PDA

View Full Version : Any known Filipino agency in the UK/Nottingham?

hildayoung
23rd November 2005, 09:46
My wife just arrived from Manila, Nov. 18, 2005 and now she is bored. She wants to work but wants to have some Filipino working with her. Is there a Filipino agency somewhere in Nottingham area? She got work permit together with her dependant visa.

Admin
23rd November 2005, 09:57
I can't find anything. Has she contacted the job centre, and looked at the job sites on the WWW?

hildayoung
23rd November 2005, 11:50
Yes, we went to the job centre. She found some good ones, but reluctant because there were not one Filipino worker. So if anyone is reading this and knew anyone, please post.
Thank you.

ginapeterb
23rd November 2005, 14:40
Originally posted by hildayoung@Nov 23 2005, 10:50 AM
Yes, we went to the job centre. She found some good ones, but reluctant because there were not one Filipino worker. So if anyone is reading this and knew anyone, please post.
Thank you.

Quoted post

Well if she has just arrived from the Phlippines, I would allow your wife some time to adjust, and not try to atttempt to be thrust into the work environment, the reason she wants Filipino's to work with, is no doubt due to her reluctance to integrate with local Brits, if this is the case, she clearly needs time to acclimatize to UK Culture, not as in the weather, but as in the social make up of our society, you should take that into consideration, perhaps you would like to read my help page at

http://www.british-filipino.com/story.html

This gives you some idea about how it has been for others, its a fictional story, but true of many couples who end up in UK together, no doubt your wife is bored as its so much quieter than what she is used to, hope this helps, but as for Filipino organizations, they are normally networks of Filipinos in most cities, and there should be in the NHS Hospitals there in Nottingham.

Time will help in this, she will soon meet people at supermarkets over time, and shopping in town, They normally pick each other out.

Best of Luck

Admin
23rd November 2005, 17:43
Look at it this way, if I went in for a job interview and said 'I only want to work with whites'......do you think I'd get the job? :mellow: