PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Part 2

rands
24th November 2005, 08:49
Hi Guys,

It is me again, Rands, knocking on your doors for some advice on preparing on how to best present the documents required for visa. What type of folders you used and should the photo be included with the documents in the folder? What is your suggestion in arranging them?

My mahal and i are planning a trip by January 2006 and we will be adding some more evidences of the relationship and now we are taking some time in writing emails and sending cards etc. It is sort of tedious :D but it is okey.

We first had our honeymoon in HK last Sept for about a couple of weeks actually and there we also engaged. If i learned about your site Pete and Gina, i would have gotten to learn some tips which i really find useful. I am considering Philippines and then a visit to Thailand.

Hope to hear from you guys, thanks!

Rands :)

Pauldo
24th November 2005, 12:57
Originally posted by rands@Nov 24 2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Guys,

It is me again, Rands, knocking on your doors for some advice on preparing on how to best present the documents required for visa. What type of folders you used and should the photo be included with the documents in the folder? What is your suggestion in arranging them?

My mahal and i are planning a trip by January 2006 and we will be adding some more evidences of the relationship and now we are taking some time in writing emails and sending cards etc. It is sort of tedious :D but it is okey.

We first had our honeymoon in HK last Sept for about a couple of weeks actually and there we also engaged. If i learned about your site Pete and Gina, i would have gotten to learn some tips which i really find useful. I am considering Philippines and then a visit to Thailand.

Hope to hear from you guys, thanks!

Rands :)

Quoted post

Rands, basically everything has to be sent in an envelope, or collected by courier rather. There are no applications at the embassy anymore.

I advised my mom in law to put the originals in one envelope, and the copies in another, clearly labelled. Also, fasten the seperate things together, like bank statements, certificate copies, letters, with a large paper fastener, then label each with a yellow Post-it saying what it is.

Might be overkill but it might just sway the person reading it all to give the visa with no interview.

When my mom in law made her application last month it was scrutinised by somebody in the post office where she called from. They were on the phone to the embassy going through each document to make sure it was correct. It appears to be a very thorough process and I feel they have been told to get their act together, probably because of the complaints they've recieved over the last few years.

Also, if in doubt, add the document, you've never got too much ammunition. birthday cards, postcards, all that stuff.

rands
25th November 2005, 15:15
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your advice. Yeah, i notice that they review thoroughly now and then they will see if there is a need for interview or not. I better gather as much evidences as i can.

Rands

Pauldo
26th November 2005, 00:20
Originally posted by rands@Nov 25 2005, 03:15 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your advice. Yeah, i notice that they review thoroughly now and then they will see if there is a need for interview or not. I better gather as much evidences as i can.

Rands

Quoted post

Rands,
My mom in law got her visa yesterday, so we must have done something right! She tells us they did ask her an awful lot of questions about our birthdays, where we live, address, where the daughter goes to school, etc etc.

rands
26th November 2005, 07:11
Originally posted by Pauldo@Nov 26 2005, 12:20 AM
Rands,
My mom in law got her visa yesterday, so we must have done something right! She tells us they did ask her an awful lot of questions about our birthdays, where we live, address, where the daughter goes to school, etc etc.

Quoted post

Hi Paul,

Congrats! It is really appalling to know that even your mom in law has to go thru such kind of questions. Well, that's the way it is. I am glad she got it!

Rands

Eljohno
31st December 2005, 19:15
[quote=Pauldo,Nov 24 2005, 11:57 AM]
Rands, basically everything has to be sent in an envelope, or collected by courier rather. There are no applications at the embassy anymore.

Hi Paul,
was just browsing when i read what you said here.My wife and i are trying to sort our visa out by the end of January.Is there no applications to go with the evidence file that we will be sending or am i getting mixed up.

Thanks,
John

andypaul
31st December 2005, 19:32
[quote=Pauldo,Nov 24 2005, 11:57 AM]

Hi Paul,
was just browsing when i read what you said here.My wife and i are trying to sort our visa out by the end of January.Is there no applications to go with the evidence file that we will be sending or am i getting mixed up.

Thanks,
John

Quoted post

Hi john

In september when we sent in our Evidence file, we also sent in the application form, fee in the form of a Cheque. Basically the whole lot. Not sure if things have changed.

If your unsure of the latest procedure the best thing is to email the Embassy, found them most helpful and responded very quickly to enquires. Common sense dicates that its best to keep the Email as polite and to the point as possible.

Andy

Eljohno
31st December 2005, 20:11
Originally posted by andypaul@Dec 31 2005, 06:32 PM
Hi john

In september when we sent in our Evidence file, we also sent in the application form, fee in the form of a Cheque. Basically the whole lot. Not sure if things have changed.

If your unsure of the latest procedure the best thing is to email the Embassy, found them most helpful and responded very quickly to enquires. Common sense dicates that its best to keep the Email as polite and to the point as possible.

Andy

Quoted post

Hi Andy,
what you say seems right.We are hoping to send of the application early February but although we have a fair amount of evidence so far its still very daunting trying to remember everything that is needed.

Thanks,
John

andypaul
31st December 2005, 22:54
Originally posted by Eljohno@Dec 31 2005, 08:11 PM
Hi Andy,
what you say seems right.We are hoping to send of the application early February but although we have a fair amount of evidence so far its still very daunting trying to remember everything that is needed.

Thanks,
John

Quoted post

Hi john

Don't worry a lot of us know how it feels and stressful is an understatment to say the least.

Well My Wife Jenn made up a list based on one a Young Lady who had actually gone though the procedure wrote on another site.

The Basic Groups went like this

Title Page (Ie your names and details clearly stated on the front)

Contents/Index

Letter From Wife to CEO*

Letter from Husband to CEO

Wifes proof of identification*
Husbands Proof of Identification
Evidences to prove our financial capacity
Evidences to prove our accomodation
Evidences of the wedding
Evidences of our relationship

* Notice the Wifes were put first

Best to group the documents into groups easy for you both to sort and for the Embassy.

I like many others on here know, everything goes crazy paperwork everywhere.

With any Paperwork you want to keep you need to make Copies otherwise the Embassy will have to keep for records.
So remeber to have both orignals and Copies folders with duplicates inside Clearly mark them . It maybe better to get your Wife to get the copies made up in Phil to save money on the extra weight of the Paperwork being sent from UK.

Can't think of much more, but just ask the question and im sure one of us can help.

Eljohno
31st December 2005, 23:28
Originally posted by andypaul@Dec 31 2005, 09:54 PM
Hi john

Don't worry a lot of us know how it feels and stressful is an understatment to say the least.

Well My Wife Jenn made up a list based on one a Young Lady who had actually gone though the procedure wrote on another site.
The Basic Groups went like this

Title Page (Ie your names and details clearly stated on the front)

Contents/Index

Letter From Wife to CEO*

Letter from Husband to CEO

Wifes proof of identification*
Husbands Proof of Identification
Evidences to prove our financial capacity
Evidences to prove our accomodation
Evidences of the wedding
Evidences of our relationship
* Notice the Wifes were put first

Best to group the documents into groups easy for you both to sort and for the Embassy.

I like many others on here know, everything goes crazy paperwork everywhere.

With any Paperwork you want to keep you need to make Copies otherwise the Embassy will have to keep for records.
So remeber to have both orignals and Copies folders with duplicates inside Clearly mark them . It maybe better to get your Wife to get the copies made up in Phil to save money on the extra weight of the Paperwork being sent from UK.

Can't think of much more, but just ask the question and im sure one of us can help.

Quoted post

Thats the great thing about using this site, most people have been through the process or they are about to so its always a great help.My wife and i feel in limbo at the moment because we have been married for over one month now and been apart for nearly three weeks but we have to wait a little longer before applying.At least when the visa has been applied for we will at least know the whole process has started.Thanks for the info once again...

John