PDA

View Full Version : Wife's IELTS results

marksroomspain
23rd July 2013, 19:43
My wife today received her IELTS academic results for her career as a nurse here in the UK.

Sadly she just missed out as she got a 8 in listening, 7.5 in speaking but just a 6.5 in reading and writing where she needed at least a 7 in all 4 parts.

But she just done 4 weeks review to get to this level and these are a lot higher results than when she applied for her visa 7 months ago.

So I am highly optimistic when she resits this in 6 weeks time after more review she will pass she now knows which parts to strengthen.

I have true faith in her abilities and know she can do it, also with job offers she has received which all she needs is her NMC pin number to start...

Terpe
23rd July 2013, 21:11
I also have faith Mark
She'll get there very soon, I've no doubt about that.

Well done to her for a remarkable improvement and progress. :appl:

marksroomspain
23rd July 2013, 21:17
Cheers Peter...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
23rd July 2013, 21:18
Best wishes to your wife Mark, and I'm sure you will keep us posted with her progress :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

marksroomspain
23rd July 2013, 21:21
Cheers Doc...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
23rd July 2013, 21:46
good luck, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
23rd July 2013, 22:04
my wife failed to get the grades she needed first time to register with the GMC, passed the next time, just see it as a small delay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
23rd July 2013, 22:37
Cheers guys...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
21st September 2013, 11:41
Update wifes results after 2nd Ielts test 7.5, 7.5. 7.0,6.5 arrghhhh she is so gutted almost there just one let down was on speaking this time can't believe she got a 6.5 in speaking when last time it was a 7.5

To say she is disappointed is an understatement even said she wonders if the examiner on that point was so strict but I have told her and she realises that maybe nerves were a part to play as she admitted she spoke quietly and softly on that part.

Well here we go again round 3 more expense :REGamblMoney01HL1::icon_lol: but been together nearly 2 years so she's worth it, I suppose its a crazy little thing called :luv13:...

raynaputi
21st September 2013, 11:48
Oh my...ALMOST!!! :doh Oh well, I'm sure she would get it the 3rd time..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st September 2013, 12:00
Update wifes results after 2nd Ielts test 7.5, 7.5. 7.0,6.5 arrghhhh she is so gutted almost there just one let down was on speaking this time can't believe she got a 6.5 in speaking when last time it was a 7.5

To say she is disappointed is an understatement even said she wonders if the examiner on that point was so strict but I have told her and she realises that maybe nerves were a part to play as she admitted she spoke quietly and softly on that part.

Well here we go again round 3 more expense :REGamblMoney01HL1::icon_lol: but been together nearly 2 years so she's worth it, I suppose its a crazy little thing called :luv13:...

So very close....................
She continues to make great steps forward. I'd agree Mark that nerves got the better of her.
Do continue to support her. She'll get there and be able to take up the work for which she is trained and enjoys to do.

Doc Alan
21st September 2013, 13:07
How disappointing and frustrating Mark :doh

Your wife will pass next time :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

marksroomspain
21st September 2013, 17:48
Cheers Rayna, Peter, Doc for your continued support really appreciate it will pass it onto Jamie.:xxgrinning--00xx3: