PDA

View Full Version : visa to amsterdam???

melmart
19th September 2007, 21:48
my friends at work and i are planning to go to amsterdam by next month but im not sure if it does require a visa.i asked my husband about it but he thinks that i dont need a visa for that since its part of the u.k. unless if i go out of the country thats when i have to get a visa.my status right now limited leave to remain in the u.k which is valid for 2 years and i only have a year left for this which obviously afterwards i can get an indefinite leave.anyway i really want to know and hopefully someone can help me with this......thanks to all who will respond!!!

melissa

aromulus
19th September 2007, 22:32
You will need a Schengen Visa, easily obtainable form the Dutch Embassy/Consulate...

Since when Amsterdam is part of the UK...???:Erm:

baboyako
19th September 2007, 23:01
1) obtain time machine.
2) travel back to 1652
2) go to amsterdam no need for visa.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

but watchout, in 1653 they kick the british out :doh

kimmi
20th September 2007, 00:10
:NoNo::omg::doh:Erm::Brick:

Pepe n Pilar
30th September 2007, 13:39
Amsterdam a part of the UK????:Brick::Brick::Brick:

wynna
30th September 2007, 17:14
Amsterdam is in HOLLAND not in the UK :doh:doh. So you really need to get a visa for that I needed one when we were forced to have an overnight stay because of delayed flights.

andypaul
30th September 2007, 17:39
I think Holland is part of the EU was what the hubby meant. A lot of Brits think due to the borders in the EU being lifted back in 92 i think it was, that once your in UK you don't need a Visa to travel in and around the EU.
We forget how lucky we are sometimes.

charlwill
30th September 2007, 21:47
If you're not a British citizen or any other EU citizen you really needs visa to travel around Europe.

melmart
1st October 2007, 16:15
thanks to all. i just realized that amsterdam is in holland which i really totally forgot and yes its not part of the uk but its part of europe which i think my husband meant.can anyone give me the exact embassy address for me to be able to get a visa for amsterdam and how much would it be? thanks!!

KeithD
1st October 2007, 19:45
I went to Amsterdam once...lovely place...from what I could see of it in the airplane toilet :rolleyes:

singkit
2nd October 2007, 22:36
Amsterdam is in HOLLAND not in the UK :doh:doh. So you really need to get a visa for that I needed one when we were forced to have an overnight stay because of delayed flights.

I agree with you Wynna:xxgrinning--00xx3: I experienced to stay overnight in one of the nearest hotel in Amsterdam when our KLM flight to Manchester was delayed. It took us long hours to wait for that visa to exit Amsterdam airport. It was my first time to come to UK and it was a disaster:Brick: So definitely, melmart, you need a visa.

Gavanddal
3rd October 2007, 06:51
If you travel direct to Holland you'll need to apply for a Schengen visa at the Dutch consulate. HOWEVER, if you're travelling by road through another country such as France (as we're doing soon) you'll need to apply for the visa at the country through which you're entering. We're having to apply to the French consulate as we're taking a ferry to France then driving to Holland.

aromulus
3rd October 2007, 08:10
Don't drive too fast while in Holland...

Because if you happen to sneeze or blink, you will miss it...:D

andypaul
3rd October 2007, 19:32
Don't forget your mountain climbing gear when in Holland also

mrsfrivolity
8th November 2007, 22:50
If you travel direct to Holland you'll need to apply for a Schengen visa at the Dutch consulate. HOWEVER, if you're travelling by road through another country such as France (as we're doing soon) you'll need to apply for the visa at the country through which you're entering. We're having to apply to the French consulate as we're taking a ferry to France then driving to Holland.

Not exactly Gavanddal (fancy name :xxgrinning--00xx3:) We've crossed the channel via Dover-Calais twice with a Schengen Visa that was granted by The Netherlands Embassy.

Yossarian
9th November 2007, 09:39
All applications for a visa to the Netherlands have to be made in person, but you do not have to go to the embassy in London: you can apply through one of the regional consulates, of which there are many - spread from Hull to Bermuda, via Gibraltar :Erm:

Anyway, the list is here (http://www.netherlands-embassy.org.uk/consular_affairs/netherlands)