PDA

View Full Version : New Member

RAFPhil
16th September 2013, 22:18
Hello everyone,

I am a new member, and recently married.

Currently am based in North Yorkshire but from the North West. My wife Jean lives in Manila Navotas.

I have travelled to the Phils 8 times to be with my g/f now wife, love the people but not a massive fan of the food..........Balut :Cuckoo:

Or the British Embassy after the insanity of getting the docs ready for the wedding. Cert of no impediment on the wrong paper WTF!!!

I have joined the site for advice on my spouse visa if I should use an agent any recommended and hopefully to meet new people for when my missus arrives in the UK (fingers xed).

Hello all!!

Jamesey
16th September 2013, 23:02
Welcome! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You'll not find many fans of the balut here! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Rosie1958
16th September 2013, 23:18
Welcome to the forum, Phil :Wave:

grahamw48
16th September 2013, 23:25
Welcome to the forum (and N.Yorks) Phil. :Wave:

I think most here would say you were wasting your time and money on 'agents'.

In fact, you've struck lucky, because we have some kind, generous and experienced members who will be able to guide you through the whole process...at no cost to you at all. :smile:

Have a look through the forum section dealing with spouse visa applications first though, then ask away. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th September 2013, 06:50
you dont need a agent, you do need lots of money , welcome and just ask any question like Graham says

Terpe
17th September 2013, 08:45
Welcome aboard Filipino UK Phil :welcomex:

As others have said, agents / immigration advisors are not really needed unless there are some major complications with the application.
The thing is that you don't want to forget or miss anything. You don't want to cut any corners, you do want to be sure all requirements are done and dusted, all supporting documents included.
In short be fully compliant with immigration rules and minimise all risks.

Most people do it themselves and very successfully too.

But.... if you really can't give the time and attention needed, or you feel there are some weaknesses or complications that pull down your self-confidence, then by all means consider getting some help.
There's more than enough here on the forum, but if you've got the budget get some professional assistance.

You can always double check your advisor's advice here :biggrin:

Also do be sure that whoever you take on has experience with similar application cases to yours.

There's a lot of people out there just waiting for your money. There are no short cuts or guarantees for a spouse visa. Remember advisors cannot do the real work for you, they cannot collect all the documented evidence. You still need to do that yourself.
All they can do is ask you to supply information and the UKBA required documentation.

Above all do not engage any agent in Philippines. :NoNo:

Dedworth
17th September 2013, 08:59
Above all do not engage any agent in Philippines. :NoNo:

If you'd had a tenner for every time you gave this correct advice ....................:smile:

Michael Parnham
17th September 2013, 09:40
Welcome to the forum Phil, good luck with your future plans! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
17th September 2013, 10:11
Hi Phil and welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
17th September 2013, 13:14
:welcomex:, Phil ... lots of good, FREE advice to be had on this friendly website - without going to the unnecessay expense of hiring an agency. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RAFPhil
17th September 2013, 20:18
Cheers everyone :smile:

Yep organising the A1 test now AND a big thankyou already to TERPE:xxgrinning--00xx3: for the thread on what to do.... AWESOME, the UKBA website may as well be in text Tagalog!!!!!!

Dedworth
17th September 2013, 20:28
Are you in the Royal Air Force Phil ?

Terpe
17th September 2013, 20:30

That's what I was thinking too............

gWaPito
17th September 2013, 22:22
Hi Phil:Hellooo:...Welcome to the forum..Good luck with your wife's spouse visa application:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's not a lottery:NoNo:..if you tick all the boxes, you're gonna get your wife here to the UK, no problem

Cheers
Gwaps

RAFPhil
17th September 2013, 22:35
Yes I am in the RAF, 90SU RAF Leeming.

raynaputi
17th September 2013, 22:37

That's what I was thinking too............

Based on his username, that's what I thought too :Erm: .. Keith's been with the RAF..but oh soooo long story why he left..it involved chicken..:coolchickendance: hence he's trying to eat all of it as a revenge hahaha..:icon_lol:

Anyway, welcome to the forum Phil! :Wave:

Akilah Blythe
18th September 2013, 00:28
Welcome to the forum. I agree with the other members, it isn't necessary to consult any agents unless the situation is not straight forward. It might be worth for you to search through this friendly website about spouse visa and you'll come up with loads of advice. In addition to that, you can go to home office/ukba website for the list of requirements.

stevewool
18th September 2013, 06:54
.. Keith's been with the RAF..but oh soooo long story why he left..it involved chicken..:coolchickendance:

you cant just leave it there rayna, tell us more

raynaputi
18th September 2013, 09:16
you cant just leave it there rayna, tell us more

When he joined the RAF, he said he and some of the lads there got food poisoning. The food served that time, which was chicken, wasn't cooked properly and they got salmonella.:doh Unfortunately for him, that started all the health problems he has and doctors don't know why up to this date. :NoNo:

So now, as a revenge, he never stopped eating chicken and wants to eat every chicken in the world! :crazy: Hahaha :icon_lol:

Dedworth
18th September 2013, 10:12
Yes I am in the RAF, 90SU RAF Leeming.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: My Mum & Dad were both in the RAF - I hope the visa process runs swift & smooth for you

highlander01
19th September 2013, 00:07
Welcome Phil...

rhaichard
22nd September 2013, 13:49
welcome to the forum where you can find the answer to all your UKBA questions ... :xxgrinning--00xx3: