PDA

View Full Version : Southgate appointed U21 Manager

Dedworth
22nd August 2013, 18:29
:laugher: I can't believe the FA have given the Scoutmaster this job, he's won precisely nothing as a player and one club manager

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-under-21s/News/2013/gareth-southgate-appointed-as-u21-head-coach-220813

Ako Si Jamie
22nd August 2013, 19:37
Looks like a pattern is arising. First it's Pearce, now it's Southgate - which should mean that Chris Waddle will be the next U21 manager after Southgate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZWGYkTR7U

bigmarco
23rd August 2013, 01:04
Absolutely no credentials for the job. May as well given it to Gazza. :NoNo:

London_Manila
23rd August 2013, 03:05
Absolutely no credentials for the job. May as well given it to Gazza. :NoNo:

True but that dont stop many just look at Mark Hughes
After what he did at QPR he should never be allowed anywhere near another football club
He has failed virtually everywhere Man City Fulham Blackburn and still they employ this clown :doh

Ako Si Jamie
23rd August 2013, 19:23
True but that dont stop many just look at Mark Hughes
After what he did at QPR he should never be allowed anywhere near another football club
He has failed virtually everywhere Man City Fulham Blackburn and still they employ this clown :dohTo be fair he was only really bad at QPR. He did well at Blackburn and for Wales too.

London_Manila
24th August 2013, 01:46
To be fair he was only really bad at QPR. He did well at Blackburn and for Wales too.

He could not do anything at Man City and the Arab lot did back him with funds
Fulham ended up lower in the table than when he took over
I would hardly call his time a Blackburn a great success but i will concede he did ok there
His win rate at Wales was nothing special either

So out of the 5 teams he has managed only one ended up satisfactory/ok

Ako Si Jamie
24th August 2013, 08:51
He could not do anything at Man City and the Arab lot did back him with funds
Fulham ended up lower in the table than when he took over
I would hardly call his time a Blackburn a great success but i will concede he did ok there
His win rate at Wales was nothing special either

So out of the 5 teams he has managed only one ended up satisfactory/okHe wouldn't have got the Man City job if he'd not done well at Blackburn and I believe he was a whisker away from taking Wales to a major tournament, something that hasn't happened for donkeys years.

Not sure why I'm defending an ex Man U player though. :Erm::biggrin:

London_Manila
24th August 2013, 17:48
With the amount of clubs he has managed surely some day he may do well