PDA

View Full Version : Looking for London Job Agencies

ana07cutiepie
17th September 2013, 12:21
hello everyone.. I'm Analou,

I've been in London for 10 months and been working some part time jobs like during the barrio Fiesta in Morden I was one of the staff though it was only two days, also I've been a nanny and currently now I am working as a cashier in Fulham Football Club which is a nice experience but it's only twice a month or rarely 3times a month for 6hours.. I am looking for a permanent job that would help me contribute to the family and pay some bills,. honestly, it is so difficult to find a job as I don't have a long time experience.. I graduated at the year 2012 of March got married at April 2012 went to Austria for 3months July till Sept. and got my EEA family permit and been here since Nov. 25, 2012..

A lot of people said that I should look for agency as that's the good way to start and build a good experience..but my problem is I don't know any agency that are based in London.. does anyone here knows some agency? Please I really need your help..:cwm3:

THANKS EVERYONE!

Dedworth
17th September 2013, 14:06
There must be hundreds in London:smile:

http://www.adecco.co.uk/

http://www.randstad.co.uk/

http://www.reed.co.uk/

bigmarco
17th September 2013, 15:04
What sort of work are you looking for as there are so many agencies in London :smile:

SimonH
17th September 2013, 15:32
Try looking on Gumtree

bigmarco
17th September 2013, 15:38
Try looking on Gumtree

A good idea Simon. My wife got both her Nanny jobs from Gumtree.
But a note of caution when dealing with people on Gumtree as there have been one or two bad experiences. I took my wife to both interviews just to be on the safe side.

ana07cutiepie
17th September 2013, 19:57
There must be hundreds in London:smile:

http://www.adecco.co.uk/

http://www.randstad.co.uk/

http://www.reed.co.uk/

Hello Dedworth :Wave:

Thanks for these websites :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I know the 3rd one and I'm registered there, the rest I will register today.. thank you very much! :Jump:

ana07cutiepie
17th September 2013, 20:01
What sort of work are you looking for as there are so many agencies in London :smile:

Hello Bigmarco :Wave:

I'm looking for job like hospitality, sales assistant in a shop, or working as a bar staff.. There are a lot of jobs on gumtree but the prob is they are looking for experience which I don't have much or at all.. :cwm3: I am on gumtree too and got some interviews but then as I said if they ask the question about experience I am absolutely out of the list.

Thank you :)

Dedworth
17th September 2013, 20:15
Hello Dedworth :Wave:

Thanks for these websites :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I know the 3rd one and I'm registered there, the rest I will register today.. thank you very much! :Jump:

Hi Analou - also have a look at www.manpower.co.uk

Good luck I'm sure you'll find something soon

Terpe
17th September 2013, 20:28
Nice help Dedworth :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ana07cutiepie
21st September 2013, 16:04
thanks guys for the help :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st September 2013, 18:20
Hello Bigmarco :Wave:

I'm looking for job like hospitality, sales assistant in a shop, or working as a bar staff.. There are a lot of jobs on gumtree but the prob is they are looking for experience which I don't have much or at all.. :cwm3: I am on gumtree too and got some interviews but then as I said if they ask the question about experience I am absolutely out of the list.

Thank you :)

I think you will find the sales assistant job the most pleasant and reliable (of those you've listed)...plus opportunities for advancement.

I have one or two Filipina friends/relations who've been working in supermarkets, and they really seem to enjoy the work. One of them has now been promoted to supervisor. :smile:

ana07cutiepie
2nd October 2013, 20:02
I think you will find the sales assistant job the most pleasant and reliable (of those you've listed)...plus opportunities for advancement.

I have one or two Filipina friends/relations who've been working in supermarkets, and they really seem to enjoy the work. One of them has now been promoted to supervisor. :smile:

hello grahamw48 :Wave: I would love to have a job like that but my problem is they never give me any chance to work as a sales assistant as they know that I have no experience :cwm3: it only works if you have a friend working already there and then u get the chance with or without experience.. but since I don't know anyone so here I am looking and looking :D wish me luck! Thanks for the great advice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd October 2013, 21:19
They've got what look like asylum seekers on some of the checkouts at my local Tesco....so I don't know what experience they were supposed to have ! :NoNo:

Good luck, and don't give up. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
2nd October 2013, 21:23
They've got what look like asylum seekers on some of the checkouts at my local Tesco....so I don't know what experience they were supposed to have ! :NoNo:

They're there as experienced shop lifters, they're employed as they can spot other shop lifters before anyone else through years of practice :wink:

grahamw48
2nd October 2013, 23:08
I hope the ones heading for Australia will consider learning how to swim. :cwm25:

sexiimulditah
3rd October 2013, 15:12
Hello Ann..ur still working in FFC????yow Fulham supporter over here ^______^ come on you whites lol

ana07cutiepie
18th October 2013, 19:42
Hello Ann..ur still working in FFC????yow Fulham supporter over here ^______^ come on you whites lol

hello sexiimulditah :) yes I am still working there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
18th October 2013, 19:48

Another reason to avoid this rogue trader - not content with flogging you horsemeat they have you deal with dodgy grubs who've just jumped off the back of a lorry having left their wives and kids in some far flung cesspit

Arthur Little
19th October 2013, 00:27
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... goodluck, Analou. :smile:

ana07cutiepie
21st October 2013, 12:09
thanks Arthur Little :Wave::biggrin:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... goodluck, Analou. :smile: