PDA

View Full Version : any thoughts on this

stevewool
27th August 2013, 20:03
we have booked to go to france , taking the car and doing the world war 2 sites and mount st michel and where ever takes our fancy,
here is the problem do we take the boat from dover to calais then drive there about 4 to five hours, so the cost of the ferry is £80 plus fuel for the driving , or take the boat from poole to cherbourg then 1 hour drive, that cost is ferry £196 plus the fuel, so to me the price is about equal doing both things , whats your thoughts

Dedworth
27th August 2013, 20:09
What about the ferry from Pompey to Le Havre ? At least it's not a French ferry

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-routes/ferry-to-france/portsmouth-le-havre/?gclid=CMC9iK-pnrkCFU_MtAodj20Aag

stevewool
27th August 2013, 20:14
only do the night run and add that to the price wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much having to purchase a cabin for the trip too

Dedworth
27th August 2013, 20:19
only do the night run and add that to the price wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much having to purchase a cabin for the trip too

Ah OK is Portsmouth Cherbourg also a no no ?

stevewool
27th August 2013, 20:43
seems they dont run on my date from portsmouth????? sept 24

Ako Si Jamie
27th August 2013, 22:05
I've done the Pompey to Le Havre route.

stevewool
27th August 2013, 22:13
i have done all the routes over the years, its down to the cost, i dont mind the driving plus i dont mind the longer sailing too, but if its a rough sea then thats different

robbie bobby
27th August 2013, 23:27
we have booked to go to france , taking the car and doing the world war 2 sites and mount st michel and where ever takes our fancy,
here is the problem do we take the boat from dover to calais then drive there about 4 to five hours, so the cost of the ferry is £80 plus fuel for the driving , or take the boat from poole to cherbourg then 1 hour drive, that cost is ferry £196 plus the fuel, so to me the price is about equal doing both things , whats your thoughts

Take condor ferries from Portsmouth/Weymouth or Poole to St Malo.

Its a nice journey and you stop in Guernsey and Jersey.

stevewool
28th August 2013, 06:44
to much money that way plus its like a full days travel,