PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Think You Are?

Arthur Little
21st August 2013, 20:04
21.00 hrs on BBC1.

Dedworth ... please take note:

Tonight's edition features Gary Lineker ... alias, "Gobby Gary" :blahblah::blahblah: - as you're predisposed to calling the 'Match of the Day' presenter.

Alas, most of his family photos were destroyed years ago during a flood, leaving Lineker with little to go on ... so the subject had to engage the services of a professional genealogist to undertake the research necessary for this programme.

Skeletons in the cupboard? :Erm: ...

... turns out one of his great-great-great grandfathers was an encorrigible poacher (albeit NOT from rural Lincolnshire :biggrin: as popularised in the famous English song commonly associated with that vicinity :NoNo:) and had been incarcerated in Leicester Jail on numerous occasions for such midemeanors.

Sources reveal this particular ancestor earned much notoriety in and around these parts ... not least, I suspect, on account of his rather unfortunate name (as befits his ineptitude) viz- James Pratt.

Aye ... :laugher: ... a real prat!

Arthur Little
21st August 2013, 23:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... thoroughly enjoyed this episode I have to admit ... :anerikke: ... especially the bit where - on visiting the prison that had held his ancestor captive a full century and a half earlier - he was greeted with a cordial, "Hi, Gary", from the warders on duty and they then proceeded to search him. :smile:

Rosie1958
22nd August 2013, 00:44
Thank you Arthur, I haven't watched this episode yet so look forward to doing so on iPlayer. I really enjoy this TV programme! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
22nd August 2013, 01:21
21.00 hrs on BBC1.

Dedworth ... please take note:

Tonight's edition features Gary Lineker ... alias, "Gobby Gary" :blahblah::blahblah: - as you're predisposed to calling the 'Match of the Day' presenter.

Alas, most of his family photos were destroyed years ago during a flood, leaving Lineker with little to go on ... so the subject had to engage the services of a professional genealogist to undertake the research necessary for this programme.

Skeletons in the cupboard? :Erm: ...

... turns out one of his great-great-great grandfathers was an encorrigible poacher (albeit NOT from rural Lincolnshire :biggrin: as popularised in the famous English song commonly associated with that vicinity :NoNo:) and had been incarcerated in Leicester Jail on numerous occasions for such midemeanors.

Sources reveal this particular ancestor earned much notoriety in and around these parts ... not least, I suspect, on account of his rather unfortunate name (as befits his ineptitude) viz- James Pratt.

Aye ... :laugher: ... a real prat!

I once worked with a guy whose surname was Pratt. You would of thought his family would of changed it if only to protect his kids from the micky taking :NoNo:

Arthur Little
28th August 2013, 20:30
Tonight's subject is Nick Hewer ... Lord Sugar's sidekick in 'The Apprentice'.

Reckon - in his case - the question ought to be rephrased to read: :cwm24: ... "Hew do you think you are?"

:yikes: ... better "get cracking", :xxaction-smiley-047 it'll be due to start in about 5 minutes!

Arthur Little
29th August 2013, 19:09
:doh ... lacked the infectious enthusiasm :Jump: of the previous celebrity. But, for those interested, it seems the programme's being repeated at 10.35 tonight.