PDA

View Full Version : Awesome force being assembled at the Bridge

Dedworth
29th August 2013, 20:21
Samuel is Mourinho’s chosen one up front
Eto'o signs one-year deal at Chelsea

Chelsea have completed the signing of Samuel Eto’o from Anzhi Makhachkala.

Eto’o, 32, has penned a one-year deal and is in line to face Bayern Munich in the Super Cup tomorrow night.

The Cameroon striker is reported to be on £100,000 a week at Chelsea — a whopping £250,000 weekly cut from his Anzhi contract.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho worked with the hitman at Inter Milan after he fell out with former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola in 2009.

And Eto’o jumped at the chance to be reunited with the Special One at Stamford Bridge.

He said: “I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible.

“It wasn’t a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it.”

Chelsea turned to Eto’o after failing with two bids to land Manchester United ace Wayne Rooney.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5104002/Samuel-Etoo-joins-Chelsea-on-one-year-contract.html

Moyesy will be buying more brown trousers :biggrin:

andy222
29th August 2013, 21:34
Eto is past his sell by date he wont live in the premier league.He's just coming here for a quick buck.

London_Manila
29th August 2013, 21:36
So this is what football has come to now

What players the team you support can buy :crazy:

Ako Si Jamie
29th August 2013, 22:33
Yeah Eto'o is past his best. Strikers normally reach their peak around 28. He's probably better than Torres is now though who like Michael Owen peaked too early.

bigmarco
29th August 2013, 23:07
Well anything is better than Fat Boy. Personally they've signed him for a year and he cost nothing apart from his wages.
I've got a feeling that Jose has been very clever here.

joebloggs
30th August 2013, 01:15
2 words
torres :laugher: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/27/fernando-torres-not-worth-50million-says-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-3938906/

and

Van Perise :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
30th August 2013, 21:29
Why's Mourinho selling Mata and David Luiz? :Erm: