PDA

View Full Version : How can you keep love alive in a relationship?

Les_lady888
18th September 2007, 17:17
I heard lots of stories about two people falling in love, get married and vow to love each other forever....but after many years, they break up and announce that love just fades away...no other parties involved...love just goes poof!! Just like that! Why? What could have gone wrong? :doh Im kind of idealistic so can anyone tell me (especially those who were married before or had several ex's) how to keep love alive in a relationship??

Mrs Daddy
18th September 2007, 17:22
thats my question as well as biggest fear...

joebloggs
19th September 2007, 10:42
as i keep saying 'go with the flow' , why worry about it, it might never happen, 90%+ of the things we worry about never happen anyway :rolleyes:

kimmi
19th September 2007, 10:46
I guess..Just be urself..Love each other, have trust with the relationship and Faith with GOD..:)

Les_lady888
19th September 2007, 13:55
This topic is not to trigger one's anxiety about losing someone in the future. It is about how to keep that love burning through the years. I havent been married yet so I can't really tell how a love relationship works in a marriage....how is it when u already have children, when u have been with a partner in one roof for so many years.....Is it correct to say that a wife should not bare all herself to her husband so there remains a mystery which husband would still want to discover? Should husband keeps those little surprises?

Pepe n Pilar
19th September 2007, 14:12
Hi Les lady888...This topic is so broad. Though we have read the do's and don'ts inorder to have a lasting relationship, there are no specific rules it depends because there are some couples who got married on their teen years and had been on all kinds of problems during the relationship but until now they are still together and loving each other. Some married late but only for a few years of being together the love for each just fade away. So i guess it is because of great love, care and trust with each other and as long as we find the person that matches our personalities. There are no perfect ones, just pray that God will give you the person that will accept you for what you are.

ervenescence
21st September 2007, 09:20
I heard lots of stories about two people falling in love, get married and vow to love each other forever....but after many years, they break up and announce that love just fades away...no other parties involved...love just goes poof!! Just like that! Why? What could have gone wrong? :doh Im kind of idealistic so can anyone tell me (especially those who were married before or had several ex's) how to keep love alive in a relationship??

I don't believed that certain relationship especially marriage has broke up with no reasons. Loves just fades away is only an excuse, they just hide the real reasons just to avoid extreme negative reactions from other people.