PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a housekeeper/cleaner in Highbury/Islington

Gemma
21st September 2007, 14:53
We are looking for a housekeeper to come in once a week to start then possibly once every 2 weeks after the first months. Hourly wage.
Please email me if you have experience and are interested. Thank you!

KeithD
21st September 2007, 16:14
Hourly wage.

That'll be AT LEAST £5.52 then!!

andypaul
21st September 2007, 18:42
psssst guv

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2006/10/13/minimum_wage_debate_feature.shtml

KeithD
21st September 2007, 21:47
That's not 'legal' though.

andypaul
21st September 2007, 22:33
Sorry boss first site that came up showing that the minimum wage is 5.35 but does raise a good point that it does not have a london allowance.

Im sure 5.35 goes further up where the friendly people live down here in moody london it hardly pays for a pint:NoNo:

fred
22nd September 2007, 09:45
We pay a Filipina cleaner a tenner an hour(cash) in London and she is very good at her job..
To be honest if we wanted we could get a number of people to work for less than a fiver (cash)in London with no problem at all..

joebloggs
22nd September 2007, 21:40
a friend i use to work with, he works with 3 others, and his boss has just employed 8 poles, he told me he lets them live on his premises, i wonder if they are on the minimum wage :NoNo:

fred
23rd September 2007, 00:54
his boss has just employed 8 poles

Perhaps he is a scaffolder Joe..
Whats the problem?

joebloggs
23rd September 2007, 03:51
:icon_lol:, :NoNo: no hes not a scaffolder, his boss is in the same industry as the company i work for, the problem is cheap labour, paying them minimum wage or less, same reasons why my boss was looking to employ a couple of eastern europeans instead of local people. but a local guy starts a months trial with us on monday, who got off his :butthead: and went around the industrial estate were on asking for work, and we already employ a polish guy, hes a good worker, but i know he is also the lowest paid :NoNo:

oh i mean't £10 an hour in the hand is good, but then if its only a few hours a week , not enough to live off, unless she can find more part time work

Shifty-Sidney
23rd September 2007, 07:31
Hi, i looked for my housekeeper for many months.....
i finally found her in bed drinking my beer:icon_lol:

fred
23rd September 2007, 07:50
Hi, i looked for my housekeeper for many months.....
i finally found her in bed drinking my beer:icon_lol:

You have all the luck Mark!! What did you do?
Join her?

fred
23rd September 2007, 07:59
:icon_lol:, :NoNo: no hes not a scaffolder, his boss is in the same industry as the company i work for, the problem is cheap labour, paying them minimum wage or less, same reasons why my boss was looking to employ a couple of eastern europeans instead of local people. but a local guy starts a months trial with us on monday, who got off his :butthead: and went around the industrial estate were on asking for work, and we already employ a polish guy, hes a good worker, but i know he is also the lowest paid :NoNo:

oh i mean't £10 an hour in the hand is good, but then if its only a few hours a week , not enough to live off, unless she can find more part time work

No..She has lots of work..Works all day long. Sends most of her cash back here though..(silly woman..What a waste!)

I know,It seems to be getting worse Joe:NoNo:..
I think I`ll stay where I am.
Do you reckon my "honeymoon period" is over yet"?

KeithD
23rd September 2007, 09:06
Do you reckon my "honeymoon period" is over yet"?

You've had a period? :omg:

fred
23rd September 2007, 09:34

Yeah..Ever since that ******* spiked my vodka orange with 3 hormone replacement pills..:angry:

I`m OK till the 15th of November...
Then..WHOOSH..Out it comes.:action-smiley-081:

ervenescence
23rd September 2007, 11:07

LOL :icon_lol: