PDA

View Full Version : pensions

stevewool
15th September 2013, 11:10
what happens when your partner who has paid into a pension for say 6 years or more then stops work,
The pension i believe would be frozen, but what would happen if you leave the country and never come back, but you are a british citizen , your age when you finnish work would be 43 so what is the date they could draw on that too

Terpe
16th September 2013, 08:34
what happens when your partner who has paid into a pension for say 6 years or more then stops work,
The pension i believe would be frozen, but what would happen if you leave the country and never come back, but you are a british citizen , your age when you finnish work would be 43 so what is the date they could draw on that too

Depends on the pension, but usually the pension gets 'frozen' (some get uplifted at a nominal rate)
Same with the age at which it can be claimed, depends on the scheme.
The individual's claim on that pension remains.

stevewool
16th September 2013, 20:00
thanks Peter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th September 2013, 20:24
thanks Peter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You know my thinking on that pension of Emma Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:
For the investment she is making now, the future benefits will be amazing. Keep it going as long as she can...........it's a winner. Very few pensions will ever be that good again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
16th September 2013, 21:00
i know that Peter, i have even offered to go to bohol myself, then she can stay here working and putting all the money into her pension, but sending me money so i can support myself and the maid , :yikes::yikes::yikes:

tiger31
17th September 2013, 02:27
i know that Peter, i have even offered to go to bohol myself, then she can stay here working and putting all the money into her pension, but sending me money so i can support myself and the maid , :yikes::yikes::yikes:

LOL your dreaming again stevie boy :biggrin:

Terpe
17th September 2013, 06:34

What a coincidence......I've offered the same to Carina........got a right black look back:yikes: