PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Flag Carrier Prepares to Resume Flights to London

Terpe
26th July 2013, 20:12
The Philippines Department of Tourism (PDOT) is most pleased with the decision of the European Union (EU) to lift its ban on the Philippines, which will now allow Philippine Airlines (PAL) to operate fights to the 28-nation bloc.

“This is very good news for the Philippine aviation industry as this means that the EU now recognizes the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) as an aviation authority that competently qualifies airlines in the Philippines.

Sourced from the Philippines Tourism E-Newsletter July 2013 - It's More Fun in the Philippines Newsletter - 77th Issue

Jamesey
26th July 2013, 21:31
This is very good news! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th July 2013, 06:58
PAL, the Philippine flag carrier, aims to reclaim its flight entitlement of 7 times a week to London, Paris and other European cities and has plans to commence flights by the third quarter of this year. Once activated, this is seen to further boost the growing tourism that the Philippines is experiencing in the last two years.

Ramon Ang, Chief Executive of PAL, announced, “PAL flights will be faster than any carrier that take 18 to 24 hours from Manila to Europe. Our flights will take you 12 to 13 hours one way compared to other airline flights when you still have to wait for several hours in their hubs.” In addition, Ang said that their pricing to Europe will be very competitive with existing carriers.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... roll~on, PAL! :airline:

Ako Si Jamie
2nd August 2013, 22:12
12 to 13 hours? Bring it on! :airline::REDancedancer08:

Slip
2nd August 2013, 22:50
Would be nice..... Be even better if my work got the contract for them at Heathrow...... We already handle Malaysian airlines, china southern and Brunei that fly to Manila, albeit with a stopover in there respective countries.

And no they dont like to give discounts! Best I can hope for is an upgrade.... on the first leg of the flight.

Dedworth
3rd August 2013, 20:46
Job opportunities for Filipinos at Heathrow

malchard888
3rd August 2013, 21:39
Job opportunities for Filipinos at Heathrow

More likely Gatwick rather than Heathrow but I hope I am wrong

Dedworth
3rd August 2013, 21:43

Yep I didn't think about that

Slip
3rd August 2013, 22:00

Good point, unless an airline gives up a slot or pulls out of Heathrow then I do believe there are no available slots for a new carrier at Heathrow at this present time.

malchard888
6th August 2013, 19:57
Good point, unless an airline gives up a slot or pulls out of Heathrow then I do believe there are no available slots for a new carrier at Heathrow at this present time.

Yes quite correct Slip, I remember reading that China Souhern waited 8 years to get slots @ Heathrow unlike Silkway from Azerbaijan who appeared to get slots very easily, then again theres oil in them hills and that talks far more than tourism so I fear Philippine Airlines may be relegated to Gatwick.

Slip
6th August 2013, 21:23
Ah, Azerbaijan.... yet another airline I work with...... they actually took a departing airlines slot.... for the life of me I cant remember who.

malchard888
6th August 2013, 21:45
Yes Slip only way is when an airline leaves Heathrow or relinquishes some slots ,however the pecking order for those in waiting may well be manipulated and be politically motivated not to mention that deep pockets are also a necessity too.

Terpe
7th August 2013, 22:40
Yes quite correct Slip, I remember reading that China Souhern waited 8 years to get slots @ Heathrow unlike Silkway from Azerbaijan who appeared to get slots very easily, then again theres oil in them hills and that talks far more than tourism so I fear Philippine Airlines may be relegated to Gatwick.

I rather like Gatwick.
Just went in and out a few days ago and it's well organised, spacious and fast-processing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
8th August 2013, 11:00
I rather like Gatwick.
Just went in and out a few days ago and it's well organised, spacious and fast-processing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I live about 12 miles from Gatwick...so obviously hoping PAL will fly from there. Not only that my wife would love to work at the airport...anybody know if PAL are hiring?

Terpe
8th August 2013, 14:15
I live about 12 miles from Gatwick...so obviously hoping PAL will fly from there. Not only that my wife would love to work at the airport...anybody know if PAL are hiring?

I think they would have to.
Might be better to write and ask, no harm in trying and nothing to lose.
That would be a great job for her.

Dedworth
8th August 2013, 14:32
I think they would have to.
Might be better to write and ask, no harm in trying and nothing to lose.
That would be a great job for her.

If you don't ask you don't get :smile:

http://www.philippineairlines.com/contact_us/international_offices/Offices_United_Kingdom.jsp

GSA United Kingdom
Aviareps PLC Aviareps House Gatwick Road Crawley
West Sussex RH10 9RB
England
Tel :44 (0) 1293 596-680
Fax : 44 (0) 1293 596-658
e-mail : PAL.UK@aviareps-group.com
Office Hours:
Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 - 17:30
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: Closed

DaveW
17th August 2013, 19:37
I can't wait to see what sort of prices they offer.
As it will be the fastest way to get to Philippines will that reflect in the price?
I have just paid £475 with Cathay Pacific to fly on Sept 4th, which is the cheapest i have paid for a long time. If PAL can do around the £500 mark then i'm sure their flights will be pretty full

grahamw48
17th August 2013, 19:51
Great news ! :Jump:

They used to fly from Gatwick before...never had any problems with them in the past, and always good on price.

Hitching down to the airport is going to be more of a challenge now I'm a bit older though. :cwm3:

Pleeeeese fly from Manchester also. :pray:

robbie bobby
17th August 2013, 20:40
My guess would they would probably be flying from Gatwick and the prices would be between Etihad and KLM prices as they will be codeshare partners.in the 500-700 pound region rtrn

Slip
13th September 2013, 20:22
Good news....

My work were showing a group of Filipinos our facilities today...

Apparently PAL will be flying from Heathrow airport (not sure how many times a week) From November....

I've heard they will be flying from Gatwick also (although don't know if that is true or not)

Terpe
13th September 2013, 20:27
Watch this space eh..........................:Erm:

Hard to imagine how PAL could secure slots at Heathrow, but then who knows......

malchard888
13th September 2013, 22:08
just found the following link, it appears that from 4th November they will operate 5 times a week ex LHR, now that is good news for Friday the 13th
http://airlineroute.net/2013/09/13/pr-mnllhr-w13/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pr-mnllhr-w13

SimonH
13th September 2013, 22:39
Nothing on their website, and as their office is located at Gatwick :Erm:

Terpe
14th September 2013, 07:09
just found the following link, it appears that from 4th November they will operate 5 times a week ex LHR, now that is good news for Friday the 13th
http://airlineroute.net/2013/09/13/pr-mnllhr-w13/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pr-mnllhr-w13

Nice find :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th September 2013, 08:30
If it happens, will try them next time as long as the price is right!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
14th September 2013, 09:28
This is the answer that I got from them:-

Thank you for your interest in Philippine Airlines.

At present we do not have details of the exact commencement date of the flights to Manila, although we expect this to be early November. If you are happy for me to do so I will hold your details on file. As soon as we are able to offer you more information about the commencement date of the flights and information about the booking procedures, I will let you know by email.

Best regards
Lynn van der Lugt
Account Executive
Aviareps PLC

Philippine Airlines
General Sales Agent

SimonH
14th September 2013, 12:34
Just checked with Kayak for flights in December and it looks like you can book with PAL flying from Heathrow as malchard888 said and not Gatwick as I thought. Will look into it a bit more and see if I can find out when they start flying from and what the prices are like.

SimonH
14th September 2013, 12:50
Earliest flights available are 4th November at............

wait for it.............

£888.75 return :yikes:

Terpe
14th September 2013, 13:15
Current prices with other carriers around £500 - £680

Can't see PAL putting sufficient bums on seats at that price.............but then again Pinoy pride :Erm:

MHG
14th September 2013, 13:27
Post moved to existing current thread

It“s been long in the pipe ...

PAL/PR will fly five weekly non-stop flights MNL-LHR-MNL using B 777-300ER aircraft starting november 4.
Flights are already bookable (almost everywhere - except on their own website:Erm: - seems their IT is a bit slow ...)

Schedules are as follows:

PR720 MNL0805 – 1400LHR 77W 1
PR720 MNL0820 – 1415LHR 77W 47
PR720 MNL0830 – 1425LHR 77W 36

PR721 LHR1615 – 1250+1MNL 77W 1
PR721 LHR1715 – 1350+1MNL 77W 47
PR721 LHR1905 – 1540+1MNL 77W 36

Don“t be confused by relatively high initial prices. No airline in the world will sell the cheapest seats right away from the beginning. They need to "test the waters" first ...
Actually I made a sample booking (LHR-MNL-LHR out nov 4 return nov 10) and the lowest return-fare given was 983.75 GBP all-in ...

And they haven“t yet issued real through fares to provincial destinations in the Phils.
Fares to e.g. CEB are at the moment around 1200-1300,-GBP:NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
14th September 2013, 15:59
£912 on PIC UK. Far too expensive.

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/flight-search/flight/70.html

Terpe
14th September 2013, 16:09

It says 'online special offer' :doh

grahamw48
14th September 2013, 16:31
There's always the budget seats... :smile:

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/5047/thankyouforflyingphilip.jpg

malchard888
14th September 2013, 16:33
Philippine Airlines is expected to return to Europe on November 4, ending an absence of 15 years.

Subject to regulatory approval, PAL will launch non-stop flights to London Heathrow using B777-300ERs, according to airlineroute.net.

Reservations have already opened on airline GDSs like Amadeus and Galileo but, at the time of writing, bookings were not possible on PAL's own website.

Flights will operate five times a week. They are set to depart Manila just after 0800 to offer an early afternoon arrival into London the same day.

The return service is set to depart London in the late afternoon or early evening, to provide a lunchtime or mid-afternoon arrival back in Manila.

Small timing differences reflect the difficulty PAL has faced in obtaining Heathrow slots at the times it wishes to operate.

The departure times from Manila are at an unfashionably early hour for a flight of this length, but the departure times from London and the arrival times in both cities provide scope for arranging onward connections.

PAL configures its two-class B777-300ERs with 42 seats in business class and 328 seats in economy.

Business is disposed seven across 2-3-2, while economy adopts a ten-across 3-4-3 layout which some passengers might find rather tight on what will be a 14 hour flight. More details can be found on seatplans.com.

It is surprising that PAL has chosen Heathrow as its London gateway as airline experts had tipped Gatwick as favourite. Details of which Heathrow terminal will be used by PAL are unclear, but as PAL is a non-alligned carrier, one suspects it will be T4.

A bigger question is how has PAL managed to secure these much coveted slots at our busy main airport?

Also, it was expected that PAL would launch its London service with smaller A340-300s rather than the B777-300ER which is an overly large aircraft to launch a new route such as this.

As a destination, Manila is not well served from Europe - KLM remains the only European carrier with direct flights to the Philippines. It means that many Europeans access the Philippines via a hub in the Gulf or in Asia itself, such as Hong Kong.

It is expected that, as was the case when it last served Europe, PAL will make its best prices available through the travel trade.

Business Traveller will bring you further information when it becomes available.

philippineairlines.com

raynaputi
14th September 2013, 18:00

Luggage: 15kgs only!!! :omg::omg::omg:

I did a trial search on that link and I've seen travel time is between 12-13 hours more or less..

:thumbsdown: Too expensive! :NoNo:

Slip
14th September 2013, 18:10
I think we should just wait and see when it is official and all the i's have been dotted and t's crossed

WhiteBloodAda
14th September 2013, 21:25
They didn't give me any confirmation on twitter, just saying to keep an eye on updates on the website. Skyscanner has them as 2nd cheapest for 1 way either LHR to MNL (£509) and MNL to LHR (£256) in December. Bit of a pain in the bottom, as I need a return :P

Wish they'd fly from Manston though! That would be handy

Ako Si Jamie
14th September 2013, 22:12
Just did a Skyscanner search from Dec 14th to Jan 4th.

Good news is Philippine Airlines is the cheapest. Bad news it's £877. :icon_lol:

Jamesey
14th September 2013, 23:50
Our flights for later this year are already booked with Asiana, but these PAL flights look great! Although expensive, it's a direct, non-stop flight!

I thought that LHR - MNL was simply too far, and a re-fuelling stop was necessary, but it looks like the Boeing engineers have managed to overcome that problem.

I'd certainly spend an extra hundred pounds for the convenience of a non-stop flight. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
15th September 2013, 00:04
£1823.50 for 2 adults on the same dates in November as I paid £990 to Cathay Pacific. I'll stick with Cathay thanks.

London_Manila
15th September 2013, 05:06
Emirates £520 next month to Clark the better airport
I am going to bite the bullet and see if i can handle going via the middle east
I did read on Skytrax that changing planes at Dubai can be quite a pain
Dubai airport gets many bad reviews on that site

Surely these quoted prices for Philippine Airlines will come down with time
I would be willing to pay around £800 due to the fact its non stop
I would have thought maybe 3 flights a week would have been a better idea
Is there enough people wanting to travel to the Philippines to warrant 5 flights a week ?

MHG
15th September 2013, 07:25
@ Jamesey

Nope, it wasn“t aircraft related that PAL didn“t fly to Europe ...
The B777-300ER can make the distance without problems (no problems means no severe payload restrictions)

The Philippines as a whole country were (and still are) on the "EU-Blacklist" due to severe safety concerns.
It“s because CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines) was deemed not able to maintain proper oversight of the airlines in the country not only by the Europeans but also by ICAO - the International Civil Aviation Authority and the FAA !
The general ban on airlines from the Philippines is still in effect but PAL was granted an "exemption".
PAL itself was not considered a dangerous airline by EASA/EU but the general ban prevented them from flying to Europe until the exemption was granted.

... and a few days ago Cebu Pacific decided to apply for a similar exemption from the general ban in november.
This due to the EU Air Safety Committee“s second meeting being scheduled on November 29.
Personally I“m not sure if this exemption will be granted (personally I have my doubts regarding safety at Cebu Pacific) but the EU/EASA guys certainly know their business and we“ll see ...

Michael Parnham
15th September 2013, 08:00
Very interesting!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
15th September 2013, 08:02
if the price was right i would fly from any airport , but i would only fly with certain carriers, not everyone is the same

Ako Si Jamie
15th September 2013, 08:36
Even direct to Manila I wouldn't pay more than £700. The travel time is attractive but to be honest I don't mind changing planes and having a few hours to walk around etc. So long as I got to the Phils within 24 hours I'm happy enough.

Michael Parnham
15th September 2013, 08:52
Even direct to Manila I wouldn't pay more than £700. The travel time is attractive but to be honest I don't mind changing planes and having a few hours to walk around etc. So long as I got to the Phils within 24 hours I'm happy enough.

That's why I normally use Qatar Jamie, it's nice to have a couple of hours break approx halfway through the journey, also from door to door never been over 24 hours!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
15th September 2013, 09:39
Our flight via Qatar Airways this November costs £604 each for the return tickets. 17h 55mins travel time from Manchester to Manila. That's good enough for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th September 2013, 09:51

I'll second that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also I don't mind standing if the flight is cheap enough. :biggrin:

stevewool
15th September 2013, 09:53
Also I don't mind standing if the flight is cheap enough. :biggrin:

:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

Slip
15th September 2013, 10:19
Is there enough people wanting to travel to the Philippines to warrant 5 flights a week ?

It's not actually all about getting bums on seats. They can afford to quite easily travel with only 70% capacity of passengers.
Flights make more money with cargo on the flight. As long as the flights go with at least 70% passengers and the same for cargo then that is deemed a profitable flight.
However I do have my doubts they will achieve this 5 times a week and you are quite right to say three flights a week would have been a lot better.

MHG
15th September 2013, 11:17
They are probably targeting somewhat business travellers although the businessmarket towards the Phils. is limited if I“m not mistaken.
But only three weekly flights would certainly not be an attractive offer for business travellers ...

Michael Parnham
15th September 2013, 11:38
Our flight via Qatar Airways this November costs £604 each for the return tickets. 17h 55mins travel time from Manchester to Manila. That's good enough for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice to see you using Qatar, Enjoy!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

malchard888
15th September 2013, 11:44
I wonder whether BA are considering the route too now they have acquired all the extra slots from BMI but unless they expect to put bums on seats in the more profitable "club class" ,maybe" cattle class" even if full would not generate sufficient revenue to make it worthwhile.
I just hope they will as competiton on direct flights would certainly have the effect of reigning in the prices now being banded about for when the PAL service commences.

raynaputi
15th September 2013, 11:48
Nice to see you using Qatar, Enjoy!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It was the cheapest for the dates we want..:xxgrinning--00xx3: (well China Southern was the cheapest at £420 but we can't have 2 stops and long flight duration :NoNo:)

Ako Si Jamie
15th September 2013, 12:59
It was the cheapest for the dates we want..:xxgrinning--00xx3: (well China Southern was the cheapest at £420 but we can't have 2 stops and long flight duration :NoNo:)Didn't you see the flights with Cathay Pacific for under £500 a few months ago Rayna? Even now they have flights in November for around £550.

raynaputi
15th September 2013, 14:01
Didn't you see the flights with Cathay Pacific for under £500 a few months ago Rayna? Even now they have flights in November for around £550.

Yes I've seen it, but it's from London and the cost going to London from where we live isn't worth it. They do have flights coming from Manchester but still have to transfer to London. :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
15th September 2013, 15:28
Yes I've seen it, but it's from London and the cost going to London from where we live isn't worth it. They do have flights coming from Manchester but still have to transfer to London. :NoNo:

Plus travelling to Heathrow adds almost another day to the journey!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
15th September 2013, 16:12
Yes I've seen it, but it's from London and the cost going to London from where we live isn't worth it. They do have flights coming from Manchester but still have to transfer to London. :NoNo: I know Birmingham's a bit closer than Manchester but I always get the coach to Heathrow to get a flight. Works out cheaper than flying out of Birmingham. Return fare is less than £30 in November for me.

raynaputi
15th September 2013, 16:37
I know Birmingham's a bit closer than Manchester but I always get the coach to Heathrow to get a flight. Works out cheaper than flying out of Birmingham. Return fare is less than £30 in November for me.

Hahaha.. Jamie, we're 5 hours away from London (well driving) and Birmingham is just half the way from our place. We better stick to flying out to Manchester. :biggrin: And besides, Keith compared the prices of flying from London and Manchester, just around £30 difference. If we choose a flight from London, we have to drive down there and stay overnight in a hotel too coz Keith can't fly without having enough sleep because he can't sleep in the plane. Or else, his body would shut down. :cwm25:

Jamesey
15th September 2013, 20:48
@ Jamesey

Nope, it wasn“t aircraft related that PAL didn“t fly to Europe ...
The B777-300ER can make the distance without problems (no problems means no severe payload restrictions)

Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

London_Manila
16th September 2013, 06:46
It's not actually all about getting bums on seats. They can afford to quite easily travel with only 70% capacity of passengers.
Flights make more money with cargo on the flight. As long as the flights go with at least 70% passengers and the same for cargo then that is deemed a profitable flight.
However I do have my doubts they will achieve this 5 times a week and you are quite right to say three flights a week would have been a lot better.

On second thoughts maybe they could fill these planes 5 times a week
When KLM use to be around £500 return i used them a lot and their planes were normally full

Anything non stop from LHR is great anyway :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Trefor
16th September 2013, 08:08
Emirates £520 next month to Clark the better airport
I am going to bite the bullet and see if i can handle going via the middle east
I did read on Skytrax that changing planes at Dubai can be quite a pain
Dubai airport gets many bad reviews on that site

Surely these quoted prices for Philippine Airlines will come down with time
I would be willing to pay around £800 due to the fact its non stop

Dubai is a great airport to stopover/change. However the issue people often has is the transit time (i.e. waiting time).

Trefor
16th September 2013, 08:10
Great to see this direct route, and LHR is better for us now we live in the Midlands. I like a bargain like everyone, but if this route is £100 more than a 2 leg flight via Hong Kong or whereever then I still personally think it is worth the extra cost.

Slip
16th September 2013, 09:19
Great to see this direct route, and LHR is better for us now we live in the Midlands. I like a bargain like everyone, but if this route is £100 more than a 2 leg flight via Hong Kong or whereever then I still personally think it is worth the extra cost.

Living on the doorstep of Heathrow I off course prefer to fly from here. but I wouldn't pay more than £750 for a flight to Manila. Well unless all airlines are that expensive. And certainly not more than £100 more than someone like Qatar or Malaysian airlines just to go direct. However it also depends on stopover times. I wouldn't pay £100less and be willing to wait anything over 4 hours for the connecting flight.

irishman12
18th September 2013, 11:02
http://www1.philippineairlines.com/special-offers/fly-london/ best could find was 852 for dec/jan flight

raynaputi
18th September 2013, 11:17
I just checked..Roundtrip flights from London to Manila with dates Nov 18 to Dec 9 2013..GBP 582.75! :omg: A great deal that is!

Flight Itinerary

https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/pictures/icons/i_minus.gif?version=201309091556 (https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/ItinerarySummary.do#)
Fare: London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom - Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines, Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines - London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom

1 Adult 12+. Monday, November 18 2013, 16:15 - Monday, December 09 2013, 08:05.

Taxes

Total:

GBP 582.75

Modify search (https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/ItinerarySummary.do#)

Air Itinerary Details
Fare Rules (https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/ItinerarySummary.do#) Remove (https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/ItinerarySummary.do#)

London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom
Mon, Nov 18, 16:15
Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines
Tue, Nov 19, 12:50
https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/pictures/icons/air/small/PR.gifPR0721
Philippine Airlines
Fare Family: Fiesta Deal
Non stop

Boeing 777-300ER

Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines
Mon, Dec 09, 08:05
London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom
Mon, Dec 09, 14:00
https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/pictures/icons/air/small/PR.gifPR0720
Philippine Airlines
Fare Family: Fiesta Deal
Non stop

Boeing 777-300ER

FARE BREAKDOWN

Passenger Type
Base Fare
per person
Taxes and
Carrier-Imposed Fees (https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/ItinerarySummary.do#)
per person
Total Fare
per person
Number of
passengers
Total Fare

Adult 12+
GBP 582.75

Total fare shall be billed in USD (Exchange rate: 1GBP=1.569366USD)
USD915.00

Total price(s) displayed INCLUDES ALL TAXES except Philippine Travel Tax, other charges and fees that are collected at the airport.

All passengers required to pay the Philippine Travel Tax MUST proceed to the TIEZA (http://www.tieza.com.ph/) counter at the airport before checking-in.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION :

Free baggage allowance may not apply to connecting flights and excess baggage fees may apply.
Carry-on baggage allowance is one piece not exceeding 15 lbs. (7 kg.) with total dimension (height+width+length) not exceeding 45 in. (115 cm.)

Specific rules on surcharges/penalties and other conditions are indicated in the Fare Rules link above or at the "Agreement" section of this page.

LHR-MNL : Fiesta Deal Fare Family Benefits and Conditions

Economy Class Service

Inflight Hot Meal and Beverage

No Mileage Accrual

20 Kilos Free Baggage Allowance

Non-rebookable

Non-refundable

Specific rules on surcharges/penalties and other conditions are indicated in the Fare Rules link above or at the "Agreement" section of this page.

MNL-LHR : Fiesta Deal Fare Family Benefits and Conditions

Economy Class Service

Inflight Hot Meal and Beverage

No Mileage Accrual

20 Kilos Free Baggage Allowance

Non-rebookable

Non-refundable

Total Air Fare GBP 582.75

Total
GBP 582.75

Total fare shall be billed in USD (Exchange rate: 1GBP=1.569366USD)
USD915.00

grahamw48
18th September 2013, 11:56
Thanks Rayna. Yes...good price. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice and clearly laid out too. :smile:

raynaputi
18th September 2013, 12:03
Thanks Rayna. Yes...good price. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice and clearly laid out too. :smile:

We could've avail that..but it will cost us £200 more going from Denbigh to London (petrol, hotel, car park). :thumbsdown: So any deals of other airlines around that cost is fine with Keith and me from Manchester. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
18th September 2013, 12:26
i just checked those same dates and got 676 -so either low fare is gone already or were using diff websites:Erm:

Dedworth
18th September 2013, 12:29
That PAL fare from LHR is pretty good Rayna - they must've pitched it at that level to pinch business from Cathay and the Sand Monkeys

raynaputi
18th September 2013, 12:56
I do hope they'll have flights from Manchester in the future..that will be great for us who lives far from London. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
18th September 2013, 14:35
Way to early to book for next June when I am going. But just had a peek and they are £850. I wont pay that, but I know they probably will be cheaper in 6 months time or so.

grahamw48
18th September 2013, 16:12
We could've avail that..but it will cost us £200 more going from Denbigh to London (petrol, hotel, car park). :thumbsdown: So any deals of other airlines around that cost is fine with Keith and me from Manchester. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, I usually fly from Manchester too...only just over an hour from York on the train...straight into the airport. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
18th September 2013, 16:26
Yes, I usually fly from Manchester too...only just over an hour from York on the train...straight into the airport. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thats good not having to go through Manchester itself :biggrin:

grahamw48
18th September 2013, 16:32
Haha...and just make sure you don't fall asleep and wake up in Liverpool. :omg:

Dedworth
18th September 2013, 16:42
Haha...and just make sure you don't fall asleep and wake up in Liverpool. :omg:

A mate of mine was in the ATC at Manchester for a bit (now at Prestwick which must be better) I flew up there 4 years ago stayed the night at his place then went off to the US the next day. He lived in a ghastly place called Heald Green - I'm sure most of his neighbours were benefit fraudsters or dealing drugs :mad:

Michael Parnham
18th September 2013, 21:29
I do hope they'll have flights from Manchester in the future..that will be great for us who lives far from London. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have you ever tried Emirates from Manchester Rayna? because you know that the aircraft they use is airbus A380!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
18th September 2013, 21:54
Have you ever tried Emirates from Manchester Rayna? because you know that the aircraft they use is airbus A380!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I flew with Emirates when I came here from Manila. Flight was great and A380 was amazing! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Emirates was our first choice, 2nd was Singapore Airlines. It was just this time, Qatar was £60-80 cheaper for each tickets when we booked the flights.

grahamw48
18th September 2013, 22:31
It was Emirates who I first brought my ex-wife back to England with too.

They gave her a 'Child's Activity Set' to keep her busy on the plane...obviously not realising that she was already 23 yrs old and a mother of two. lol :icon_lol:

Here, pictured just after we'd arrived 'home': :smile:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6581/pyss.jpg

raynaputi
18th September 2013, 22:40
It was Emirates who I first brought my ex-wife back to England with too.

They gave her a 'Child's Activity Set' to keep her busy on the plane...obviously not realising that she was already 23 yrs old and a mother of two. lol :icon_lol:

Here, pictured just after we'd arrived 'home': :smile:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6581/pyss.jpg

Hahahaha..that was funny :icon_lol:. I have a friend who was refused to be seated beside the emergency exit door on her flight going to Chicago. She was taller than me mind you, around 5'4", but looks really young. The flight attendant thought she's just 12 but she was 23 that time. Even when they went out for a meal while in America, she was always given the menu for kids meals.. Hahaha..:icon_lol: She was really annoyed with it! :biggrin:

grahamw48
18th September 2013, 23:06
Yeah...my Asawa was all of 4'10" and 38 kilos...only about 43 kilos when 9 months preggers with our boy :biggrin: