession, a fraction under 60 per cent, and enough chances, with 11 attempts on goal and nine corners, but badly lacked a cutting edge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10318608/Chelsea-1-Basle-2-match-report.html

A complete and utter disgrace :cwm23: I hope Roman took his baseball bat into the dressing room

jake
19th September 2013, 05:46
I wonder if Rooney would have made a difference :Erm:

les_taxi
19th September 2013, 06:17

I'm sure on his current form he would,I don't like him and for me he could have moved but in all honesty he is playing really well and I think he seems focused now.

KeithD
19th September 2013, 08:32
Great result :xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin:

joebloggs
19th September 2013, 08:49

he couldn't have made it worse :biggrin:

Great result :xxgrinning--00xx3: :biggrin:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
19th September 2013, 12:59
Will be at the Spurs game tonight and expecting to breeze through.
Glad Willian went to Chelsea :biggrin:

bigmarco
19th September 2013, 13:15
Not quite the start to the season that we hoped for but in Jose we trust (for the time being) :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
19th September 2013, 21:34
This week's good news :laughitupsmilie:

Pete/London
19th September 2013, 23:05
Strolled along tonight 3:0
Danny Rose played well until he limped off after 30 mins and Dembele stretchered off in 2nd half, hope its not serious.
Eriksen looks a diamond player.

bigmarco
19th September 2013, 23:10
Strolled along tonight 3:0
Danny Rose played well until he limped off after 30 mins and Dembele stretchered off in 2nd half, hope its not serious.
Eriksen looks a diamond player.

As you know from last year Pete that competition doesn't get going till the big boys are in it. Sort of reminds me of the early rounds of the FA cup at the moment :wink:

Pete/London
6th October 2013, 15:17
Update on previous post,
Wish we had signed Willian :biggrin:

Dedworth
6th October 2013, 21:57
Update on previous post,
Wish we had signed Willian :biggrin:

Yes the Y word did get a bit of a hammering earlier :smile:

Pete/London
7th October 2013, 00:30
Just hope its a bad game out the way:mad: