PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 19:24
Just joined the site.
I am a professional person looking for a filipina wife.
I am not silly so someone a similar age to myself would be fantastic. I am 49 just.

I would really like someone who is already in the UK.

Many thanks
And have a wonderful evening.
Peter

Terpe
12th September 2013, 19:40
Hi Peter, welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

You surely noticed that this forum is not your 'regular' dating site.
You'll need to be a little patient until a single lady pops up........as they do from time to time.
Usually not based in UK though, I have to say.

How did you find us?

May I ask why you specifically look for a Filipina?

Do you have connections to the Philippines? Have you visited?
There are many cultural differences to understand and enjoy........ :smile:

Anyway good luck in your quest. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 19:52
I found you via google search.
I have never been to Philippines but have been to other countries like Malaysia and Indonesia.
The Filipinos I talked to are always very loyal and mostly catholic.
I feel safe knowing I can trust them.
Thank you for your welcome and I look forward to contributing more.
Peter

stevewool
12th September 2013, 19:55
hi there Peter, well you have started well in looking for a filipina,
To go to the phils is a must sometime in the near future and good luck in trying to find someone,

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 20:09
Ah thank you Steve

Terpe
12th September 2013, 20:14
.....Thank you for your welcome and I look forward to contributing more.
Peter

I'm glad you plan to stay around and have the intention to contribute to our friendly online community.
You may find that the best path to follow.

But then, as Steve suggests, a visit to the Philippines would be one of the most enjoyable experiences you could imagine. (maybe I a little biased :biggrin:)
There's a broad range of folks here to share ideas, experiences and who knows .........maybe introductions :coeurtendre:

Take time to understand the culture better before randomly targeting a Filipina for a wife.
There's much more to Filipina's than being catholic and seemingly loyal.

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 20:27
Oh yes I know. I have some parents of the children at school are from the Philippines. They always make me feel welcome. I know of some of the values they hold and respect those.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Peter

stevewool
12th September 2013, 20:37
have you tried the dating/talking sites, i went that way and after 3 years of talking and getting to know each and going to the phils to meet her and her family too,
We have been married 3 years this coming october, so i would say the sites do work, but it takes a little time to find the one that you are meant to

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 20:40
Hi steve yes I'm on one of those. Unfortunately I get lots of emails from 18 to 23.
Because of my work my holidays are not until April now so I would be looking to go then.
That does give me time to chat as you say.
I still hope to find a lady in the UK really.
But who knows love may come my way
Peter

raynaputi
12th September 2013, 20:55
I have an aunt..she's Filipina but working in Kuwait for more than 5 years. She's the same age as you and widowed for more than 10 years already. :biggrin:

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 21:00
Really sounds interesting
What can I do ?
Peter

raynaputi
12th September 2013, 21:23
Do you have a Facebook account so I can pass it on to her. :biggrin:

Peter239653
12th September 2013, 21:40
I have email no fb we aren't allowed its a school rule
Is that ok if I pass u my email

Michael Parnham
12th September 2013, 22:28
Welcome to the forum Peter, good luck with your quest!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
12th September 2013, 23:41

hi peter ,what kind of school ur in? even schools in philippines allow facebook

Peter239653
13th September 2013, 18:52
The education authority are quite strict on it because parents have previously bullied teachers on it or teachers have misused it and added children

Terpe
13th September 2013, 19:02
The education authority are quite strict on it because parents have previously bullied teachers on it or teachers have misused it and added children

Good evening Peter, glad to see you still around :xxgrinning--00xx3:
BTW my name is Peter also :wink:

Peter239653
13th September 2013, 19:13
Hi Peter
Yes nice to be on
It's only evening time here in london

Terpe
13th September 2013, 19:20
Hi Peter
Yes nice to be on
It's only evening time here in london

Ah yes, it's evening time here in darkest Northampton too.
The local news is full of doom and gloom as our local university expects a big freshers arrival tomorrow.
I've noticed the supermarkets have received their extra deliveries of baked beans and alcohol in readiness :icon_lol:

Dedworth
13th September 2013, 19:21

Good idea it has brought a lot of grief.
Best of luck with your mission.

Peter239653
13th September 2013, 19:26
Lol about the baked beans :-)
And thanks dedworth

stevewool
13th September 2013, 19:31
so out of school hours Peter you cannot use facebook either, do you lodge at the school , just tell me if i am to nosey

raynaputi
13th September 2013, 20:07

Hi Peter,

I asked about Facebook because my aunt has an account there and it's the easiest way in contacting her (plus you'd both have and idea how each of you looks). She also rarely uses her email and we only communicate too thru Facebook.

Anyway, I can access your profile since I'm an assistant admin of this forum. Would you want me to use the email you are using in this forum?

South-east boy
14th September 2013, 14:18

Could you not have a Facebook account, but not use your real full name? Maybe use your mother's maiden name as your surname? Obviously not mention your job on it and don't add anyone related to the school on it and just have your friends and family on it.

By the way, I'm not sure if you know, but April is the hottest month in most of Philippines!

Please be careful on the dating sites as there are quite a few who are not genuine, are after money etc or even live in African countries!

grahamw48
14th September 2013, 15:43
I can never understand all this fuss about facebook.

It's up to the individual exactly what they want others to see, whether they're 'tagged' in the pictures of others, and whether they use their real name . Messaging and 'chat' from others can also be controlled. Just use the security tools provided.

I agree though, that it is better to separate ones's professional from one's social life, particularly in the case of those with 'sensitive' occupations.

Arthur Little
14th September 2013, 16:18
Peter ... as previously mentioned, we're not a 'dating site' in the true sense of the words. Nonetheless, we wish you luck with your quest. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:welcomex:, therefore, to our friendly, online filipino/uk community. :smile:

highlander01
15th September 2013, 23:01
On many of the dating sites you can expressly search for people about your age or put in your profile that you are only looking for women in your chosen age range.

That will stop or reduce the numerous requests from 18 - 23 year old women. They can be so annoying .... :Cuckoo:

grahamw48
15th September 2013, 23:43
Agreed...dreadful. :hubbahubba: :icon_lol:

Peter239653
21st September 2013, 17:14
Good idea thanks

andy222
21st September 2013, 19:54
I have to agree with what some have said. Welcome Peter and you must visit the philippines.:xxgrinning--00xx3:.