PDA

View Full Version : Flying to collect my wife

songz777
2nd August 2013, 19:26
Hi guys, I am thinking ahead and trying to work out how to match my flight with my wife later in the year.

There seems to be no flights that I can book me return that match with hers being one way.
The only way I can do it is fly one way ( £ 458 ) and then book our flights together as one way again ( £440 x 2 ) total £1240 or so.
Have any you guys had this problem or is there any other way around it?

Many thanks John

irishman12
2nd August 2013, 20:00
hi john ,not sure why you cant book return that match with hers being one way. as far as i remember had my return flight booked before i went there but had to extend it while there and then we booked the one way for wife after getting the visa ,maybe best to consult travel agent .

bhem_bhem
2nd August 2013, 20:23
that has happened to me. what i did is rang the airlines, i told them that me and my son together with my hubby should be on the same flight and should be sitting together. they have sorted it but i have paid £10 extra each booking as a booking fee.

songz777
2nd August 2013, 20:40
hi john ,not sure why you cant book return that match with hers being one way. as far as i remember had my return flight booked before i went there but had to extend it while there and then we booked the one way for wife after getting the visa ,maybe best to consult travel agent .

The flights for return are not the same as for a single to UK. The airlines dont match. I can book a return as if we were both just coming to uk one way. I will have to book a single flight to Manila and then book a seperate flight with both of us on as a one way to LHR London.

Ako Si Jamie
2nd August 2013, 20:59
It's possible but only with certain flights.

For example you could have booked with China Southern leaving Heathrow on Friday 8th Nov and returning Sat 30th Nov at 17:35. Cost £433.

A single journey on that very same flight back to the UK is £417.

imagine
2nd August 2013, 21:08
that one way ticket to come back to uk, you will have have it on entering philippines,

due to having to have a return or onward ticket

junior02
3rd August 2013, 05:33
The flights for return are not the same as for a single to UK. The airlines dont match. I can book a return as if we were both just coming to uk one way. I will have to book a single flight to Manila and then book a seperate flight with both of us on as a one way to LHR London.

You need to call to book flights try ebookers, I tried online no go, then called ebookers and got flights I wanted for wife and kids.. If you do a one way on return I use to find it was cheaper to book in manila than uk..

BoholoX
3rd August 2013, 06:45
Hi, exactly the same happened to us, I tried to get a return and a one way for wife and son, and online it's impossible and also a bit risky as availability was limited. Flights didn't match and prices were just random. Could have done it to HK, but then PAL/CP/Cathay to Cebu flight times never matched either. Tried my friendly travel agent who I've used for years but his pricing was crazy. Ended up booking a one way to Cebu (in £s) then 3 x one way to Heathrow (in $s) I think my flights worked out at about £1k for the pair as to around £750 if I had have been able to book a return at the time. Good luck, it's a great feeling worth every peso/penny/cent!

stevewool
3rd August 2013, 08:01
what about just meeting her at the airport here, just a thought

gWaPito
3rd August 2013, 10:41

That made me laugh Steve. .''just a thought'' reminded me of a post doing the rounds on fb ''it's only murder if they find the body, it's just a thought''

I do agree, that is what I would do, meet at the airport. ..As soon as they check in they are looked after all the way here. .no chance in getting lost at transfer. .they're come looking for you.

Either way. .Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd August 2013, 10:53
thats just what i did with Ems, the flight she came on was the one i used so i knew all the details and where you can go to for a drink and so on, but dont forget boys and girls, our partners are clever just like us and they can act on there own too

Dedworth
3rd August 2013, 20:44

Sound idea - more money to spend on other things or air tickets in the future

Michael Parnham
4th August 2013, 09:48
It's far more convenient for the two of you to meet at the airport I'm sure John, good luck with whatever you decide!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

WhiteBloodAda
12th September 2013, 19:08
Hopefully get to start looking for mine and Ruby's soon, but the thought of just meeting her here is a huge no no. It's vital that I get out there, get to say goodbye to my family, spend quality time with them as we don't know when our first holiday back will be, and travel together with Ruby back again. Even more important because I took her back home, so only fair I bring her back too :icon_lol:

rhaichard
12th September 2013, 19:23
My husband had a same problem as yours.. so he rang the airline where he wants to book our flight and they manage to give him a return ticket for himself and one way for me ..

rhaichard
12th September 2013, 19:27
My mistake its travel agent "Expedia" not airlines hubby said the staff was really helpful