PDA

View Full Version : living in the uk test

tiger31
10th September 2013, 08:14
I have just tried this test and failed badly what a load of bullshit how is my g f supposed to pass this test ? she can write and speak english fine sometimes better than me but she won,t know many of these questions

raynaputi
10th September 2013, 09:53
By reading the official Life in the UK book, she can. All the questions come from there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
10th September 2013, 10:00
:crazy: I failed as well, when can I get my free ticket out of here :Erm:

keith britten
15th September 2013, 04:55
I have just tried this test and failed badly what a load of bullshit how is my g f supposed to pass this test ? she can write and speak english fine sometimes better than me but she won,t know many of these questions

It's a stupid test, I've failed more times than I've passed and I have live in the uk for 60+ years.

tiger31
15th September 2013, 05:07
thats my point but is,nt this test for u.k citizenship and not settlement visa ?

tiger31
15th September 2013, 05:09
does anyone know where to have the english language test done here in bacolod city ? I would probably fail that one too as it was my worst subject at school ,can,t you tell by my spelling :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
15th September 2013, 08:38
Hi Tiger, have a look for IELTS website and it will tell you where all the IELTS test centres are all over the world including Bacolod (or the nearest one to Bacolod) Would have thought there is one not far from you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
15th September 2013, 10:28
thats my point but is,nt this test for u.k citizenship and not settlement visa ?

The Life in the UK test is a requirement for both settlement visa (ILR) and citizenship. It only has to be taken once and the test certificate with a pass mark can be used for both application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keith britten
15th September 2013, 10:36
does anyone know where to have the english language test done here in bacolod city ? I would probably fail that one too as it was my worst subject at school ,can,t you tell by my spelling :biggrin:

Is that English, English or American English with a Filipino accent?

tiger31
15th September 2013, 10:40
cheers michael next test is 12th october so i,ll put her in that one .

tiger31
15th September 2013, 10:42
Is that English, English or American English with a Filipino accent?
any test will do she,s doing my head in lol she thinks living in the u.k is a bunch of roses wait til she sees the price of rice haha

Terpe
16th September 2013, 10:06
any test will do she,s doing my head in lol she thinks living in the u.k is a bunch of roses wait til she sees the price of rice haha

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

keith britten
16th September 2013, 10:28

co-op boil in the bag rice about P18 a portion,bargain.

tiger31
16th September 2013, 10:42
co-op boil in the bag rice about P18 a portion,bargain.

no way is that right keith 3 years ago I paid 3 quid for 2 packs of uncle bens rice in asda and that was a promo .

raynaputi
16th September 2013, 13:52
We pay around £14 for a 25kg sack of long grain Tilda rice from the Chinese warehouse. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
16th September 2013, 18:29
Wow! That's a good price Rayna, we pay £16 for 10kg bag of "Green Dragon Thai fragrant rice" and I thought that was cheap!

raynaputi
16th September 2013, 19:45
Wow! That's a good price Rayna, we pay £16 for 10kg bag of "Green Dragon Thai fragrant rice" and I thought that was cheap!

Well the sack's really 20kg, but we sometimes get an extra 5kg at promo for the same price..Not bad eh? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mystica
18th October 2013, 06:05
The Life in the UK test is a requirement for both settlement visa (ILR) and citizenship. It only has to be taken once and the test certificate with a pass mark can be used for both application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you don't like to take the Life in UK test, alternatively you can take the ESOL with Citizenship instead. :wink:
I had mine done with Best Training Centre. :smile:
I didn't have much time to read the damn book as I was studying Business Administration at the time I am on process of my ILR. :admin:

ESOL with citizenship, they will interview you first so they know which level you can join. :wiggle:
On your exam day, one of the immigration staff will test your English and they will record your conversation :36_1_26[1]:
and if you pass, you will have your certificate and you can use it for your ILR and Citizenship. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
All in all its much easier than reviewing the whole damn book which most of our spouses can't even pass although they are born in UK! :yikes: (Not that I tested my husband, he will pass it for sure as he is very good in history. He's a wide reader lives in books every single day) :ReadIt:
I know many people failed Life in UK test several times! :furious3: And they are upset about it! :Brick:

Rory
30th October 2013, 12:19
My wife passed her Life in the UK test on the third attempt, she read the book, did all the tests online and was getting 24 or 25 out of 25 and was very confident of passing the first time. She failed and the first two times and said the wording of the questions were completely different to the one in the tests online.
Just another way of getting more money out of us or checking that our partners can understand and read english to a high standard. All in all, it is just another money spinning income for the government and ripping us guys off for the love of our other half's. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Michael Parnham
30th October 2013, 20:40
Congratulations to your wife Rory!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th October 2013, 22:03
My wife passed her Life in the UK test on the third attempt....

Glad to hear that Rory ...well done and congratulations to her :Jump:

Another important milestone achieved :xxgrinning--00xx3: