PDA

View Full Version : nationalization for a british citizen

stevewool
23rd July 2013, 19:55
deep down is it worth having this, the cost is £870 so what do you get for this and what gains do you get, if you did not go for it would there be any differance to being allowed to live here on the ILR,
Just wondering before we go for it

Terpe
23rd July 2013, 20:33
Steve, there's been plenty of posts on this and the benefits of British Citizenship.

Let me just give one example of why I would consider it money well spent.

So you and Emma relocate to the Philippines in line with your dream.
Everything goes great for 2 years.

Then something happens that needs you to return to UK
This could be your health, family need or whatever.

Of course you are a Brit, so you can easily come back, even for life saving medical treatment.
Your wife Emma has been out of UK for more than 2 years and she CANNOT enter UK unless she has a visa.
Her ILR has now expired (it only valid for 2 years out of UK)

This scenario has happened time and time again. Especially where the British Citizen needs to take advantage of NHS medical treatment.
If you' rather spend a few quid on a shovel so your wife can stick you in a hole, or your happy to return to a life in UK without her.......

Think about it?

Anyone who has a chance to become a British Citizen would be foolish to allow the opportunity pass. IMHO

But as I say, everyone has choices.

Do your research

You know already there's no offence intended.
I'm only sound strong because I'm convinced 100% and find it difficult to understand your question logic

Allow me to reverse the question..........why do you believe it's not worth £870 to complete ?
Saving the money is not a good reason, I need another benefit of not doing it.

marksroomspain
23rd July 2013, 20:37
From my personal view Steve I would definitely tell my wife to go for it.

The fact that this immigration journey will cost me a total of around £10,000 taken absolutely everything in including future FLR & ILR and trips back and forth to the Phils ect I think that £870 would be money well spent.

The reason for this that ILR is fine in itself but if you are ever out of the UK for more than 2 years then it becomes invalid also I think my wife having a British passport gives her total freedom to travel almost anywhere without restriction.

Also for her to be a British national same as our son would make her so happy.

Anyway Steve whatever decision you make buddy I wish you all the best...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
23rd July 2013, 20:43
Travel to many countries without needing a visa, voting

stevewool
23rd July 2013, 21:01
Peter when ever you respond with answers i have asked there is never any offence taken,
I understand what you are saying about the two year thing, and i have taken care of that i think, we do have the cash to go ahead with it, and i do know deep down we both shall benifit from Ems having the british passport, its just hard to see the money go to yet another visa sort of thing,, thanks for the quick response too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
23rd July 2013, 21:01
Travel to many countries without needing a visa, voting

thats one of the good reasons too

stevewool
23rd July 2013, 21:04
From my personal view Steve I would definitely tell my wife to go for it.

The fact that this immigration journey will cost me a total of around £10,000 taken absolutely everything in including future FLR & ILR and trips back and forth to the Phils ect I think that £870 would be money well spent.

The reason for this that ILR is fine in itself but if you are ever out of the UK for more than 2 years then it becomes invalid also I think my wife having a British passport gives her total freedom to travel almost anywhere without restriction.

Also for her to be a British national same as our son would make her so happy.

Anyway Steve whatever decision you make buddy I wish you all the best...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

if only we knew what we was all getting into falling in love with someone the other side of the world, but they are worth all we have , well thats what i think,

Terpe
23rd July 2013, 21:08
Peter when ever you respond with answers i have asked there is never any offence taken,
I understand what you are saying about the two year thing, and i have taken care of that i think, we do have the cash to go ahead with it, and i do know deep down we both shall benifit from Ems having the british passport, its just hard to see the money go to yet another visa sort of thing,, thanks for the quick response too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Money is a transient thing. Sometimes you have it sometimes you don't.

Just do it Steve. Many things in life just cannot be bought. British Citizenship can............ For now .

marksroomspain
23rd July 2013, 21:09
if only we knew what we was all getting into falling in love with someone the other side of the world, but they are worth all we have , well thats what i think,

Very true mate...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
23rd July 2013, 21:46
I've posted enough stories on here about couples who now wished they had applied for citizenship when they had the chance, they left the UK to live somewhere else, and for what ever reason wanted to come back to the UK, and the Non EU partner had to apply for a settlement visa again, but the UK partner couldn't meet the financial requirement..

its a warning to all, do it asap and be truly free from immigration problems forever :xxgrinning--00xx3:

no brainer Steve get it done, you don't know whats around the corner