PDA

View Full Version : photography

stevewool
7th September 2013, 12:53
anyone can help me on this,
I am thinking of getting a trigger hot shoe flash remote for my camera but which one,
The camera is a nikon d5000 and the flash i have is the yongnuo speedlite, been looking on ebay but so many and do they work with what i have , any help is welcome and no stupid remarks either:Cuckoo:

Terpe
7th September 2013, 14:11
Steve have you looked to see if your existing flash has a Wireless Flash Trigger for your camera? Probably would be the best option and likely the most cost effective.

Is that flash you have a 'dedicated flash'? If yes I definitely go the routes of the wireless trigger for your flash. If not, are you considering the purchase of a dedicated flash? Better to keep the whole system 'dedicated' IMO

The cheapest option would be a simple wireless 'slave', but I think you want something better than those cheap-as-chips little units

stevewool
7th September 2013, 14:41
i think i just want the wireless trigger, a long time ago i did get this working with a old friend and i think he used his trigger on my camera to get this working, a rf-602 , but i dont want to spend too much if this is wrong

Terpe
7th September 2013, 15:55
i think i just want the wireless trigger, a long time ago i did get this working with a old friend and i think he used his trigger on my camera to get this working, a rf-602 , but i dont want to spend too much if this is wrong

How about this then Steve (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yongnuo-Wireless-Trigger-Shutter-Transceiver/dp/B004YW79F4)

Good old Amazon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Great price ticket too

stevewool
7th September 2013, 16:44
perfect Peter, just placed the order with another supplier for an extra few pence and its coming from london, so only a few days rather then a week or so,
That will give me time to get it working and getting use to it,
Wow another present for me
Thanks again Peter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th September 2013, 19:46
perfect Peter, just placed the order with another supplier for an extra few pence and its coming from london, so only a few days rather then a week or so,
That will give me time to get it working and getting use to it,
Wow another present for me
Thanks again Peter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure you could have found it .....but glad you've ordered. It reads like it's just the job and great value too. That's nice you found a fast delievery. I always find it hard waiting for delivery.
Hope it's with you soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
11th September 2013, 20:19
well they turned up today and they look fantastic, just playing with thm and i think will take some getting use too but i am a happy chappy, :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th September 2013, 20:39
well they turned up today and they look fantastic, just playing with thm and i think will take some getting use too but i am a happy chappy, :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Great stuff Steve...
If all else fails........................read the manual:biggrin: